• Advertisement

police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose!!!

lgsbrooks
Canada

police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose!!!

Postby lgsbrooks » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:45 am

"We have the warriors that are standing now, willing to go far. We are not here to make requests, We are here to demand attention,"

On First Nation Issues, Jobs, Events, And Environmental Issues On The West Coast And World Events.
Sunday, August 11th, 2013

EDMONTON – A Camrose woman says she was left battered and bruised on Saturday following a traffic stop she will never forget.

Dr. Simona Tibu was on her way to see patients in Edmonton that morning, when she was pulled over by an Alberta sheriff for speeding.

Tibu claims the sheriff violently hit her window. When she opened it, he asked her to hand over her drivers license and insurance information.

“I advised him I would do so if he stopped hitting my car.”

Tibu also told him that if he didn’t, she would record him on her phone.

“At that moment, he became very violent. He took his hands through my window, hit my right hand, where I have bruises on it, smashed my cell phone out of my hands, and told me… ‘Get out of your car now.’”

She listened to the sheriff, who handcuffed her. With her arms behind her back, Tibu says the sheriff then began hitting her breasts.

Fearing for her life, she began to scream, hoping someone would hear her and help.

Tibu says that only made the sheriff even more aggressive. She claims he pressed his knees into hers until they were bruised, and pushed his pelvis into her back.

“I felt a hit in my head then he smashed my head on the pavement on the road until I was full of blood. Then he told me, ‘Now I’m going to walk all over you.’”

She remembers seeing a man show up, and eventually an RCMP officer and ambulance arrived at the scene.

Tibu was taken to hospital. She suffered bruises all over her body, including her breasts.

After speaking with an RCMP officer, she was shocked to learn she was being charged with resisting arrest, but the sheriff involved in the alleged incident wasn’t facing any charges.

“I am going to make justice happen,” she says. “No individual should be handcuffed and be beaten by the police. No women should be handcuffed by the police and be sexually assaulted.”

Tibu has contacted a lawyer, and wants to see charges laid against the sheriff. She has already filed a complaint against him with the Professional Standards unit.

A spokesperson in the Solicitor General’s office says that investigation could begin right away, or may have to wait until any RCMP investigation is completed.

In the meantime, the sheriff in question is still at work.

source

From Facebook “A LETTER FROM A FRIEND”

I know I haven’t been posting for a bit, but this post is to help my friend get justice for herself and to help prevent police brutality to others! Please pass this post forward as we would like this to go viral! The more people that know we have psychopaths running around in police uniforms the better!

This is the letter my friend wrote to a reporter to ask for help, I decided to post it since it was written by my friends own hand!

My name is Dr. S.G.T, I would like to bring into your attention the police assault that happened to me on August 3rd. I was driving to Edmonton to see my patients when I passed a sheriff . The sheriff stopped my car. Then violently hit my window ( not knocking it) on the passenger site. I opened the window on the driver site. I was alone in the car. He asked my driver licence , I mentioned to him I will provide him my driver license as long as he stops hitting my car, or I will record him if he hits my car again. He got mad at me, hit my hand through the window, pulling my cell phone away and told me to get out of my car. I got out of my car, then he immediately placed handcuffs on me , hit me on my both breasts until I got bruises , put me behind my car squeezing my knees , pressing his pelvis against my back until I felt his penis.

I thought he was a psychopath and I started to scream so hopefully someone will hear me and call the police. He got very mad, hit me in the head, smashed my head on the road pavement until I was full of blood. Then he said he would walk over me which he did. I am a petite woman, around 51 kg, 1,60 cm, and he is a tall muscular man. My whole body hurt until I saw another man stopping. The sheriff went away from me and at some point I saw Camrose RCMP coming and soon the ambulance. I was immobilized on a board, as they thought I had spine and neck injury.

Fortunately I am alive , I have no brain or spine or organ injury , except for immense psychological trauma and physical trauma as am all covered in bruises. Cst. Jones from RCMP Camrose charged me with assaulting a police officer under section 270 (1)(b) . I have to prove myself innocent now while the man assaulting me is free on the street possibley assaulting other women. I do not know why he hit my breasts, I assume, as a hate against women that he let loose while dealing with someone who talks with a strong accent and drives a cheap car. He had no idea that I am a Canadian dental surgeon.
I feel strongly the public needs to know his name, what happened to me , as there is a way of stopping sick individuals assaulting us, hiding in a police uniform.
Is Canada becoming a police state government ??? Are we going to stop this happening ??? I am going to do my part of enjoying living in a fair society, where we should not be beaten, shot by the police. I was speeding with 130km/h on a 100 km area to see my patients. And I ended up in the hospital. Unfortunately for the sheriff I am alive, no brain injury, therefore capable of testifying.
Please let me know if you can help tell my story.
I am forwarding you pictures taken at the assault with my iphone.
Thank you very much.

