• Advertisement

On Sale This Week

OffThePath

Re: On Sale This Week

Postby OffThePath » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Buggie wrote:Had to go way down the list to find this thread! lets bring it back to the front page shall we?

LA police gear dot com has regular closeout sales, as well as a new "30 minute countdown sale" going on at all times. the Items are randomly selected to go on sale for 30 minutes, with a countdown timer showing for the items.

I purchased a pair of the Bates USMC Rat boots which they currently have on sale for $39.99, regular price $260. The reason they are at such a low clearance prince is because they were designed and ordered by the US Marine Core for use in Afghanistan, and they did not meet their needs. there were two batches of the boots ordered and built. The first ones have the product code E29502D, and are factory seconds. Those have all been sold off by LA police gear. The second batch have the code E29502A, and are pristine boots. Those are the ones that I ordered, and I received them a few days ago. Took about 3 weeks to arrive as they are shipped from the US. Shipping to my door was approx $35.

I have to say I am extremely impressed with these boots. Very comfortable, seem durable, and look good too. Perfect for work, hiking, daily wear, or just around the property. If you decide to order, make sure you order a half size larger then you normally would wear as they are designed to be worn with a thick sock. I usually wear a 10W and the 10.5W are a perfect fit. Read the reviews on la police gear dot com. These are a heavy duty military spec boot made by a company that is well known for making quality footwear. Luckily for us the marines felt they were too "warm" for desert theaters, but they are a perfect 3 season boot for us here in Alberta. I highly recommend checking them out and adding them to your footwear selection.

Here is the link

http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-bates-29502-usmc-rat.html

Ordered the same ones from lapolicegear back in April, and will tell you they are one of the best boots I have worn, especially considering the price (and as Buggie said, order 1/2 size larger)
Had them delivered to the Letter Carrier in Blaine, Washington, so saved on shipping by picking up myself. Also got some BDU pants from then, for like 19.99, same one's here are 54.99. As well as other misc items...I do love the gear from lapolicegear, and there prices rock, especially if you can get free shipping.

Cheers,
Chevy55
0 x

BelowTheRadar

Postby BelowTheRadar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:05 am

Only 3 days left, @ Calgary CO-OP Melita whole coffee beans. 2 pound bag for $10 Usually it's $17 or $18 so I'd call that a pretty deep discount on some pretty good coffee beans. I happen to like Melita's Colombian beans better than Timmy's ground coffee but that's a personal taste thing. If you like Maxwell house or MJB more I would suggest your taste buds are dead.

Down side is you need a coffee grinder ($20? a plug in model from Walmart or about $90 for a reasonable hand crank unit *think grid down here kids* on Amazon) All the same, reasonable price on some reasonable quality coffee beans. Not $$$ gourmet, but not floor sweepings either.

If you don't know, try it, but again it's a personal preference thing. BTW whole beans keep better than ground coffee.

ATB,
BTR
0 x
Than= I’d rather be rich than poor.
Then= I first became hungry then I ate.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:17 am

It's been a while since there's been good deals in AB by the look of it ;). Time to revive this thread for everyone's benefit.

Picked up ammo field boxes for $6 (50% off) at Cdn Tire today. Made out of plastic but has a waterproof seal. I might go get a couple more. Good for ammo but I'm thinking good for caching too. On sale all week long.
0 x

Regularguy

Postby Regularguy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:10 pm

This is not a sale. I found lots of cool stuff at this store at reasonable price in Lethbridge called Bianca's Amor Liquidation.

Things I got was :
4' gear straps with metal buckles @ $1 each
Heavy duty locking ring and locking carabiner @ $1 each (its around $3 each or more at walmart which has a rating of about 1500lbs) so hell yea it looks strong enough for me to climb and rappel with.
Large sharping stone with a small bonus one @ $2
Large zip ties pack @ $1
Various sizes of metal bowls for nuts/bolts @ 1 each. Can be used as a cook set just buy a removeable handle
Wires 14 gauge @ $1 for a 3 pack. Use as snare wires maybe
Lots of other things you might find uses for. Check it out if you are in Lethbridge next time. It is south of Safeway south off Mayor McGrath Road.
Last edited by Regularguy on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
0 x

snowandrain
Canada

Postby snowandrain » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:26 am

We are lucky to have our own Bianca Amor's Liquidation at four locations in Calgary
0 x
It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.....

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:32 pm

We've picked up some stuff there. Just watch for the quality and any obvious knock-offs. If you're not buying precision equipment though, this place is a little gem!
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:43 pm

If you live near a No Frills store, this week they have a great $1 sale. I've picked up some canned meat/tuna, canned tomatoes, canned ready-to-eat soups, etc, all at $1 ea. everyone around had those items in their carts and I joked with the cashier that it must feel like working at a dollar store!
Last edited by helicopilot on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Syn

Postby Syn » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Thanks Helicopilot !
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:50 am

I love their fresh large pineapple for a dollar, I have enough currently in the house to can up 48 pints jar for future use
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:08 pm

Another week, another $1 sale at NoFrills! Many repeat items from last week, but I'm planning on doing some shelf cleaning at home today, so we'll see if I can hit the grocery store again.
0 x

Return to “Alberta”