• Advertisement

Buggin as a group

aaronbouge
Canada

Re: Buggin as a group

Postby aaronbouge » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Laurelian: I am reminded of many, many old stories of early pioneers in B.C., many of them, starving to death while surrounded by food. The natives called white people "The starving people", because they were always hungry even while surrounded by food. Simply because they didnt know it was food. When the SHTF many people will die for the same reason, starvation. While being literally surrounded by food. Because we look at many plants as being weeds, and nuisance plants, when they are in reality food. I realize things change in the winter, and plants become almost non-exsistant especially in the North. But my point is, what is "thriving"? In my opinion, screedcretes method of learning how to live off the land IS learning how to thrive. People like him and I will be eating while others are starving, therefore we WILL be thriving. What society does today right now isnt called thriving, in my opinion it's called being spoiled. We are practically handfed by the government and the grocery stores. We are spoiled little rotten children, and the only way to break away from that is to learn to survive. Surviving is thriving. My opinion.

As far as somewhere to go? Put a blindfold on me and spin me around 3 times. That is the direction I will go, because I KNOW there is food and shelter in ALL directions. Because learning that has been the basic and most important aspect of my personal prepping.

Aaron
0 x

aaronbouge
Canada

Postby aaronbouge » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Let me add to that a bit just so my meaning isn't misunderstood. I'm not saying you shouldn't be looking for a place to go. I'm saying that you need to be adaptable. What if for whatever reason you can't go to the place you wan't to go? Understanding that there is somewhere to go in all directions and being able to adapt to each circumstance that would dictate the direction you go is key. There are pro's/Cons no matter which way you go. Recognizing these beforehand is very important. I personally have more than one place to go. Circumstance will dictate the way I choose once the SHTF.
0 x

Screedcrete

Postby Screedcrete » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:11 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Screedcrete on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)

cosmicprep

Postby cosmicprep » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:01 am

Excellent post Screedcrete! One of the best I've seen in any forum, correct, thoughtful, succinct, truthful, and well said. Don't just ponder it, DO IT!
But as your analogy illustrates it, learning to run comes in stages. Being a broad spectrum of people and at different stages along the way, the members need to discuss each stage as they hopefully progress. Some of it will be redundant but necessary to them, even if it seems 'over and over'. However, I hope that all will take your advice and get out there and do things. Try stuff out, get a feel for things.
0 x

Screedcrete

Postby Screedcrete » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:48 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Screedcrete on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Screedcrete

Postby Screedcrete » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:39 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Screedcrete on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

kenVii2

Postby kenVii2 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:14 am

So I was wondering how to find out what plants are edible and locations for finding them in BC. I have searched on line for books, but with no luck. The native people were here for hundreds of yrs there has to be lots of edible wild plants
0 x

aaronbouge
Canada

Postby aaronbouge » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Here you go Ken, a good book to start you off with: http://www.amazon.ca/Wild-harvest-Edibl ... 088839022X
0 x

cosmicprep

Postby cosmicprep » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:50 am

Glad you brought up the subject about dogs, Screedcrete. I've got a lot of questions about pets and SHTF and bugging out etc. so I started a new topic on that. Here's hoping I get some good ideas.
0 x

Screedcrete

Postby Screedcrete » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:01 am

DELETED
Last edited by Screedcrete on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Return to “British Columbia”