• Advertisement

police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose!!!

justdoit

Re: police brutality in Alberta to a female Dr. from Camrose

Postby justdoit » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Loki76 wrote:
JustDoIt, out of curiosity when do you have encounters with Sheriffs over your firearms, I was under the impression that they have no real function that would bring them into that enforcement capacity. Are you talking about the Alberta Sheriffs under the Solicitor General and Justice ministry or the Civil Sheriffs (bailiffs)? Or am I way out to lunch and misinformed (also highly likely lol)

It's the boys that give you tickets that have been arses ( i don't speed). Never had a Bailiff in my life. From what i understand they show up mostly to evict you and or lay down certain laws. Not highway enforcement.

As far as a officer of the law acting like that ( not saying he did) after a total SHTF.. he wouldn't live long i have a feeling. Lots of rednecks out there that wouldn't put up with it.
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:40 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... jured.html

Maybe this is an example as to why cops can be a little physical when they face confrontational subjects.

In short, if you broke the law and see red/blue lights in your rear view mirror, pull over, get your papers out, be polite and don't try any shenanigans!
0 x

BelowTheRadar

Postby BelowTheRadar » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:09 am

OK so if cops can act like ass hats to civilians because of a very odd suspect, does that mean we should treat all cops as ass hats because of the very odd rogue cop?

Just wondering.
0 x
Than= I’d rather be rich than poor.
Then= I first became hungry then I ate.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.

justdoit

Postby justdoit » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:27 am

helicopilot wrote:
In short, if you broke the law and see red/blue lights in your rear view mirror, pull over, get your papers out, be polite and don't try any shenanigans!

Ive been told by a RCMP buddy if your pulled over keep your hands up on the wheel.. do not look all over the place. After the rcmp down by Calgary getting shot down on the highway it makes em nervous. I don't blame em. You should always know where your paper work is. Please don't go digging in your ride for stuff if you get pulled over in the states..
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:46 am

If I may, I would like to use Afghanistan as an example to make a case. Just like every soldiers know someone that got blown up by an IED or suicide bomber (VOIED), I'm sure every cop knows a colleague that got beat up, shot at or got a knife pulled at some point. You then get vigilant. In theatre, the rules of engagement were duly followed by the professional soldiers, but violence would escalate rapidly when someone sped toward a convoy or didn't slow down approaching a Vehicle check point. To the same extent, an officer is likely always conscious that he/she may be "the next one." So when you pull someone over that is belligerent, not responding to your orders and becomes fidgety, digging for a (is it a gun, a knife?) phone in her purse or pocket, then this is how things escalate rapidly. Then get outside of the vehicle and get that person screaming, fighting and resisting and this is how a subject ends up in cuffs on the ground with a knee in the back. Somewhat lucky since mace and tasers hurt like SOBs (though admittedly, I only have experience with mace and CS gas...), more so than having your face ground in the pavement I would suppose.

Just to reiterate things... I'm not siding with the Sheriff constable, simply saying its premature to go cop-bashing with this case and that there are usually 2 sides to a story. And if everyone learned to respect the authorities - not necessarily agree with, but respect - I think we would hear about way fewer such incidents.
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:54 am

justdoit wrote:
helicopilot wrote:

Ive been told by a RCMP buddy if your pulled over keep your hands up on the wheel.. do not look all over the place. After the rcmp down by Calgary getting shot down on the highway it makes em nervous. I don't blame em. You should always know where your paper work is. Please don't go digging in your ride for stuff if you get pulled over in the states..

