• Advertisement

Bug out property?!

Zana
Canada

Bug out property?!

Postby Zana » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:24 am

I saw an ad for a property that might be good for Preppers. It's near Onoway, on 29 acres with 3 small rustic cabins. Might be something a few families could share. If you go to Arlie Jespersen's website and put in the ML#
There is a slide show of the property. There is a pond that maybe could be stocked with trout?
I tried to attach the clipping but am tech challenged so here is the ML# 4043004. The rural addy is
56219 RR 13, Onoway. There is a gate that looks locked but you could probably walk in since it's for sale or call Arlie at 780-916-2333. He seems to have a lot of listings in that area but I have no idea where he is out of.
0 x

Badboar61
Canada

Re: Bug out property?!

Postby Badboar61 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:37 am

I like the idea of having some where to bug out to, but like most people now a days, have little money, but have the tools, supplies and useful knowledge to help create a community, but if enough people can/will come together and buy some land together, no one person can dictate to everyone else what can or can't be done to or for the community, even if nothing ever happens, the land is still one of the best investments you can have, plus still gives you some where to go, to get out of the city. I've always said that if I could win a lottery, I would buy the land and offer this those that believe in the need for something else, away from the city, for peace and quiet, relaxation, retirement, or for safety, just in case, so for now, if we can get a big enough group together, we could but that land your looking at, it sounds great, keep your fingers crossed, and your eyes open.
0 x

Zana
Canada

Postby Zana » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:34 am

I have my property already, but this looked like a fit for some people. They rent out the property. That might be a good way to help with the mortgage and you could have a couple of seacans of supplies behind the trees and the weekends it wasn't booked you could enjoy it
0 x

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:19 am

In a perfect world, a person could find reasonably priced land and then "rent" lots out to trusted friends. It would be a place that people could enjoy on the weekends or during hunting season, and if the shit never hit the fan, you would go on enjoying it. A Co-Operative ownership would be another idea; create a Not-for-Profit society with a board and directors and bylaws that make it impossible for newcomers to hijack the system prior to a shtf scenario.
0 x

term0shad
Canada

Postby term0shad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:40 am

Funny Dangphool. Fighting County just for that. At 250 a month per yr and 40 hrs a yr to help up grade place. Money from every one goes into upgrades for place. Plus once a go ahead. Mag is the way to go mutual assistance group or as you put it Co-operation as a none profit group and can never be sold. We keep upgrading its only a matter of time and we will get it. This winter 2 roads will be done at 20 ft. Pens will be built for animals. Green house will be built. Another well will be added. List goes on and on. But from what i get from most. Except a few i have met. All talk no action. Not to be rude. But if you think you can survive alone at a bug out spot i think you better try it for a few months. May was are first yr off grid totally. Not easy but have a few others that help now. But as a couple there way to much work to do in a day.
1 x

Badboar61
Canada

Postby Badboar61 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:57 pm

So it seems as though some people on here already have their property and their select group of friends and family, but is there still anyone else who might want to form their own group and purchase some land Together, not one person buy it and then have others pay rent, when as a group it could be purchased together cheaper, and then everyone in the group are co-owners, no One person telling everyone else what to do, even if nothing ever happens, it's still a good investment, good for recreation and even possibly retirement, some place to put a small home or trailer. This is just an idea, but good luck to you all and Prep on.
1 x

Return to “Alberta”