• Advertisement

Advice on location

Zana
Canada

Re: Advice on location

Postby Zana » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:03 am

I’m not sure what the prices are out there these days. The things you need to look for are rules for the county. Some counties have a moritorium on subdividing. And some have rules about what constitutes an “outbuilding”. In mine it has to be max 120 sq ft and 14 ft tall so not all regulations can be worked around and not all county regulators are pushovers. It’s best to find an area with rules you can work with. All of them that I’ve seen have a website that you can scan through. As long as you aren’t in a subdivision where they tell you where you can put your well, building etc.
When I was looking I put an ad in a paper. I know that was decades ago, but I would recommend is driving around and finding an area you are interested in and put an ad in the local paper or grocery store. Sometimes people have a piece of land they are sitting on and would sell if there is interest. Good luck!
0 x

term0shad
Canada

Re: Advice on location

Postby term0shad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:49 am

I have seen 2000 and up per acre. Depends on distant from major city and whats already on land for services.
0 x

Return to “Alberta”