• Advertisement

Re-establishing bug out zones

Dakota
Canada

Re: Re-establishing bug out zones

Postby Dakota » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:04 pm

I didn't want the conversation to die on the second page. I simply added the perspective of the land owner. I'm sure there may be landowners that may be interested in being part of a bug out zone list-those that don't have a group going that need the numbers.
0 x

term0shad
Canada

Re: Re-establishing bug out zones

Postby term0shad » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:47 am

It would be a good idea. For bug out zone. But with that said there are some flaws to it . Main one is trust and knowing the person. On top of that security issues. Second is set up takes allot to get stuff going in time and money. Plus the upkeep. Think of this as a pre setup bug location. Takes about a acre garden just to feed 1 person for a yr. Plus if you personally don't have gear there and supplies. Depending on time of yr you might die. Also you can't have a bug out bag with you 24/7 or be able to get to it. Yes we all try to be ready with at home and stuff in vehicle and some have them at work. But the vehicle is basic and work one to. So realy if you are planning to head for a bug out spot. In a group or alone. You need everything there to survive. If in a group then you need at least 1 person living on the land for at least security for all the supplies there. But better if a few lived on it and maintain a garden and stock pile wood and so on. Also still shake my head at 30 to 50 lbs backpacks. Plus people thinking they will have time to drive to there location. Sorry to say plan for the worst and hope for the best. I personaly plan for worst. Like having to walk to my location in the past. I do have stashes in spots so friends and family will head to asap. Where i would head to pick them up. But away from city in the middle of no where. Plus its back up if i get stuck in city and can't drive out.
0 x

Zana
Canada

Postby Zana » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:42 am

In my case I'd be more inclined to train the family members holed up with me to do all the nessesary jobs to feed and protect our "hive". Even family can be disloyal,but in a time of trouble I'd have to have history with someone to feel safe. "Family" to me includes blood and long time friends. And a couple of good dogs lol
0 x

Return to “Alberta”