• Advertisement

Cast iron wood stove

peppercorn

Re: Cast iron wood stove

Postby peppercorn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:39 am

I would like to give you good advice but all I really know is for those who do themselves. I am empty, even though I would like to offer more....
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:18 pm

I went back to the Black Diamond/ Turner Valley Rona website and they don't have the beautiful stoves that I looked at last time. They do indicate that they carry Drolet brand stoves and it appears that they are carried by quite a few outlets across AB. They have some nice products that the wife will approve of;
https://www.drolet.ca/en/products/cook- ... ook-stove/
0 x

Dakota
Canada

Postby Dakota » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:06 am

We had a friend who worked at DutchWest stoves a few years back and got a awesome deal. It's is a amazing stove-I'll include a photo. It has a front and a side loader which is not necessary but nice! It is extremely efficient (2400 sq ft). We use it regularly to heat the house. We made the rock backing and used black slate tile that was left over from another project. We love it....that said-we have friends that bought a wood cook stove for the obvious duel usage. They bought theirs at Home Hardware and had it installed by a licensed guy to maintain home insurance. They use for heat and cooking.
Most important-Make sure home insurance is still in place.
I'm having trouble adding any photos so give me a few days.
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:04 am

Just by dumb luck I unexpectedly have to head up to the big city and go to my favorite wood stove store in Edmonton Friday, I am going for propane related products though(they sell both). If your free PM me.
I thought I would add that for what you want..just as a short term back up...occasional use type of thing...whatever pleases the wife will be best, and frankly likely will work fine for that purpose.I googled that Dutchwest stoves and looked at their models and specs...Nice, and I would say they are for serious users. Many models are catalitic with thermostat control, good efficiency even in their non cat, non temperature controlled models as well...and they take good long pieces of wood, if that's the home you are staying in, that and some other models would be a top contender.
Wallet capacity determines much.
I will say if you are staying in that home and plan at some point to heat with wood that model or types like it would be the way to go, and you most likely can heat your house with just a basement stove, Much is determined by house layout of course but I think I am now on my third year just using a basement woodstove and even at -36 last night the upstairs was comfortable, long sleeve comfortable that is but still comfortable...at -40 I think I might light the upstairs stove as well.
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:21 am

Correction...Flannel long sleeve comfortable at -36 upstars.
0 x

Return to “Alberta”