• Advertisement

Victoria Members

jonesy

Re: Victoria Members

Postby jonesy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:15 pm

The -5R is usually what the consensus says is your good, basic, and cheap setup.

Knowing how to use it, and having pre-planned frequencies based on time, etc is another:)

Count me in for southern Vancouver island. It's a big island, and anything south of Campbell river is in the same group as I see it. You guys have 4 ways out of victoria. air, water, port renfrew, and the Malahat. You know what 95% will choose to use. Plan accordingly:)

But a common contact frequency is definitely a good idea!

As is a regular meetup. Anyone for late March?
0 x
One is none, two is one.

Trek29
Canada

Postby Trek29 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:52 am

Hello, I'm new to the group and learning how to be a prepper. I'm by Tillicum Mall, in the upper floors of an apartment building that could be good in some cases but not so sure if we'd still be standing after a big earthquake. For that reason I mainly have a bug out bag/survival pack right now. Still working on my plan :)
My skills are in outdoor survival and learning archery. I have an interest in learning more about wild edibles and medicinal plants!
1 x

Jalardos
Canada

Postby Jalardos » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:00 am

im also new here, are there any preppers around the Duncan area on here?
0 x

jonesy

Postby jonesy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:48 pm

I'm on the Other side of nanaimo.

"Wild edibles of BC" is available at every books store around here- a must have!

Jonesy
1 x
One is none, two is one.

Black Badge
Canada

Postby Black Badge » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Just settling near Ogden Point. We have been prepping for years. It has seemed to us that the Island would be an excellent place to wait out...whatever...unless whatever happens to the Island. Thoughts?

BB
0 x

jonesy

Postby jonesy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:41 pm

It's got it all; climate, low pop density, except Victoria of course. Upwind of every North American nuke plant. With the exception of esquimalt / Ogden, and comox, not much strategic value to target. Some wildlife, lots of fresh water, etc.

Good spot indeed.
0 x
One is none, two is one.

Return to “British Columbia”