The cop that assaulted her is a peace officer and he hasn’t even been charged! He is from the Wetaskawin detachment! I say shame on you for your cowardly actions!

UPDATE: FROM A FRIEND

I would like to thank everyone for their support and comments on this tragedy! I just want to let everyone know that yesterday we spent all afternoon in the Wetaskawin court house trying to get a restraining order against sheriff Behills. I have to personally thank the lady clerk at the court house and the Red Deer Judge that stayed late to get this restraining order done! And yes she did get one granted!

I will keep everyone informed on the legal stuff as I get permission from Simona to release them to you, she wants to do everything by the book so there are no problems later, she is not doing this just for her but for every battered person that needs justice! She hopes people become more open about police brutality in our Alberta and in Canada! Even though she was let down by a member of the police force she has not lost faith in the legal system yet!

85 Comments in Response to "Excessive force and sexual assault from an Alberta sheriff"
Fucking pigs. This isn’t the first time police brutality happened in Canada. Fucking pigs are the biggest criminal organization in the world!!!

Keith on August 10th, 2013 Reply This Comment ::

im sure this pig is a drug lord

power on August 10th, 2013 Reply This Comment ::

This is simply another reason why there should be significantly more stringent requirements regarding mental state and personality before allowing someone to become an officer of the law.

‘Cops’ are not bad people. Bad people are allowed to become cops.

James on August 11th, 2013 Reply This Comment ::

This is very shocking! I hope you get justice-someone as violent as that should not be a police officer! Why he is still on the force is truly upsetting.

odin on August 10th, 2013
It really sounds like this guy hit the brick wall, he is not well mentally. He went of the deep end you know!! He is criminally insane, even if she did resist. it sure doesn’t sound like it, just in s hurry.

Michelle Heart on August 11th, 2013
This is horrifying. This man is a batterer and on a power trip. He needs help send should absolutely not get away with this. He could have killed her. Let’s support her in every way. He chose the wrong woman…she is strong with influence.

Mahara Allbrett on August 10th, 2013
This should be put on Idle No More.

Mahara Allbrett on August 10th, 2013
I too was assaulted by a city police officer in Statesville, NC. I was NOT abused as badly as you but this officer beat me so badly I ended up in the hospital for 5 days. I had a cut above my eye, a cut on my lip, a bone bruised so badly it took the better part of a week to put any weight on my leg. All of this because my 35 yr old son demanded an interpreter for the deaf and the hospital refused to provide one. The staff at the ER called in a security guard, which happened to be a city officer. He told me if I did not leave he would arrest me. I told him he could not arrest me because I was breaking no law. I left trying to avoid being arrested, I walked out side going to explain to the officer this was a Federal and State law and his job was to up hold that law. I told him my was killed in Iraq protecting these rights. He then said my son did not fight protecting anyone’s rights and quote; “Your son is a big boy now. he doesn’t need his mommy around the nurses know more about the law than you do so you just take yourself on home momma”. unquote. I was in disbelief and told him so, I also used some cuss words, which as far as I know is not against the law.

This officer is a patrol officer, Officer Cory Reynolds. Please take heed should he stop you, I am not the only one he has taken to the ground, this is a very dangerous man, he wears a uniform so there is very little protection from him. I was found guilty of disorderly conduct. Officer Cory Reynolds is 6’3″ tall, approx. 235 pounds and was 28 years old at the time this crime was committed against me. I am 61 years old, 5’3″, 160 lbs. None of this would have ever happened if the Statesville Police Department expected their officers to not only obey the law but enforce it. This man is an enforcer, NOT a protector. Officer Cory Reynolds you are a coward and should be ashamed of your self, you are little more than a thug wearing a uniform and carry a badge. This man WILL shoot and kill someone in time if he is not removed from the streets.

Summer Mickelson on August 10th, 2013
Why are sheriffs pulling people over for traffic violations suddenly? In most of Canada, Alberta included, a ‘sheriff’ is not a law enforcement officer per se. They don’t drive police cars. they don’t set speed traps, they don’t ‘patrol’, and generally they don’t make ‘arrests’.. In rural Alberta, the cops are the RC’s, not court accountants or debt collectors lol! Highly dubious people..

JK Riegs on August 10th, 2013
Yes Sheriffs have all sorts of power. This one was obviously on a power trip! I know from a friend they can pull you over and give a speeding ticket! I guess beating someone goes with the sheriff’s badge!

Sandy on August 10th, 2013
If you go to a web site called Wikipedia it will easily explain all duties as an Albert Sheriff. They include: highway patrol, prisoner transport, etc.

Anon on August 10th, 2013
Sheriffs in Alberta are typically young men who have been deferred from the RCMP / City Police. They are ignorant, and rude. They take their lack of authority personally, and are just a cash grab for the province. If you are uncomfortable getting out of your car when a Sheriff is present, you should call the police, but do not drive away.

