Re: Interest in Calgary Region Meetup?

Postby Dangphool » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:40 am

will do
0 x

ScottyRE
Canada

Postby ScottyRE » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:04 am

It's time I figure. Let's run into one another. Bowling night? Public location like South center mall food fair by the big windows? Other idea's. Let's hash this out and get to moving. Strength comes from unity and as of today... I'm not feeling a very unified group here in Calgary compared to how it once was some time ago. Trust is a big issue for preppers and I get that. I'm willing to put it out there but I'm looking for others like me who are willing to trust as well. That trust takes time and its earned, I get it. We have start somewhere and thats through meetups and chatting amongst one another. You can get a decent feel for people over time by doing this.

Okay... let 'er rip. Suggestions?
0 x
No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each day thankful because someone somewhere else right now is fighting for theirs

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:56 pm

Where were you this summer ScottyRe?
We had over 50 people show up and Briden did a great job of demonstrations.

We can bump this thread or look into starting a new one for a December holidays coffee meetup?
whichever
0 x

ScottyRE
Canada

Postby ScottyRE » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:11 am

Probably camping, on vacation or coaching soccer. Most likely the latter as it takes up 4 to 5 days a week of my personal time.
0 x
No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each day thankful because someone somewhere else right now is fighting for theirs

sir laughs alot

Postby sir laughs alot » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:26 pm

You can count on the wife and i
0 x

Dakota
Canada

Postby Dakota » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:49 pm

I agree , people need to keep up little meet ups! If anyone is interested in having a coffee meet up in a small town Cremona (north west of calgary). There is a small family run restaurant that's great for informal meet and greet type meetups. We use to go there when my husband and I were part of search and rescue. It's a quiet place-in the middle of no where. Thinking 4, 5th or 12 or 19 th Feb??? Let me know what you guys think! I'm not stuck on this town for coffee meet up-so any other suggestions are good with me.
0 x

AlbertaPilot
Canada

Postby AlbertaPilot » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:19 am

Hi Guy/Gals

I am interested in joining a preppers group. I live in Calgary but I'm willing to get property outside Calgary. I'm a ham operator with every type of communication equipment imaginable. I'm also a pilot & engineer with hunting experience. I'm very aware of what's happening in Canada politically.

Please let me know where I can start.

Thank you
Dan
0 x
Pilot-Ham Operator-Engineer looking for an Alberta Group!

Dan
AlbertaPilot

sir laughs alot

Postby sir laughs alot » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:48 am

The wife and I are on board any time,Thank you
0 x

Dakota
Canada

Postby Dakota » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:38 pm

I did not get any interested in meeting up for coffee in January or February. Ill leave it at that and see everyone at the next Calgary meet up. Life in the country will start to get really busy again in a month or so, but hope to make the meet ups.
0 x

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:23 am

I've been away for a while, sorry that you didn't get any takers on Cremona.
We had a coffee with the few people who responded back in December and then the winter doldrums set in.

I have many threads to catch up on, including something by Scotty. Will see you in the new threads.
0 x

Return to “Alberta”