• Advertisement

police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose!!!

martha
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:28 am

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby martha » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Corwnsown

I'm not the least surprised that you took exception to what I said on either point. Nevertheless my opinion remains unchanged and I would like to point out to you a few things-

[uI made it clear that the abusive behavior is not justified.[/u] Go back and read my post if you think otherwise.

You're right that someone with a hair trigger anger reflex should not be in law enforcement. Neither should they have kids, own pets, or even drive a taxi for that matter. Ever been in a car with a raging cab driver - it's a hair raising experience!

I stand by my comments Fully regarding provocative clothing with no apologies whatsoever. Period.

Psychology is not an exact science, nor are all psychologists in agreement. Sure, rape has a power component, but it's fairly obvious it's got a sexual one too. Would it not be true that young lady walking home late in a seedy area would be much safer in modest clothing than dressed like a prostitute? Sure, she could get attacked in any clothing, but doesn't sexy clothing add an additional risk? That's called "asking for trouble". What would you want your female family members wearing on excursions when tshtf? Would you advise stockpiling micro-short shorts and bikini tops so that they can be maximally comfortable when there's no air conditioning, or would you want them covered more modestly? There's no point to argue about this, it's common sense, you can stack up all the Psychology 101 textbooks you want, but it won't obliterate common sense.
0 x

User avatar
Denob
Site Admin
Posts: 2574
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:35 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada
x 10
x 19
Contact:
Canada

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby Denob » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Not sure where this is going, but I certainly hope we can keep on topic.
0 x

snowandrain
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:55 am
Location: Calgary

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby snowandrain » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:34 am

Prepper related how?
0 x
It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.....

User avatar
Antsy
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:44 pm
x 6
Netherlands

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby Antsy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:18 am

WROL??? Perhaps the opposite - extreme rule of law?
0 x
Needs must when the devil drives.

User avatar
Buggie
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby Buggie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:14 am

What did I just read :(



Please don't let this thread turn into a Facebook argument. Nobody here knows what really happened in this incident, but I can tell you that statements like "all pigs are scum and blah blah" are just ignorant. The good news is that this event will have some light shed on it when they review the recording made by the vest microphone that every policing and peace officer unit in Alberta must wear. I have a sneaking suspicion that the story it tells will be a bit different then the one recounted above.

And also, as far as a tone of voice not being a trigger for violent force of action... It most certainly is. If a police officer issues commands to someone and they respond with angered tones and threats, and them very quickly reach under their seat to retrieve a cell phone, that could very easily be interpreted by a police officer as a threat. They are not trained to wait until the person finishes their sudden movement to see what they bring out from under the seat. That's how you get shot
0 x
See you all after.

User avatar
BelowTheRadar
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Alberta

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby BelowTheRadar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:32 pm

While there are lot's of good cops some 'less than prime' candidates made it trough the psych testing. Let's get real here, a lot of cops are on an authority trip as are lots of MD's. I think (and these are my thoughts only) that the traffic stop tuned into a 'who's got bugger balls' (ego war if you will) contest.

I have been pulled over at 30K+ above the posted limit on an open highway with little traffic and perfect driving conditions. I remained calm and took the ticket I deserved but before I was finished, the cop apologized to me for giving me the ticket. I'd be willing to bet that cop issued warnings to the 15 to 30K speeding crowd for the rest of the day.

Think about it, if someone crosses your path then announces how important (MD on the way to work in this case) they are and how insignificant you are, (low life 'PIG' doing his job in this case) wouldn't that get the hair on the back of your neck standing up? I am no fan of bad cops, in fact I'd like to see a law passed that would automatically double a cops fine and/or jail sentence if convicted compared to a normal civilian penalty, served in general population. I also don't like those who get into a cops face while he is simply doing his job. Don't RCMP have dash cam's and mikes by now? If so it would clear up this incident in a heartbeat.

If dash cam's are not in use, perhaps it's long overdue. If dash cam evidence is 'not available or lost', civilian testimony ought to be taken as fact.

As it stands this is a 'he said, she said' incident and I don't like it in the least.

Just my thoughts,
BTR
0 x
Than= I’d rather be rich than poor.
Then= I first became hungry then I ate.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:27 pm
Location: SW Ontario, ON
x 89
x 18
Canada

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby thecrownsown » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:38 pm

BelowTheRadar wrote:While there are lot's of good cops some 'less than prime' candidates made it trough the psych testing. Let's get real here, a lot of cops are on an authority trip as are lots of MD's. I think (and these are my thoughts only) that the traffic stop tuned into a 'who's got bugger balls' (ego war if you will) contest.