Scott Cynical on August 10th, 2013
I too have had dealings with a woman detesting police officer. Granted, I had had 3 beers, and was over .08…however, I had had negative experiences in the past with partners who were abusive, and I told the police, I’ll do whatever I need to do to be processed, etc. please do not physically touch me. Well, that was a moot point…the bugger did..and I flipped…not good. But then, when you get to a lawyer a day later, etc. they don’t believe you…the police commission doesn’t believe you…etc…funny, the other officers knew this officer had a history of treating female in appropriately…but no one is going to take them to task!!! Just like teacher’s who sexually assault students…all close ranks with each other to protect the professional peer. Sad….sad. And this is atrocious!! Keep up the fight to see this officer removed from duty, permanently. He has committed assualt and battery!

C. Bergman on August 10th, 2013
Wetaskiwin RCMP

5005 – 48 Avenue
Wetaskiwin, AB T9A 0N1

Office
Ph: (780) 312-7200

Complaints / After Hours
Ph: (780) 312-7267

http://www.wetaskiwin.ca/index.aspx?NID=154

derrick on August 10th, 2013
Organized crime!

Kenevieve on August 10th, 2013
This kind of thing goes on so often that i’m hardly shocked or surprised anymore when I hear of this type of brutality. Judging from all the past cover ups and outright contempt for the public/law I highly doubt that anyone at the RCMP would care if any of us did contact them to complain but thanks very much for taking the time to post the info anyway. What an absolute sad state law enforcement has sunken to in recent years and they should be ashamed and embarrassed for themselves and they are fooling no one.

Dave on August 10th, 2013
Not the first time…..seems these rcmp officers have been very busy..http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/08/04/moun ... side-stop/

Carol on August 10th, 2013
And another…….rcmp shoot a son trying to protect his elderly father….same cops http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/father-of-ma ... -1.1400627

Carol on August 10th, 2013Racial Discrimimation? “The Aboriginal Commission on Human Rights & Justice is gravely concerned after an incident that began as an impaired driving investigation ended with the shooting by an RCMP officer leaving one aboriginal man dead and another wounded,” Stanley Venne said in a news release Tuesday.

“This incident may be another reminder that aboriginal people are often the targets for police brutality which is a reflection of the racism that exists within society and manifests itself at different times within the RCMP.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/08/06 ... 16011.html

Carol on August 10th, 2013 This is horrifying to me. The police are supposed to protect us. I do not understand why the victim was charged with assalting a police officer, and he is still policing the streets of Wetaskiwin. Shame on him.

Donna Hudson on August 10th, 2013
So then Alberta Law Enforcement officials. Is this what we can expect when you pull people over?

Jim Andrews on August 10th, 2013
Cowards! I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario and this goes on here frequently. Cowards behind a gun! Small organ.

Anita on August 10th, 2013
Don’t worry kido karma will come around and bite him in his donut eating ass. Maybe he will receive the same or worse treatment real soon who knows. Sorry you had to get pulled over by a small dicked badge wearing coward who probably beats his own wife at home too. probably molests his kids aswell. He is the type that if he is not in control he gets all scared and wets his pants and lashes out in anger. and of course all cops stick together so you can bet not a damn thing will happen. I suffer from mental issues depression schitzophrenia anxiety and I am on some pretty heavy medications aswell as a heavy anti phsycotic for my anger. I treat my wife of 12 yrs with the upmost respect and love and I love my child to death we are best buds. I have had bad bad run ins with the police here and they are just now being trained in how to deal with a mentally ill suspect/patient. But there are some that are tazer happy and heavy handed and those numbers are rising all over Canada and it’s sad something needs to be done quickly. Why should the police police each other why not bring in citizens like you and I to do that job.

canada on August 10th, 2013
So sorry to hear this….There are some police officers out there that thinks just because you have a mental Issues that you don’t know NOTHING, Or when they turn away from you and they start laughing think your crazy,,that i can’t stand. Just like that man that was tazerd at the Airport a couple of years ago and died because he had a mental Illness, what ever became of that?

Marina on August 11th, 2013
Not shocking to me since I was stopped once and took notice of their aggressive manner. I hope she gets justice. Good luck …

anna on August 10th, 2013
I am not surprised, I was on my way to the war memorial in Ottawa 5 years ago on D-Day to hand out pamphlets. I was cycling, a car almost hit me , forcing me to the curb. I caught up, tapped on his roof and gave him “What for” He gave me a very nasty look, steerted into me and accelerated. Iw as left with a broken leg and bones piercing my laft palm ( Not good for a dentist) As I lay in shock, 45 minutres later the fellow turned himself in and was immediately let go, before I had laid a complaint or report. I was threatened with a ‘mischief’ charge’ . In the ensuing 6 months I was told to “f” off, ignored, called a racists. The case was closed in a wekk, but the witness was not contacted for 3 weeks. Something is veryw rong with the way our law agencies are going. This case makes mine look tame.

