• Advertisement

my thoughts on many different things

northernrite

Re: my thoughts on many different things

Postby northernrite » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:42 am

hello from northern B C

just read your thoughts on many different things, thanks esp for the tip re dryer lint
are there any preppers from prince george to prince rupert, am new to this site today
have been prepping for yrs but not in an organized way and want to improve
northernrite
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Welcome Northernite. I hope you enjoy the forum.
0 x

gmurphy

Postby gmurphy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi northernrite!!! Welcome, im glad you have enjoyed reading my thoughts. I admit that i just sort of started typing all this stuff one day and well....15 pages and 5000+ views later.i enjoy it though and im glad you found some of this stuff helpful. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts and ideas, the more the better.
0 x

gmurphy

Postby gmurphy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:33 am

heres another thought that has been rolling around in my head, gas jugs for a bug out vehicle!! not the cheap ones, was doing some looking around at a few local stores but didn't seem to find anything like what this guy has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IIAe59 ... LkDLxMN9tw

im not a huge racing fan but it would seem to me that these jugs are a good option. Question... does anyone know where a guy might find these in canada?? canadian tire didnt appear to have them. the nice folks at home depot gave me a look that suggested that i was from another planet.....
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:20 am

They really look worthwhile If you find out where you can pick them up let me know.
0 x

kenVii2

Postby kenVii2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:48 pm

gmurphy:

In the video he shows a tan military style, I carry 2 of those on my truck. The "too big of an opening" he said,is because he is missing the adapter. The proper screw on spout is available from DS tactical in New west they also sell online. I have bought from them a couple times. The reason they are so expensive in the USA(from what I have heard, as good as 2nd hand info can be Lol) is they are not emission certified and military use only. I bought a couple for 40$ each from a surplus place, the are available new from a few places, the last price i found was about $75 new.

The big can he showed for filling race cars. Try looking at Mopac auto. They are a racing and High performance accessory store in Langley. Just off 200st approx 86ave? they are behind the big 'golds gym' building between 84 and 88th ave. http://www.mopacautosupply.com/
0 x

gmurphy

Postby gmurphy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:05 pm

guess i'll will dust this ol' boy off. been away for a while..ok a long while. To be honest.. i lost faith, i see and read so many of you typing on here and yet it appears that not many are activley gathering. things happen, plans change..i get it. Folks i hope for everyones sake that you all are gathering, meeting new like minded people. I believe that a time will come when we are going to need each other, when we wont have a modern society per say. Man I hope im wrong, i hope it never happens. I read alot of posts about people worried about OPSEC..." maybe I'll just sit in the corner and watch" if we all just sit in the corner and watch then we could be potentially passing up valuable knowledge and information. These meet and greets are a great way to meet people, trust me i know. I have done it mutiple times, and i now have people in my life i would consider friends. sure we dont see each other everyday. sure they live in another town, but if they needed help and i could help them i sure as hell would. I meet those guys on this site.

This site has a ton of info, i get a new tidbit everytime i come here, but I admit that i shake my head everytime i see a thread about meeting up and then read that no one showed up..it's dishearting... together we are better, don't be afraid to go out and meet a complete stranger from this site, i did it...you can too.
0 x

tradesman

Postby tradesman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:48 am

So far
Last edited by tradesman on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Screedcrete

Postby Screedcrete » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:18 am

Just jumping in here because I very much agree with gmurphy and I have met a few. Well what constitutes many I do not know. But I have initiated it. I have a few solid contacts. Some near and some far like the man above says. I just met a new prep and he got me fired up. Why fired up? Same reason as the man above. It can be disheartening when your looking to take a step and others are not quite ready maybe?. When I got fired up you see I posted where are you all at? I was buzzing because there is a like minded soul. Is it the right like minded? Cant tell right and Im sure they say the same. Bottom line is of course you let go of nothing. I would assume thats the the safety play and you gotta. What came outa one of the visits is that someone met another certain someone and gave me an opinion. Seems as tho those opinions matched in a lot of ways. So ground was made there for both. Thing is, once you get out there you need to read between the lines. This is crucial IMO. Don't give up your plan. Just talk. Talk preps. Talk economy and more. Understand whom might align further because the morals are similar and sound.

What I have found is this and it works for me. Stuff like morals, etiquette, work history, family status, work ethic, compassion, realism, determination, specific skills, leadership ability, upbringing might be a big one. Personal and professional achievements, history of health, tons and tons of stuff to help you BOTH read between the lines. Don't sell your plan to anyone! Stick around and work with each other and have fun dang it,... cause this aint no bed of roses. I seen things in certain situations that had me guessing. I seen and heard things that had me laughing and just as quick running. Use your gut. BE who you are, and discover what lies before you. Don't read too much into it, but certainly learn from each other and move forward.

My .02
0 x
Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)

Ktjane

Postby Ktjane » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:57 pm

thanks for your thoughts gmurphy...just navigating around to get used to the site and the overload of info that is out there...ktjane
0 x
ktjane

Return to “British Columbia”