• Advertisement

Edmonton prepper group

TechCowgirl

Re: Edmonton prepper group

Postby TechCowgirl » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:58 am

Nah, not going to that meeting! We do have our evenings free in the city before we commute home, so can meetup for coffee whenever is convenient for people. Or if people are West of the city, so are we so we could meet out that way too.
0 x
---TechCowgirl
Owner at TechCowboys Farm 2.0
Edmonton area, AB

rorschach
Canada

Postby rorschach » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:04 am

Perfect. We had some success in the past with meeting at a coffee shop / Tim Horton's (although more upscale venues like Starbucks would also work, depending upon people's budgets and caffeination philosophies).

It was awkward when people seemed to just want to meet in the parking lot outside. Especially as it grew a bit darker. And considering some people were wearing camo for some reason (well, maybe they dress like that all the time, which is cool for them, I guess).

Anyway, I know Canada Boy and myself at least would reliably show up somewhere to meet and chat with like-minded individuals. If you pick out a coffee shop or McDonald's or something that is convenient for you, you could then PM me or Canada Boy and we could pick a mutually convenient evening and time.

Hope to hear from you (all) soon.

Have a great weekend!
0 x
- Rorschach -

Zana
Canada

Postby Zana » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:39 am

I'm interested in another meetup. Not keen on a lot of outdoor stuff at my age-and plan to bug-in. But I am interested in learning more about warning systems and security that doesn't require electricity.

I'm not interested in expensive essential oils. Although I did buy a ball of soap and shampoo.Each said to be good for many months. Tea tree oil is good to mix (a couple of drops) with your shampoo so that hair lice don't want to move in.
0 x

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:41 am

Great to see people keeping the fires burning up North!
0 x

Leighzilla

Postby Leighzilla » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:35 am

Hey rorschach,
Im interested in talking about your group. Is there still room, Do you need someone with EMS training & experience, a hunter, a family oriented man, novice lvl prepper/camper..... what are you guys about? I just joined this post group.... PM me if that's more appropriate.
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:12 pm

Just a quick note, You need to post a min of three times before PM's is allowed. so as this is your first post, they will not be able to PM you.. wanted to let you know so that you did not feel that they didn't respond to you :)
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

canadaboy

Postby canadaboy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi All,

I am still around if people want to chat/meet!
0 x

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:34 am

Bumping this thread as I'm going to be in Nisku most of next week.

Can meet for coffee if anyone is interested...

I usually only check into the forums once a week or twice a month but I'll check between now and the weekend. I'll be driving up on Sunday afternoon.

Cheers!
0 x

QEverything

Postby QEverything » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:56 am

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site. I have been reading through all of the great info here. Such a great resource. I was wondering if there is a prepper group in the Red Deer area. I am hoping to meet up with some like-minded people to discuss and share thoughts/ideas. Does the Edmonton group meet regularly? I would be willing to drive that way if that was my only option. As well, I am interested in finding out if there are any people in the central Alberta area who have taken any survival courses and what their experiences were like. Any feed back would be great.
Thank you
0 x

AlbertaPatriot
Canada

Postby AlbertaPatriot » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Looking for other preppers to chat with in Cold Lake and Bonnyville region.Extremely vigilant right now as multiple factors happening for STHF. Our family looking to connect with like minded people.
0 x

Return to “Alberta”