Dr Michael PIlon

Dr Michael Pilon on August 10th, 2013
Dr. Simona Tibu..could you please get in contact with me. Or someone that knows how I can get in contact with her please get her this message.

WE ARE ANONYMOUS. WE ARE LEGION. WE DO NOT FORGIVE. WE DO NOT FORGET. EXPECT US……

John Anonninpo on August 10th, 2013Go get them. This is what happens when the government uses WANNABE COPS!!!

Mick Dingo on August 10th, 2013
I’m glad there is, at least, someone who takes this seriously. Usually in situations like this a woman has no one to turn to. It can be devastating when you feel that there is nothing anyone will do to acknowledge the truth of what happened. Thank you, whoever you are for being there and caring enough to even try to help her.

Hope on August 10th, 2013 Reply
I have been wishing there were other someone’s with a like mind. No one else is going to stop these things from happening or help us. We must do this ourselves. Please contact me, I would love to assist you in your endeavours.

Candice on August 11th, 2013
This also goes on in Sarnia Ontario my little brother was beat up so bad his face look like he was in a boxing match for 15 rounds. But not only one did it took 9 of them stepping on his face because they could not do it one on one!!!! Don`t get me wrong there is some good police out there just wish they would stand up and bust the bad ones!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Dionne on August 10th, 2013
“Don`t get me wrong there is some good police out there just wish they would stand up and bust the bad ones!!!!!!!!!!!!”

If they don’t bust the bad ones they’re NOT GOOD COPS! When was the last psychotic cop busted by his peers? Well, that would be NEVER, wouldn’t it? So what does that tell you about “good” cops?

They don’t exist. If they’re hired, they’re not “good” cops. They only hire psychotics and cowardly bullies these days, based on the evidence.

Stephan Williams on August 11th, 2013 Reply This Comment ::

I wish Simona Tibu the best of luck. I was aggressively assaulted by a police officer in Toronto in 1996, after I committed the crime of being hit from behind by his police car while riding my bicycle.

it is incredible how the system protects the police, and lawyers are cowards. The second a lawyer finds out you want to press criminal charges against a police officer, They make incredible excuses to not help you.

it took me 17 years, but I finally got charges filed just this past Thursday, and a pretrial is scheduled for August 19th.

Derek Birch on August 10th, 2013
Best of Luck Derek…After 17years you might get something out of it..

Marina on August 11th, 2013
I have an extremely hard time imagining that a sheriff pulled you over then started beating you and “walking all over you” . You might have run to the media but in the end when the truth comes out your the one that will be without credibility. The fact that the RCMP charged you with resisting arrest shows that even another law enforcement agency thinks you did something illegal. Your deliberately leaving out a big portion of your story. If anything even close to this happened he would not be put back out on patrol but instead suspended with pay immediately. EVERYTHING will come out in court. Enjoy your sympathy party until then.

jason on August 10th, 2013
shut the fuck up your a dick

ANNONYMOUS on August 10th, 2013
Yes because we all know the police never lie :D !

r u serious??? you must be a cop lover or one your self. yes..there are losers in all walks of life. do you not watch or read the news. cops are corrupt all over the place and idiots like you pay their paycheck while still on duty until proven guilty. funny how it doesn’t work that way for a regular citizen. do some research derek

CurlySue on August 10th, 2013
Why was he going to arrest her??? For a speeding ticket?? and wasn’t he on a bike???

Donna Goulet on August 10th, 2013
Why was he going to arrest her??? for a speeding ticket?? and wasn’t he on a bike??? and if he wasn’t she doesn’t seem to be very big and so he shouldn’t have had a problem throwing her into the back seat of his patrol car. Even if she was resisting arrest gave him no right to do what he did to her!!!!

Donna on August 10th, 2013
I agree with you – we’re hearing half the story.

j on August 10th, 2013
Regardless of whether you believe her story, and perhaps she did resist arrest, the pictures are proof that she was beaten by the Sheriff. Resisting arrest does not warrant a beating. Pretty sure he could have easily put her in handcuffs immediately. She is not a very big person by the sounds of it.

Linda on August 10th, 2013
Where have you been – under a rock?
You ought to yard your head out of your ass and have a look around, babe! This kind of insanity on behalf of police around the country is not uncommon and is on the rise. Sucks for the decent intelligent ones. Gives them a bad name.
Many officers haver been proven liars so many times over the years that it’s laughable to hear a simpleton such as yourself simply jump into the naysayers stance. Perhaps you have a dog in this fight?
A ‘Copper’ yourself or an acquaintance of one? (rhetorical – reply not desired) I can talk to a pinhead any old day of the week so spare us your verbal diarrhea.
Sorry babe, you just can’t justify the unjustifiable. Go sell your psychosis somewhere else!