Actually my aunt, a Sergeant with a large city police force, once told me the same. I would also turn the ignition to off to prove I'm not going to run away and turn the dome light on (at night) so the officer can see in while approaching the car, that on top of rolling your window down. This is all basic stuff that show the officer that you're not going to be a douche and do stupid stuff, easing the tension of the initial contact. This doesn't mean you will get away without a ticket, but it sure increases the odds over telling "the pig that he should be getting a real job!" :shock:
0 x

prom

Postby prom » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:20 am

Did you guys see the pictures of her face? Do you really think that a police officer will need to do that to a woman in order to handcuff her? Kinda hard to believe to me. If he needed to do that he might be needing more training. Yes she made a mistake but I think a different officer would have handled the case better. How about de-escalating? It was a woman after all. I would really like to see the video/audio recording from the dash camera but just looking of her face ....
BTW , she's Caucasian so I don't see ho this is a race thing
Last edited by prom on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

lgsbrooks
Canada

Postby lgsbrooks » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:14 am

I also found the pictures to be horrifying...I can't help thinking that "something will go wrong...(and it will not be available as evidence)) with the audio and visual recordings that could share some light on this encounter...guess we will simply have to wait and see if more is shared with the public regarding this
0 x

Loki76

Postby Loki76 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:48 am

lgsbrooks wrote:guess we will simply have to wait and see if more is shared with the public regarding this

Honestly, I don't believe any of the audio or video will be released to the public (although, it would help answer people's questions) any time soon. This is due to the fact that the doctor is still facing charges, last I heard at least, that means that nothing could be released until after that has been dealt with. Even after that, the government has an abysmal record of releasing any footage due to operational concerns. The only way we'll know the outcome is to follow this very closely, as the footage will come out at trail, be it the Doctors or the Sheriffs.

I would like to preface the rest of my statement with this is all biased off possibilities and playing devils advocate. I do not present this as fact, nor should it be taken as such, as I am aware I will not make many friends with this.

Also, Prom, in regards to would a police officer ever need to do that to a woman. First I would like to say as bad as the photos look, from what I can see it really does look fairly superficial (cuts, scrapes and light bruising) I will however admit that these photos were more than likely taken fairly contemporaneously to the incident, therefore not much time for swelling to take place and only few pictures were provided. Due to the superficial injuries it would be likely that these type of injuries COULD be caused by the individual struggling or resisting attempts by the police officer to restrain them against the ground or vehicle with little to no force being applied by the officer. Second IF the female became aggressive once out of the vehicle and tried to kick, punch, bite, spit or any other use of illegal physical force, (especially with spitting and bitting, you never know what illnesses people could have) then a higher level of force COULD be justified, to prevent any permanent diseases or injuries to yourself.

Also I have been told that the photos of her would be admissible in court, so if the Sheriff is charged the prosecution would be able to rely on that.

Again I am NOT saying that's how any of it went down, this is just merely my thoughts on how things could have happened to lead to the results as they have. Moreover, this was just a way to play devils advocate to some of the questions raised here.

Finally, please don't hate me hahaha
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Maybe it's time to lighten this up a bit.
Next time you get pulled over for speeding, try this exchange with the officer...

Woman: Is there a problem, Officer?
Officer: Ma’am, you were speeding.
Woman: Oh, I see.
Officer: Can I see your license please?
Woman: I’d give it to you but I don’t have one.
Officer: Don’t have one?
Woman: Lost it 4 times for drunk driving.
Officer: I see…Can I see your vehicle registration papers please.
Woman: I can’t do that.
Officer: Why not?
Woman: I stole this car.
Officer: Stole it?
Woman: Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner.
Officer: You what?
Woman: His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you want to see.

The Officer looks at the woman, slowly backs away to his car, and calls for back up. Within minutes 5 police cars circle the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.

Officer 2: Ma’am, could you step out of your vehicle please!

The woman steps out of her vehicle.

Woman: Is there a problem sir?
Officer 2: One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner.
Woman: Murdered the owner?
Officer 2: Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car, please.

The woman opens the trunk, revealing nothing but an empty trunk.

Officer 2: Is this your car, ma’am?
Woman: Yes, here are the registration papers.

The first officer is stunned.

Officer 2: One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving license.

The woman digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse and hands it to the officer. The officer snaps open the clutch purse and examines the license. He looks quite puzzled.

Officer 2: Thank you ma’am, one of my officers told me you didn’t have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked up the owner.

Woman: Betcha the lying bastard told you I was speeding too.
0 x

Return to “Alberta”