• Advertisement

my thoughts on many different things

gmurphy

Re: my thoughts on many different things

Postby gmurphy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:20 am

ok folks we need to talk safety.... please see the following video for a few examples of tools to be safe....just in case!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS9b5Qg3ohk

:D :D ......had to have a laugh
0 x

gmurphy

Postby gmurphy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 am

Anywho..... sorry for the sidetrack folks, i admit that i couldn't help myself. I guess sometimes i get caught up in the serious side of things and once in while you gotta" let loose"... hope you all had a chuckle at the above video, i know i did.

Now about train tracks.... I've been wandering the internet for a while and haven't been able to find any good maps of the train tracks in bc or anywhere else in canada for that matter. Am i missing something here?? is the answer i seek right in front of me and im not typing in the right search info?? I agree that train tracks are a very good means of travel. I can think of many places in bc where the tracks run along a river, or go through a tunnel ( both of those can be very handy) should i ever need to, i wouldn't hesitate to use them.
0 x

Screedcrete

Postby Screedcrete » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 am

Looking on a regular map (paper) will show you the tracks. Besides you should have one on hand anyway for the trip! I like to keep to books, maps, and stuff like in the old days. Dont get me wrong I sit here alot LOL But still my homesteading books, fixit books,survival books are in the flesh Hehehe Gotta have it in the flesh! It will be awful handy to have it there to refer too when needed. Just cant remember everything.

Check out the map and the legend for the route you desire. Going to be a good bet too. Like aaron said bush to hide just 6 ft away. Game to hunt and level. Can make some good daily ground compared to bushwacking and walking trails on curves and different elevations. HOWEVER you can get back to the checkpoints and roadblocks which im sure will be right at the tracks. This will need to be addressed.
0 x
Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)

Syn

Postby Syn » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 pm

With aerial printouts, say from google earth of a few bug out options, you could always pinpoint and make notes about strategies ( I think in the heat of the moment in a crisis of that proportion that one is actually needing to be bugging out that opportunities might not be optimized ) , places that might offer resources that may be of help, any potential cache sites that you might actually prepare and have a more success. It is pretty amazing what you can see from aerial views and topographic information you can obtain off the internet.
0 x

gmurphy

Postby gmurphy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:46 am

Had an interesting talk with a coworker the other day. We were talking about the mindset of normal people in abnormal situations. I won't type out the entire conversation but i will put this to the masses. How far are you prepared to go to survive?? Do you have it in you to watch a person struggle, and walk away? Can you stomach watching someone die and simply leave them were they lie and carry on with your day? I know that these things may sound harsh but some of these situations may become a reality.
Not a fun topic, but even the not fun ones need to be looked at........
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:44 am

Are we talking about now, everyday life, or are we talking in a SHTF situation?
0 x

gmurphy

Postby gmurphy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:57 am

Im talking about SHTF type situations....
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:39 am

Ok then. Well today I know the answer. Regardless of the situation I would jump in. Been there done that. Not the smartest thing to do buy any means but that is just me. The changes of personal injury may be relatively high but serious injury and above much less because the rule of law is in place and all but the schizophrenic realise that there will be consequences. Come TSHTF the paradigm changes as there are no societal brakes to apply to any given situation. It would be totally dependent on the situation, numbers involved and chances of success vs. the implication of failure. In any confrontation there are winners and losers. In the basic form a 50% chance of success. Personally I would like the odds a little more in my favor.
0 x

gmurphy

Postby gmurphy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:39 am

Yes i agree, if it were today, then im in, for the same reasons you mentioned. I guess what im thinking about is the darker side of the human mind. The cold, cruel,ruthless place that a person may have to go to, to survive. I dunno, these are just some of my thoughts....
0 x

livingpower

Postby livingpower » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:41 am

If it happened today, yes I would help, and I would like to think that I always would, no matter the situation, but I am not naïve enough to truly believe that would necessarily be the case in SHTF. I have children to protect, my mother, and myself so that I can continue to protect and provide for them and I imagine that no matter how good a person I am, there would be situations in which I would walk away. I wouldn't like it, but... well... there it is :(
0 x

Return to “British Columbia”