Smille on August 11th, 2013
Why do you find that difficult to believe? Do you know this officer? rapists are often attracted to professions that give them power over others. This wouldn’t be a rare or special case. Furthermore, whywould a dental surgeon on her way to see patients be so volatile that an officer would feel it necessary to beat her in that manner?

tai on August 11th, 2013
Peace officers are NOT law enforcement officers, police, or RCMP. It’s unfortunate that their 12 week course somehow makes the wannabe cops think they have some sort of power. This guy needs to be taken to task.

Mavis on August 10th, 2013
Shame on the RCMP of the Camrose Detachment for backing up and supporting this thug who would attack and beat up a defenseless woman. Any many who hit a woman, especially when she can’t even protect or defend herself, is a coward, a bully and a truly despicable piece of human garbage! Since the proper police force (whose job is to serve and protect the public) have chosen to support this vicious, sadistic thug, I reckon a small posse should find out who he is and get him in a back alley sometime (or any dark, lonely spot) and teach him a damn good lesson that he will never forget!

Lord Barham on August 10th, 2013
This so typical of police covering for police because they are racist and criminals hiding behind a badge of authority that gives them the right to strip you of yours and sadly that is the way it is in our police state of Alberta there is no such thing as justice at all ever

Alan on August 10th, 2013
More of Alberta justice and solicitor general minister jonathan denis is this more of your office values of: respect, accountability, integrity and excellence. SHAMEFUL even for overpaid overzealous mall cops real bunch of heroes http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/s ... eriff.html

Bill on August 10th, 2013
*an Alberta sheriff
This is absolutely disgusting.

Kyle on August 10th, 2013
Although this is a disgusting display of misogynist, racist behavior..there is precious little this poor woman, or any of us in fact, can do about it. This act of cowardice and brutality will be swept under the rug with hundreds of similar incidences perpetrated by these ego manics. How appropriate that is called a “police force”.

Beth on August 10th, 2013
if I am pulled over and a cop starts hitting my car window in a manner that shows he is upset, I would do everything in ,my power to not upset him further, she verbally challenged him which added to his already fueled tirade, that being said, I hope they slam the doors on him for what he did, again that being said, rights or no rights, she should have saved herself a beating by just handing him her drivers license and given no verbal outbursts to fuel his already tempered state, that way she would not be laying in a hospital bed. I am not for this kind of police brutality and I am for the rights of the person injured, all I am saying is that she could have saved herself from this bastard by just keeping her mouth shut

brenda on August 10th, 2013
omg! are you serious. so when a woman’s raped it’s her fault is what you are saying. the goof shouldn’t be on the job if he has such anger issues. PERIOD!!!!!!

So its gotten to the point were we have to remain silent or risk being beaten? I dont recall getting that memo.

It’s called “being wise.” She could have complained about him to his superiors. Think she provoked him and is milking this for all it’s worth., I’d like all you “cop haters” to think what life would be like without a police force, albeit imperfect.

Jean on August 10th, 2013
i would love my life without police force. the only things they ever did to me is 1) not find the people who beat me up and 2) give me tickets.

oplap on August 11th, 2013
These comments are really sad to read – cops aren’t supposed to be instilling fear in people – they are here to serve and protect. You don’t have to be put in a position of ‘cowering’ and shutting up to be saved from a beating!!

Lisa on August 11th, 2013
victim blaming. all your doing is victim blaming. what she did or didnt do did NOT warrant this kind of a reaction. and it never should. unless we accept living in a fascist police state. i for one, do not.

cami ollivier on August 10th, 2013
I agree – if you see he’s in a bad mood, don’t provoke by being mouthy. He’s the officer, not you.

Brenda, you have a peculiar way of defending stupidity and belligerence. Full Stop.

Stephan Williams on August 11th, 2013
does any one not see the bullshit of the court system?
why if you’re not guilty….would you have to plea guilty if you want to get away with the lesser charge?
if you’re not guilty…you’re not guilty!
this is how the courts make their money…by the revolving door they have.
they have to charge you with some thing if they want to justify their jobs.
i had a cst. tarchuck in bc try saying i was under arrest for assaulting a police officer and i was walking away from him not even looking at the goof.
not sure how to assault some one if you are not facing the person????
long story short…i stayed with my conviction of calling out the cop and judge. i told the judge to do what he has to do but i will not plead guilty to some thing that never happened.
cops lie and say what ever they need to so that they keep their jobs and look good.
i was charged with the assault but never convicted. don’t let people tell you what to do when you know you’re in the right.

How dare you question the actions of one of your overlords! You just shut up and answer his question.Sadly this is becoming the new normal. I think firstly we need to take away their guns, they are proving all too frequently that they are not acting in a responsible enough manner to have tax payer funded arms, and I’m sick of paying for it.

