• Advertisement

technical issues

rorschach
Canada

technical issues

Postby rorschach » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Please move / repost as appropriate.

I just wanted to ask whether anybody else is having difficulties with the "PM" function? My messages get stuck in the Outbox (instead of going to the Sent box), and then I can never tell if they are being sent to the intended parties or not.

Kinda unnecessarily exacerbates the crappy logistics of trying to meet-up with like-minded peoples.

Mods / administrators, am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue?

Thanks for your consideration...
0 x
- Rorschach -

peppercorn

Re: technical issues

Postby peppercorn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:26 pm

That's normal...view it as two part system, you have done the first part,your part, composed the message and hit send. Now your message is sitting in your "outbox" but the recipient now has to do their part, and log in. if they don't log in the message stays in your outbox, or such has been my observation.

patience, grasshopper, patience.

Though some people under board preferences have turned off the PM function, that could also be the case.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

rorschach
Canada

Re: technical issues

Postby rorschach » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:23 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Peppercorn. I have not seen a message system that works like that before. I guess you are saying it is almost like a "read receipt" function then?

I sent a message to Galootius on 19 Mar 16 (yes, 2016), one to Black Badge on 23 Jun 17, and then one today to Dakota on 25 Jun 17. Dakota appears to be an active forum member, so if the situation is unchanged in a week or two, then maybe there is another issue at play.

Thanks again...
0 x
- Rorschach -

Return to “Alberta”