• Advertisement

my thoughts on many different things

Turnip Volume
Canada

Re: my thoughts on many different things

Postby Turnip Volume » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:15 am

Well in my post Jonesy, of Upper Fraser Valley People here on the BC page I did post my location of Rosedale BC. What I meant by compromising my opsec is the fact that I have made some personal contacts with others only to find out they were from more than 100km away only to find out later that was the fact. One would then ask themselves why would that be? Why would someone travel more than that to have a personal meeting? As mentioned I do enjoy conversing about many ideas around the topic of preparing and maybe the fact of this extended travel was to try and retrieve more personal information which I would expect none to divulge under a first meeting. Then again it could have been to make contacts with someone in case of needing to travel at an SHTF time which again I would be fine with as I have those myself. Getting close and personal would happen after numerous meetings and sharing likes and differences of course. My intention is to develop a more well rounded base here in my own geographical region for team building and potential allies. Every different geographical region has its own pitfalls so I find this more beneficial for myself and my time constraints with all my duties at present. Group building is not easy but I think that targeting certain aspects would be a priority in any well rounded group.
0 x

jonesy

Postby jonesy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:43 am

A fair and reasonable approach for sure.

My thoughts were, that aside from certain threads you mention the locale - if someone say, likes a post you made about something, they could look at your profile, and see if they are close . Might lend itself to a spontaneous meet up, is all.

Take care,

J
0 x
One is none, two is one.

term0shad
Canada

Postby term0shad » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:04 am

Make sure you look at building codes. Do to once over a size then you need permits. If i recall right. My area is 360 sqft. After that its classified for permits for everything. You know the government likes to charge you for every little thing. Lol even after you die
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:50 am

term0shad wrote:Make sure you look at building codes. Do to once over a size then you need permits. If i recall right. My area is 360 sqft. After that its classified for permits for everything. You know the government likes to charge you for every little thing. Lol even after you die

Well a shipping container is under that size, and a lot can be done with one.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Odin Gray
Canada

Postby Odin Gray » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:54 am

jonesy wrote:Well I am always up for a meet and greet.

Murphy, if you want more interaction, narrow it down from "somewhere, BC".

E.g. , Island, lower mainland, okanagan, etc.

I'm here, near nanaimo; if anyone wants to chat.

Lol, I do believe gmurphy lives in my (rural) neighborhood and drives by my house whenever he goes to town.
Small world!

I admit: I am anti-social, an introvert. With a job that has me dealing with people all day, I just don't feel like "goin' for coffee" after work.

Maybe someday I'll have blowback on the semi-lone wolf prepping that I do; or maybe not.

I have a few people within my prepping "community" that I expect will get together post SHTF event. None of them think of themselves as " preppers" but each have skill sets that would be of immense value in a survival group. I am not a complete recluse.
1 x

jonesy

Postby jonesy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:52 pm

Who goes for coffee:)?

I usually start by thinking "range trip"! Hope it works out for you, brother!

J
0 x
One is none, two is one.

Return to “British Columbia”