Mike Sharkey on August 10th, 2013
This is why I will never set foot on this continent, it’s a higher probability to get murdered by a cop there than it is to get murdered by some gangster in Colombia.

Michael on August 10th, 2013
After living in Colombia, I disagree with you.

http://youtu.be/wWdb4N3U8q0

Ansar Muhammad on August 10th, 2013
There is no excuse for this as when law enforcement is trained to do a job, they r to use they’re training with proper discretionary measures, not hurt people. it’s appalling when u see this type of behavior as when they r to serve and protect, over enpowerment gives a cutting edge to use brute force. too many of them flake an excuse to cover they’re own ass, and i’ve seen way too many episodes of COPS that displays the aggressiveness on the side of the police force even when the individual they r apprehending is not resisting arrest. what a bunch off bullshit. the R.C.M.P should b doing a complete investigation of the incident on behalf of this victim’s consequences. What the hell has happened to our justice system? instead of beating a woman over a speeding violation, use the tools to apprehend hardened criminals like serial murderers and rapists, pedophiles and so on. U give the descent Enforcement Officials a bad name because U yourself r to inadequate to do what is morally right. i wish a well recovery to our lady that was injured as a result of poor conduct on the behalf of the R.C.M.P, and all the other cases of police brutality that i see continually on the news between people being shot dead, or tazered to death even though they were unarmed at the time of apprehension. it’s an absolute shame….u don’t agree, then Don’t Go Away Mad, Just Go Away……

TJG on August 10th, 2013
So sick……… KARMA……..

Patricia on August 10th, 2013
omg this is crazy dr simon tabu is the nicest person ever she is mine and my daughters dentist she wouldnt hurt a flee I am so sry dr. simon what happened to you i hope n pray he gets charged and put away NOT COOL

pam couturier on August 10th, 2013
Please state his name so that he can be publicly known

kelly west on August 10th, 2013
I would like to ask everyone to exercise patience. There are many Sheriffs in Alberta and I can assure you that most of them are very professional and would not be involved in an in incident such as these.

Let`s wait until the Court decides whether or not he is guilty of the alleged crimes.

Mario Hernandez on August 10th, 2013
this is not surprising any more the police force need to be more aware of internal corruption, this is getting out of control, innocent people are dying at the hands of the peace makers and questions are going unanswered is this police brutality and this should not go unpunished sham on that evil man. All the best to the recovering doctor, remember you didn’t deserve to be bullied.

unknown on August 10th, 2013
I felt so sad and disturbed reading your story. It is difficult to figure out what it happening to women. So many if us suffer from the misogyny of men. Shame on you, so called sheriff. I’d like to kick you.

Heather Frenette on August 10th, 2013
Send countless letters to the Minister of Justice and the Solicitor General and make this as public as possible. Send a strong letter to the Premier. This should never be allowed under any circumstances.

Linda on August 10th, 2013 Reply This Comment ::

Thank you for taking this to the end. We all need you. Police are going rouge all over the place, and finally, they abused a professional, decent and caring person who has the strength and courage to stand up for us. Thank you. XO’s!

Yvonne on August 11th, 2013
Is there a petition of some sort to get that officer off the streets? If so, I want to sign it!!!!

Merina Matthew on August 11th, 2013
Once anyone arrests or places a person in handcuffs they are obligated by law to protect that person. They are not allowed to continue beating them. Having hands placed behind the back is the most vulnerable position you can place a person in. There is no mechanism in place for that person to defend themselves.

When you are pulled over by a member who is charged to look after the highways; you are required by law to present them with the information they are demanding such as ID and Registration regardless of whether or not they are pounding on your window. This is cold statement of fact and I am not blaming the victim. You do not own your drivers license. This is document issued by the province and is owned by the province. Having one is a privilege that can be revoked.

The moment handcuffs were placed on this woman there was no longer any reasonable threat to the officer. He should have searched her for a weapon or a escape tool and followed the proper procedure of arrest. If he continued to beat her after the cuffs were placed then he used excessive force and her rights were clearly violated. The laws governing use of force of very clear on this. It does not matter if she is a dentist or a housewife. Most detachments have a dash board camera. I am hoping that there is video documentation so that we can see what actually happened. I’m not saying it didn’t go down the way the good Dr. explains however; I wasn’t there. Size of suspect only matters during the incident and in the final evaluation of the investigation and will be determined during the investigative and punitive phase (if any). The pictures are horrifying to look at and I would say based on what I know now that excessive force investigation should be opened and seriously investigated. Our problem in this country is that we have Police, Policing the Police.

The professional standards branch is a good start and I’m glad she was able to obtain a restraining order, believe it or not this will help lend credibility to her account of the incident. It’s unfortunate that she’s had this experience and I wish her a speedy recovery.

