• Advertisement

Kamloops Preppers.

SGKelly

Kamloops Preppers.

Postby SGKelly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:35 am

I live in Valemount, but I come to Kamloops alot, and am thinking of relocating there. It would be great to meet up with some locals when I am in town to discuss all the things preppers need to discuss. If anyone would like to consider this, just drop me a line, i will be in Kamloops between Sept. 12- 20th. Hope to speak with some new people. Thanks, SGKelly.
0 x

Ihwaz

Re: Kamloops Preppers.

Postby Ihwaz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Sounds like a plan.
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:34 am

Evenin' Folks,

How come the fine folks around the 'Loops cannot get a meeting going?? This is surprising. With so many like-minded folks in the area, how come so little trust in each other??

Somebody step up to the plate and start a meeting. Just pick a date, weekends might be a good start, and then pick a location and see who shows up. Try MacAurthur Island Park, it is big and few would ever notice a half dozen vehicles parked in one of the many parking lots. Or maybe something at one of the parks in Valleyview would work better. Once one of you take the bull by the horns this thing will snowball and take legs of its own. It just needs someone to get it going.

I hope you folks get things rock'n'rolling, soon.

Cheers,

Mountainman.
0 x

SGKelly

Postby SGKelly » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Well, I live 4 hrs north of Kamloops in Valemount, so if anyone is near that area, I am excited to meet. Just contact me here.
0 x

ThreeCords

Postby ThreeCords » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 am

Hello all you beautiful people!
I tried posting on another post that....
I'm going for coffee at Timmy's on Columbia in Kamloops (beside SuperStore) on Friday November 30th at 20:00hrs (8pm civy time).
I am brand new to this but I love meeting new people and sharing ideas, so either I'll make a few more friends or I'll enjoy a large 2 cream 1 sugar alone!
If you come by I'll be the grampa wearing a green Saskatchewan Roughriders hat (White S on a green hat for the uninformed).
0 x
As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens his friend

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Sat May 25, 2013 4:34 am

Howdy All,

Any progress in the Kamloops area?? Has a network of like-minded folks begun??

I am interested to learn of any folks who would be inclined to make this happen. You can PM me and let's see we cannot get the ball rolling.

Kloshe Nanitch,

Mountainman.
0 x

enuff
Canada

Postby enuff » Sat May 25, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm not down in Kamloops that often but I would like to get to know other preppers there and Williams Lake. Being inbetween both I think it would be two good groups to be in touch with. Open for any date.
0 x

zakary

Postby zakary » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:44 pm

hello my name is zak and I am interested in getting off the grid I am under the impression that a more independent life stile is not only a more efficient way of living but is absolutely necessary to create a sustainable healthy happy life and that the way we live now is absolutely destroying society and the earth we live on and are apart of. the fact that the government is attacking pepper's shows me that this way of living threatens there grip on power and control over the people and they are desperately trying to hold on to a dying system. if we do not do this we will destroy are selves and everything else's on the planet. I am not interested in pushing my idea on others but am interested in getting a group together that will look in to things like alternative power, sustainable living, ect. my idea is trying to get a system together that runs on hydrogen gas to power a either a generator or something that will produces power so I can use it to run LED lights and create a self sustaining hydroponics system soo I can grow food all year round and also possibly run vehicles on hydrogen as well. I live in Kamloops and am totally interested in meeting up with people or just discussing any ideas about how to do the above. I am available to volunteer for any projects that people need help on if people can give me a work references I am currently employed soo my availability might be limited.
0 x

aaronbouge
Canada

Postby aaronbouge » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 pm

Hey Zack. Welcome. Im not in Kamloops, Im in Williams Lake. Recently moved up from the lower mainland to get my own homestead going. If you are ever up this way it would be good to meet you. Currently trying to get a large scale aquaponics system going so I too can grow food year round. Also planning to own chickens and goats by springtime. Anyways, jist wanted to welcome you. A wealth of info can be found on this forum if you chat with the right people.

Aaron
0 x

Joe_O
Canada

Postby Joe_O » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:13 am

I lived in Kamloops off and on from 2001 to 2008. Beautiful place out there. Where I am now, Thunder Bay Ontario, it seems difficult to get a group going here as well. Thunder Bay and Kamloops are both close to the same size...you'd think there would be plenty of people to get a good group together. Exact same thing here....hang in there and keeping making contacts.
0 x

Return to “British Columbia”