• Advertisement

Bug out bushcrafting

ScottyRE
Canada

Bug out bushcrafting

Postby ScottyRE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:56 pm

I'm not a die hard proponent of the bug out scenario as i believe defending the home as long as possible is the best first choice but at some point, situations may dictate you head out. Knowing this, I have been slowly gathering up survival gear over the years in bits and pieces and my latest acquisition (in the mail) is a Polish Lavvu shelter system. Two polish army poncho's that button together to create a mini tee-pee basically. I have always loved the canvas tents from my youth (despite the weight), how they breathe, resist the elements well, durability, and so on. Mostly I want to be able to use this as a small hot tent for winter camping which I have yet to do.

All that said... anyone up for the odd trip out to Waiparous (camping for free) to meet and greet, forge some friendships, and practice some basic bush-crafting? Lets start with a show of hands and then I will make an effort to find dates to share with those of you interested in this.

Cheers

Scotty
0 x
No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each day thankful because someone somewhere else right now is fighting for theirs

Limitkiller
Canada

Re: Bug out bushcrafting

Postby Limitkiller » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:29 am

I go camping a few times each winter out that way and I don't really know too many people into bushcrafting so I'd be down for it. I'm just getting into prepping (convincing my wife it's a good idea) but spend a fair amount of time messing around, I mean bushcrafting, in the forest.
0 x

ScottyRE
Canada

Postby ScottyRE » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:49 am

Because I camp in my Jeep and figure the off road vehicle would play a prominent part in bugging out if ever needed... setting up your ride to do this is a great idea. I came across this fella's video and he has some really great idea's on what you should have in your rig. Check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWNeANo55U
0 x
No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each day thankful because someone somewhere else right now is fighting for theirs

ScottyRE
Canada

Postby ScottyRE » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:17 pm

Limitkiller wrote:I go camping a few times each winter out that way and I don't really know too many people into bushcrafting so I'd be down for it. I'm just getting into prepping (convincing my wife it's a good idea) but spend a fair amount of time messing around, I mean bushcrafting, in the forest.

That's great! Next time I go up I will try to remember to post here. I'm open to anyone who wants to join up with me when I'm out there.
0 x

Beaverbuzz
Canada

Postby Beaverbuzz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:09 am

I'd be glad to meet others. I with a couple axes and chisels, I can turn a bunch of trees into a sod tent/lean-to, or make a house and all the furniture you need!
0 x

ScottyRE
Canada

Postby ScottyRE » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Beaverbuzz wrote:I'd be glad to meet others. I with a couple axes and chisels, I can turn a bunch of trees into a sod tent/lean-to, or make a house and all the furniture you need!

Geez... must be figuring on staying up there awhile? We can come visit you often. lol. Maybe by the end of the summer the house would be done. ;)
0 x

Return to “Alberta”