P on August 11th, 2013
Fucking loser, I think a group should get together ambush him, throw a bag over his head and punch his head and punch his tits til soft and gooey, and throw him on the ground and put the boots to him. He doesn’t deserve his job, his pension, respect from his community, or life. He will only escalate his violence and deserves no privacy to do so.

malaise on August 11th, 2013
While I completely sympathize with the Doctor, I am more concerned about the other woman / children in this Sheriff’s life. If he can become this violent against a total stranger, then think about what his wife and kids must be enduring!!! If he’s not married than I pity the poor, unsuspecting girl that has the misfortune of becoming involved. If anyone does know his name it should be made public so other potential victims can be aware!!!!

Charlyn on August 11th, 2013
Not saying this wasn’t excessive force, but there’s two sides to every story, there’s his, her’s and the truth. to say she took a savage beating like this for threatening to record with a cell phone just seems a bit fishy. The media has a responsibility to get both sides and put out an Unbiased report.. this is clearly biased.

concerned on August 11th, 2013
I see we have another trained-by-the-Israeli-Defense-Forces member of our corrupted police forces defending the indefensible actions of this psychotic creep who beat a woman for challenging his limp-dicked authority. Grow a brain, “concerned”. There is no defense for this kind of behaviour. Nuthin’! Nada! No Time!

This creep should be charged with assault and incarcerated in a facility where he will get the sh_t kicked out of him.

If Justice is to be served that is….

Stephan Williams on August 11th, 2013
You must be a donut eating piece of shit too you fucking retard

Bryanna on August 11th, 2013
Unless he’s a psycho, which he is.

bb on August 11th, 2013
There is no excuse whatsoever for how this man treated this woman. It is morally and criminally reprehensible – he should be charged for assault, his badge taken away, end of story.

Tina on August 11th, 2013
Just a word to that so called sheriff you ever did that to my wife no matter what she said to you and there would not be a court system that could help you cause i would gut you like a fish

Troy on August 11th, 2013
Public Servants are Obliged under common law to answer questions. Any officer refusing to answer questions is breaking procedure and is in line for a dishonorable discharge.

Bless Her Soul

Phil Dor on August 11th, 2013
Could’ve saved herself alot of hassle by not speeding like an idiot, and then not cooperating either. What the guy did is terrible and he should get in supreme trouble even jail time, but sounds like she wasn’t helping the situation either.

Tom on August 11th, 2013

(edited: to remove long blank spaces and website advertisements)
0 x

justdoit

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby justdoit » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:43 pm

I know i will get heat for this.. BUT.. After saying this,“I advised him I would do so if he stopped hitting my car.” Did she think things would get better? Giving a Officer a ultimatum is not a good choice on anyones part when the officer is already in rage mode.

FROM WIKIPEDIA... An ultimatum (Latin: the last one) is a demand whose fulfillment is requested in a specified period of time and which is backed up by a threat to be followed through in case of noncompliance. An ultimatum is generally the final demand in a series of requests. As such, the time allotted is usually short, and the request is understood not to be open to further negotiation. The threat which backs up the ultimatum can vary depending on the demand in question and on the other circumstances.[citation needed]....

No the officer had no right.. In fact very wrong to treat another person like this. I have no admiration for the "sheriffs" I have had my fair share of run in's with them over fire arms. I have always insisted they call a RCMP Officer. I am sick of dealing with these rent a cops.

I hope that lady gets her day in court and i hope that scum bag goes to jail for his treatment of a person. This is the reason of why we all should have a cam corder or a dash cam in our ride. IF you get pulled over turn on the camera and set it on your dash.

Keep in mind.. There are a lot of really good RCMP officers out there..
0 x

Screedcrete

Postby Screedcrete » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:07 pm

And also keep in mind they are fullfilling an agenda! Iv not met many cops I would consider good people. What I HAVE witnessed is off duty cops that are complete alcohol pigs due to their high stress environment. Very abbusive to the people in thier immediate surroundings INCLUDING their own families, and last but NOT least, the fact they are manipulated by their peers and commanders to follow along with the program eh?

So all I got to say is the pig spotted a woman alone in a car and used his power for his own personal pleasure while not only assaulting a good upstanding person in our society, but making things just a little more clearer to you and I.

The fact we have an Agenda here is the larger point that sould be noticed as its happening right before our very eyes and under our noses. These enforcement groups,.... cops, army, guard, and the like are NOT here for us in ANY way. What really pisses me off is the fact that they will uphold their duties and cross boundries the way that they do. They will not help us and in the end they will bail on their duties as well when things get bad.

I fully believe that the good souls that hold these positions in the armed forces, police, and all of the others that still sport a brain of their own are slowly leaving their posts as we speak. Surely they understand what is to come and Im sure his and her spouse come before upholding the law or you and I.

