• Advertisement

On Sale This Week

BelowTheRadar

Re: On Sale This Week

Postby BelowTheRadar » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:30 am

Not to be a downer BUT "Fukushima Radiation More Than 10 Times The Normal Level Is Detected On California Beaches". I hate to be an alarmist but the fact of the matter is Cesium 137 has a half life of 30 years. It is cumulative concerning your diet. I'm not too keen on adding that to my diet. Watch where canned fish are caught (read labels/check websites). I'll stick with Brunswick brand canned fish for now. I can't afford the 10X price of Atlantic vs Pacific salmon right now. My body can't afford the extra radiation for the next 30 years either.

With apologies to the west coast fishermen, it sucks to be down stream from Japan but don't expect me to sacrifice my health for your income.

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/fukushima-radiation-more-than-10-times-the-normal-level-is-detected-on-california-beaches

Where was that fish caught again?
0 x
Than= I’d rather be rich than poor.
Then= I first became hungry then I ate.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.

Joe_O
Canada

Postby Joe_O » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:38 am

helicopilot wrote:Another week, another $1 sale at NoFrills! Many repeat items from last week, but I'm planning on doing some shelf cleaning at home today, so we'll see if I can hit the grocery store again.

The new one here in my town, they had that sale going for the last week as well. Stocked up on celery, carrots, onions and more. Been making soups, doing dehyrating and getting ready for some canning. Love those deals.
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:04 am

No Frills, packs of 15 water bottles for $1 (ok, it's more with taxes and deposit fee, but still a decent deal).
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:02 am

No sales anywhere or nobody looking for any???
0 x

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:39 am

Tomorrow is 10% Tuesdays at Safeway. First Tuesday of the month. Noticed they had pasta and sauces on sale as well as cereals.
Their not the cheapest place in town but it is always clean, good for Airmiles and I can't stand supporting Walmart on general principle.
0 x

BelowTheRadar

Postby BelowTheRadar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Not on sale, in fact far from it BUT Calgary COOP has introduced a new line of pork and beef product called Perfect Pork and Perfect (Alberta) Beef. The advantage of these products is the lack of hormones and antibiotics used in raising the animals. That said, boneless sirloin tip roast runs $16.90 per KG and T bone steaks run :shock: $48.26 per KG. A hefty price to pay but a convenient supply of organic meat.
0 x
Too = That's too bad.

86bigred
Canada

Postby 86bigred » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:32 am

know where they get that beef. i work at a feed lot that supplies beef to a very large slaughter house that supplies beef to most fast food restaurants, one in particular that says the same thing. and i know for a fact all the cattle we feed have aditives. hell we have even started feeding them tallow (rendered beef fat) again. all i am saying is do not trust what they tell you.
0 x

Canadian Gurl

Postby Canadian Gurl » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:20 am

Not that I know much...but u r 100% correct on that 86. Ha,ha,haaaaa...and that's just what the animal eats (in the feedlot). There are also the upstream processes to consider (well, maybe not...ignorance is bliss???)...the processing + mixing of the feed...where the components of the feed originated...etc. And last but not least...the types of processes and manner that the slaughter, processing, and storage of the meat that u buy at the store (and is either cryovac'd or in a tray pack with a soaker)...... Let's just say that I'm much more comfortable dropping my deer loin on the garage floor then on the kitchen floor (and at most wiping it on my jeans) before tossing it on the BBQ....just sayin'.
0 x
[b]Live, laugh, love and learn! [/b]

BelowTheRadar

Postby BelowTheRadar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:54 pm

86bigred wrote:know where they get that beef. i work at a feed lot that supplies beef to a very large slaughter house that supplies beef to most fast food restaurants, one in particular that says the same thing. and i know for a fact all the cattle we feed have aditives. hell we have even started feeding them tallow (rendered beef fat) again. all i am saying is do not trust what they tell you.

Some people would beg to differ. The source of this beef is http://www.heritageangus.ca/en/index.php It costs more because it is NOT production line feed lot beef. You can see the difference in the beef sitting on the shelf next to feed lot beef. Far less fat marbling and the meat is darker as well.

Really, there is more than one way to raise beef.
0 x
Too = That's too bad.

86bigred
Canada

Postby 86bigred » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:43 pm

Sorry phrased that wrong, nice to know you can get good beef still. I will pay extra for good beef, I haven't really consumed beef since working here, with all the additives and crap they are feeding them.
0 x

Return to “Alberta”