• Advertisement

Okanagan Preppers?

CDNPrepperChick

Okanagan Preppers?

Postby CDNPrepperChick » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:15 am

Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. My hubby and I are in our 40's and live in the Okanagan (Vernon area) and would love to connect with other local (and non-local) preppers/survivalists (I call myself a Prepper, my husband calls himself a Survivalist - so between us we've got 'em covered! :roll: ). We have been serious preppers for a few years - we know a little bit about a lot of things but there is always room to learn more and improve on existing skills - right?!. We love to share our knowledge :geek: and ideas :idea: and look to learn :D from others too. We have a plan to start building an off-grid home/homestead in about 2 years so are gathering as much knowledge in those related areas as we can between now and then. Our skills and interests are extensive. If you click on my profile name you should see a list of most of our interests - otherwise feel free to send me a message and we'll start chatting. Oh yeah, and we are non-judgemental, non-religious, meat eaters - in case that matters to anyone ;)
0 x
CanadianPrepperChick
(aka PinkCamo Princess on Pinterest)

Imagine

Re: Okanagan Preppers?

Postby Imagine » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:25 am

Hello CDNPrepperChick!

I am looking at relocating to the Okanagan. I am just starting down the path to find out who or what prepper communities are available out there.
Do you have strong community out there?

Compared to you and your husband, I am a rookie. However, I am prepared conservatively (because I want to move), and I am not scared of hard work.
I would love to connect and chat.

thx!
Imagine
0 x

CDNPrepperChick

Postby CDNPrepperChick » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi Imagine!

Thanks for the reply. I met with a great group of people in Kamloops last night (some awesome Preppers out that way!) but I am still searching for other Okanaganites to connect with in Vernon, Armstrong, Kelowna, Lumby areas so hope to find some in the near future. I am happy to chat anytime, feel free to PM me and we can exchange emails/phone numbers - would love to know where you are relocating from?
0 x
CanadianPrepperChick
(aka PinkCamo Princess on Pinterest)

gearhead

Postby gearhead » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:52 am

Hi there CDNPrepperChick , I live in Vernon and have been looking for a prepper/survivalist group or like minded people in the area. PTried to PM you nut this site wont let me.
0 x

tradesman

Postby tradesman » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:27 pm

access.
Last edited by tradesman on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

ranger001

Postby ranger001 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:15 am

Just new to the site, and live in Kelowna. Like to get to know preppers in the area.
0 x

Ravenbear

Postby Ravenbear » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:08 pm

I am new as well and live in Kelowna.
0 x

Callycat

Postby Callycat » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Would love to meet up with fellow Preppers....want to make a plan!

Nathaniel Cyndee MacLeod.Daggett
0 x

Ravencat
Canada

Postby Ravencat » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi CDNPrepperChick! I'm not new to the site but haven't been around for a while but back again. I'm in the Shuswap/Hunter's Range area. My husband and I have been doing what we can to prep for a few years now - limited budget and time - but just last year got our PALs and hunting licences, in addition to learning more skills and building equipment (hubby's an inventor-minded welder). I'm always up to learn either new skills or new ways to do something. We're in our early 50's but open to sharing new ideas.
0 x
"When you are going through Hell, keep going" W. Churchill

silveropportunity

Postby silveropportunity » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:14 am

Hi CDNPrepperChick,
I just joined the site today and saw more locals on here than I thought I would...just looking for like minded individuals to talk with, learn from and exchange ideas. I just bought a house on 6 acres and although I'm a rookie...I'm going all in with chickens, bees, goats, growing my own food etc...can't wait for the snow to go so I can get started!!!
anyhow, I live in Sorrento, work in Salmon Arm and am looking to network...I was also thinking of starting a group that may want to meet up every month or so, let me know!
0 x

Return to “British Columbia”