And as far as the ultimatum bullshit,.... the fact she knew he was out of line in the first place she opted to let him know her rights due to the fact he was already stepping over boundries both professionally and ethically. You tell me whom you think is in the wrong please?? I would have and will do the same thing. I will have my camera ready ALWAYS and Im also making a few more personal adjustments due to this post :)

Thanks very much for the updated info
0 x
Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:16 pm

I am deeply saddened to read this report, and I truly hope that the women is able to continue down the path to be recovery and to getting this person fired and ideally in jail himself.

I have to admit that I did think from the way it was written that there was a very bad abuse of power and that a cop on the edge, saw a chance and stepped right off the ledge and went down the rabbit hole as they say.

As a women, right or wrongly, I can't help but feel that perhaps she made a valid point, alone, minority, accent and cheap car, did he think he could get away with "his version" of the story more because of these factors.. I would expect that he did.. or maybe I am wrong and he is so far gone at that moment that he didn't care..

I do believe that there are guys in the system who work hard and do their best to be fair, but I am also aware that every single officer is a human first, and that means that they carry all their own personal baggage and cultural imprinting each time they step out the door, some are better at not letting it influence them, then others.
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Maple Leaf Pilgrim
Canada

Postby Maple Leaf Pilgrim » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:51 am

Post withdrawn due to ongoing OPSEC & PERSEC.

-S.
0 x
"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:52 am

"We have the warriors that are standing now, willing to go far. We are not here to make requests, We are here to demand attention,"

You lost my support in the first sentence. What happened to her was horrible if true and I hope justice is served....but play the race card....forget it, not interested.
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:53 pm

That is one side of the story. Maybe instead of hitting the social medias, a call to CTV or the Edmonton Journal, offering the perspective of the Sheriff or ASIRT or the police commission, would receive more respect and credibility.

I'm not saying this Dr didn't have a bad day, but there's usually two sides to every story. While she thought she had to scream and fight for her life, the officer likely saw this as someone resisting arrest and therefore, a certain measure of force was appropriate. For starter, had she not been doing 130 in a 100 zone, this would never had happened.

Sorry but I'm not going to jump on board with the social bashing of a police officer prior to hearing the other side of the story. Finally, I echo thecrowsown's statement above, that is a little strong for statement lgsbrook.
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:10 pm

I did in fact step off the board and googled this story, and read and saw the pictures from the more typical news.. Does reading it under the Global news or the sun or the ? make a difference, the source above did provide the same information, other then that a number of the other sources included pictures.

I get your point that it is one side of the story and I am sure that the rest will come out, but this women did clearly get hurt and no one seems to dispute that it was the officer who did this, it will come down to what a judge or a judge and jury decide on if it was justifiable or not.. She has made it clear that she will be taking it to court, time will give the answer at least in a legal way.

I am not willing to paint the whole RCMP but I am more then willing to believe that its possible that one member stepped over that line.

http://globalnews.ca/news/772573/camros ... =community
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

martha

Postby martha » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:54 pm

I didn't read the whole story, but I have some similar reservations like justdoit. She shouldn't have given him an ultimatum. I'd like to know what tone and attitude she used with him. NO His behavior is NOT EXCUSABLE, nevertheless she may have contributed to provoking a rageaholic by having a haughty attitude. And since I'm gonna get clobbered for this already- A haughty attitude is to a rageaholic what a sexy outfit it to a rapist. The outcome is not justified, nevertheless there is provocation. PLEASE NOTE, I'M NOT CLAIMING TO KNOW WHAT TONE SHE USED TO ADDRESS HIM, I'm just saying that she MIGHT have contributed by her actions, we've all met people like that.
0 x

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Martha,

I"m sorry...I just gotta make a couple points....1)Someones tone or voice doesn't give another a justified reason to physically hit them. Period. He should not be a police officer IF he is that tempermental. If she was rude with the cop...like we all know they can become very difficult too...hold you up longer on the side of the road, etc....if she was resisting arrest after escalating the matter physically, then the cop uses reasonable force to subdue her...if she did nothing wrong...the cop is in for a world of problems...the fact is we don't know. We are all in the peanut gallery like so many other headlines just getting the brief notes on it. We will see what happens when all the facts are laid out in front of a judge.

What compels me to also respond is your statement also is that a sexy outfit to a rapist is the same as provoking a rageaholic. Thats bs. I'm not arguing justification.....I'm stating that rape isn't sexual, its about power. This is basic first year psychology. A sexy outfit is not provokation.... To you or me, who have a healthy mindset and sexual being we see someone in a sexy outfit as attractive and may make the mistake that a rapist thinks the same way...to a rapist...someone imbalanced...what they are wearing is moot. Lets not mistaken this either with the catcalls and otherwise old way of hooting at ladies. I dont' necessarily disagree with your mindset on the matter...just want to make a clear distinction on some of the points. And I don't think anyone is gonna clobber you on your post.... :)
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Return to “Alberta”