I have been pulled over at 30K+ above the posted limit on an open highway with little traffic and perfect driving conditions. I remained calm and took the ticket I deserved but before I was finished, the cop apologized to me for giving me the ticket. I'd be willing to bet that cop issued warnings to the 15 to 30K speeding crowd for the rest of the day.

Think about it, if someone crosses your path then announces how important (MD on the way to work in this case) they are and how insignificant you are, (low life 'PIG' doing his job in this case) wouldn't that get the hair on the back of your neck standing up? I am no fan of bad cops, in fact I'd like to see a law passed that would automatically double a cops fine and/or jail sentence if convicted compared to a normal civilian penalty, served in general population. I also don't like those who get into a cops face while he is simply doing his job. Don't RCMP have dash cam's and mikes by now? If so it would clear up this incident in a heartbeat.

If dash cam's are not in use, perhaps it's long overdue. If dash cam evidence is 'not available or lost', civilian testimony ought to be taken as fact.

As it stands this is a 'he said, she said' incident and I don't like it in the least.

Just my thoughts,
BTR


Its all opinion and guessing at this point, and I hear ya guy because I've been in the same situation..and agree..cooler heads prevail...I also understand that in most jurisdictions if convicted cops do facer stiffer penalties because they are put in such a position of trust and authority.

I think she's a dentist though..not an M.D.
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Loki76
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:55 am
Location: Alberta

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby Loki76 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:33 am

Well either way as the Alberta Sheriff Highway patrols vehicles have dash cams that automatically record video and sound once the vehicles emergency equipment is activated, we'll just have to wait until the there's some reliable neutral third party evidence when that's released to tell the story, as were relying on one sided partisan evidence here. If the video shows that's what happened, then the Sheriff will be looking at aggravated assault charges, now please enough with the cop bashing, its not that easy of a job and their not all savages. Now back to discussing happy things like EMPs and gasoline shortages.
0 x

User avatar
BelowTheRadar
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Alberta

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby BelowTheRadar » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:06 am

Loki76 wrote:Well either way as the Alberta Sheriff Highway patrols vehicles have dash cams that automatically record video and sound once the vehicles emergency equipment is activated, we'll just have to wait until the there's some reliable neutral third party evidence when that's released to tell the story, as were relying on one sided partisan evidence here. If the video shows that's what happened, then the Sheriff will be looking at aggravated assault charges, now please enough with the cop bashing, its not that easy of a job and their not all savages. Now back to discussing happy things like EMPs and gasoline shortages.


I'm not cop bashing. I believe I have an 'even' measured approach. If the story is real (during peacful times) then I really don't want this cop enforcing the law during SHTF. If (and only "IF") the story is true I can't imagine how law would be laid down by that cop during a crisis. Three words, 'ditch, bullet and brain' come to mind.

So, I ran out of gas during an EMP and I'm 'happy, happy, happy'. I hope that makes your reading more pleasurable.
0 x
Than= I’d rather be rich than poor.
Then= I first became hungry then I ate.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.

Loki76
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:55 am
Location: Alberta

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby Loki76 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:42 am

BelowTheRadar wrote:
Loki76 wrote:Well either way as the Alberta Sheriff Highway patrols vehicles have dash cams that automatically record video and sound once the vehicles emergency equipment is activated, we'll just have to wait until the there's some reliable neutral third party evidence when that's released to tell the story, as were relying on one sided partisan evidence here. If the video shows that's what happened, then the Sheriff will be looking at aggravated assault charges, now please enough with the cop bashing, its not that easy of a job and their not all savages. Now back to discussing happy things like EMPs and gasoline shortages.


I'm not cop bashing. I believe I have an 'even' measured approach. If the story is real (during peacful times) then I really don't want this cop enforcing the law during SHTF. If (and only "IF") the story is true I can't imagine how law would be laid down by that cop during a crisis. Three words, 'ditch, bullet and brain' come to mind.

So, I ran out of gas during an EMP and I'm 'happy, happy, happy'. I hope that makes your reading more pleasurable.


Haha, better.

I wasn't referring to just your comments BTR, it were many of the statements made around the beginning of this thread that I found to be cop bashing. However, I do agree if this is how it ran down then I wouldn't want that Sheriff out there any more than you, but as this will be investigated, we will have to wait so both sides of the story and the video are released to make a fair judgement on who did what or why it was done.

JustDoIt, out of curiosity when do you have encounters with Sheriffs over your firearms, I was under the impression that they have no real function that would bring them into that enforcement capacity. Are you talking about the Alberta Sheriffs under the Solicitor General and Justice ministry or the Civil Sheriffs (bailiffs)? Or am I way out to lunch and misinformed (also highly likely lol)
0 x


Return to “Alberta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest