• Advertisement

Buggin as a group

Screedcrete

Buggin as a group

Postby Screedcrete » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:05 am

DELETED
Last edited by Screedcrete on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)

Preppersaurus
Canada

Re: Buggin as a group

Postby Preppersaurus » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:46 pm

Nothing says "I'm not a victim" like travelling with an army of friends. I like it Screedcrete. Imagine the resources that could be brought to bear, on problems, with a large group.

Preppersaurus
0 x
You've Got To Be Tough, If You're Going To Be Stupid.

jefft78

Postby jefft78 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:44 am

Agreed, I'm in :)
0 x

Namelus

Postby Namelus » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 pm

it would also Allow for supply drop... if you had to walk from north vancouver langley is a long long way with a lot of potential disasters along the way. The question also becomes the composition of the group. You only move as fast as slowest member and that can consume more supplies, practice and logistics become a big part of that are you willing to put in the time as a group so when things go wrong you already work as a group and know what to expect?

I would be interested as to a least know like minded people and similar goals. The other thing that would be useful will be finding out BOL in relative proximity it is not good if everyone scatters after a few 100 km.

i live by UBC anyone near that locale?
0 x

Screedcrete

Postby Screedcrete » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:04 am

DELETED
Last edited by Screedcrete on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)

enuff
Canada

Postby enuff » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:09 pm

You'll have to watch out for those damn zombies along the way. :)

Living up in the bc wilderness the question I have to ask is where are you bugging to? I know I wouldn't be too thrilled to have a bunch of people arriving unannounced at my cabin. Knowing my neighbours I know they would feel the same way too. And we are all well armed. Sorry.

Maybe think about getting a group together and purchase some land where you can go to. Living a winter up here is not an easy task. Plus watch out for the Jim Jones type that would want to be the leader. Committee only.

But other than that I think it is a good idea.....safety in numbers especially if there are children.
0 x

dollyndrew
Canada

Postby dollyndrew » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:25 am

This is something I've scheduled for the North Vancouver Island to discuss today.

I know Dandypratt, Wookie and Drew and I have children - mine being the oldest of the Tribe. I wouldn't want to be trying to protect our two without help and I believe the other guys will be feeling the same way. Do I let my husband go out alone to scavenge / hunt or do we leave the kids alone and go together. Both scenarios make me sick to my stomach just thinking about them. Can you hunt / raid with kids in tow? Possibly ours - yes; The others - definitely not.
0 x

Phuqd

Postby Phuqd » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:22 am

When most people thin of bugging out, they often think of people from urban areas swarming into the mountains, woods, or other remote locations.
Having the superiority complex that because you live in a less populated area than others, you are less prone to be affected by disasters, is purely ignorance.
In BC in particular, how many thousands of people are evacuated each year due to forest fires, in sparsely populated areas.
Tornadoes are becoming ever more common all across Canada, with no predictability, and leaving devastation in their aftermath.
Being displaced from your home, with barely a moments notice, can happen to anyone.
One can only hope that in their moment of need, they will not be turned away at gunpoint.
0 x

enuff
Canada

Postby enuff » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Superiority complex...no, just an observation that alot of people are planning to bug out without knowing where they are going or what they are going to do when they get there. I have had to leave my cabin because of forest fire and I do have a plan of where I am going and what I am going to do when I get there. I also have helped people that had to evacuate their homes because of forest fire....Barrier fire.

As for meeting people with a gun...If tshtf and people where walking up to your cabin armed, what would you do? Unfortunately as society broke down this is a real possibility. I truly wish we would all be loving and kind and giving but it would not be the case.
0 x

Phuqd

Postby Phuqd » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Sorry you took that so personally, it was intended as more of a general statement, playing the other side of the bug out scenario.
If we could predict every scenario and outcome, we wouldn't have to be preppers, we could just move.
0 x

Return to “British Columbia”