• Advertisement

Excel Spreadsheets for Prepping

Excel Spreadsheets for Prepping

Postby John Galt » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello All - I just found this site yesterday and am excited to know that I am "not alone" in Edmonton (St. Albert actually)
I am sure that there must be a few more computer savy preppers out there that over the years have developed some great excel spreadsheets for tracking what they have, what they need and how much further to go to their end goal.
If someone has something I could adapt for my family - i would be glad to look at / use it.
Thanks
JG
John Galt

Re: Excel Spreadsheets for Prepping

Postby ICRCC » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Welcome John Galt and greetings from Northern Ontario. There is a wealth of resources out there, spreadheets for just about anything. I will try to put togeter some links for you.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

icrcc at hotmail dot com
ICRCC

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Buggie » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Who is john galt? Lol there is a great, very comprehensive spreadsheet on www.survivalblog.com I will post the link for it when I get home tonight. Or you could try tracking it down for yourself. Covers literally everything you could think of in regards to prepping, from bugout bags, to farm animals suited for post shtf life.
See you all after.
Buggie

Postby ICRCC » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Buggie wrote:Who is john galt? Lol there is a great, very comprehensive spreadsheet on http://www.survivalblog.com I will post the link for it when I get home tonight. Or you could try tracking it down for yourself. Covers literally everything you could think of in regards to prepping, from bugout bags, to farm animals suited for post shtf life.

On the site above type "xls" in the search box. Half way down the page that it shows as the result download the "List of Lists". This is a pretty extensive spreadsheet.

icrcc at hotmail dot com
ICRCC

National Flag:
Canada

Postby John Galt » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:47 pm

IRCC & Buggie - thanks for that link - that is one intensive list (I thought I had a pretty good one going)... now I feel there is so much more to do/get. (did get some more pretty good ideas though)
Thanks again.
JG
John Galt

Postby oldschool » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Who is John Galt? An atlas fan?
oldschool

Postby John Galt » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Hey Old School - I am new to this site and this forum. I am a huge fan of Rand. Sadly that book is still as relevant now as it may have been then. The tech has changed but the attitudes are all the same!
John Galt

Postby oldschool » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:26 pm

John Galt wrote:Hey Old School - I am new to this site and this forum. I am a huge fan of Rand. Sadly that book is still as relevant now as it may have been then. The tech has changed but the attitudes are all the same!

Agree
I think the world is getting more like the book every day with all the country bailouts
oldschool

Postby ICRCC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Welcome Clarisha. There is not one formula that you would use in such a case, you would use a number of formulas and techniques as you developed your sheet. As you ask that question it probably indicates that this task may prove to be too difficult for you. I have two suggestions one is find a course on Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet locally. If you do not want to invest the time there are many examples of these kinds of spreadsheets available on the internet. just Google them. You will of course need to own the required spreadsheet software to use them.

icrcc at hotmail dot com
ICRCC

National Flag:
Canada

Postby ICRCC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:53 pm

AlbertaPrepper the title of the thread is "Excel Spreadsheets for Prepping. I don't think it is out of place to ask a related question. I know that it was a simple question but we are here to help each other. I prefer a softer approach and this was not spam.

icrcc at hotmail dot com
ICRCC

National Flag:
Canada

Next

Return to Alberta