• Advertisement

first aid kit

bajapablo

Re: first aid kit

Postby bajapablo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:12 am

I have used Cal Vet Supply, quick delivery, good pricing and my orders always had "best dating". I have them shipped to an address in Seattle. Don't know if they ship to Canada or what Customs would do about it.

I have ordered Fish Mox Forte (amoxicillin), Fish Cillin (Ampicillin) Fish Flex Forte (Cephalexin), Fish Flox Forte (Ciprofloxin) and Fish Cin (Clindamycin). Forte means that they are 500 mgs tabs rather than 250 mgs. It's a great way to go in a Grid Down situation, especially if your GP is wary of writing prescriptions for large amounts of antibiotics. I have read a few papers describing that these antibiotics are identical in everyway to those dispensed by pharmacies. Even Thomas Labs who distribute these antibiotics notes the following:

Q. If the antibiotics for fish are the same as the USP grade antibiotics that are dispensed from human pharmacies then why are should humans not take them also?

A. The law clearly states that any antibiotic for non-human use needs to be labeled as “not for human use” regardless of application. Thomas Labs sources it’s antibiotics from the same USP grade manufacturing as antibiotics used for humans, but we are not doctor’s and do not deal in human health problems. Only a doctor can correctly prescribe antibiotics for specific need in humans. Thomas Labs will take no responsibility in the mis-use of its products made for animals. If a human is sick and needs antibiotics then it is likely that person also needs the expertise and guidance of a doctor.

A few references in defence of fish antibiotics.

http://www.doomandbloom.net/video-fish- ... ea-or-nay/

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/fish- ... -settings/

http://www.thomaslabs.com/topic/22-fish ... ation.aspx
0 x

cardwell125
Canada

Postby cardwell125 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 pm

HI : I have been a distributor for 17 years for a company that sells essential oils . So it was a given for me when I started prepping in 2009 , that the oils would become a big part of my first aid .
Peppermint properties :: , ;Analgesic,antibacterial,anticarcinogenic,anti-inflamitory,,antiseptic ,antispasmodic ,antiviroal and invigorating ..

Lavender properties :: Analgesic ,Anticoagulant ,anti-convulsive , Anti-depressant , Anti-fungal , anti-histamine , etc , etc .etc
clove oil , lemon oil ,melaleuca ie Tea tree Oil ,....the list goes on and on .
OILS have an indefinite shelf life if stored properly . Most of the oils I have are 15ml bottles so light and easy
Caution when buying ..there are cheap oils on the market and propbably not safe to use in Med preps .. The test I give any new brand of oils is if the peppermint oils says " for external use only " I won't buy it .... The FDA says a GRAS product ie generally regarded as safe .
of course I have the bandaids , etc , etc PAPA JOHN ie cardwell125
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:14 pm

HI Papa John, thank you for bringing up the topic of oils. I have to admit that my knowledge of oils, naturopathy, herbal, and other alternative medicine is very limited. Sadly, it seems that the likely benefits are tainted by very sad stories of people poor judgement, like that of the poor albertan toddler who suffered and eventually died of meningitis while his parents refused to care for him outside of naturopathy.

In all cases, I'd be very interested if you'd like to start a thread on the topic of oils. Maybe explaining what are more reputable ones, what can they be used for, etc. Essentially, bring oils a bit more to the forefront and out of the shadows.
0 x

Grumpy Bear

Postby Grumpy Bear » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:54 am

Hey Oldman Prepper
I was an OFA 3 also, I keep a OFA 3 kit in my home, in my Truck and my car oh and on at thr cabin. In my get home bag I carry trauma kits and bandages and polysporin, and disinfectant. a small pack of all the over the counter pain and relief meds that are available and an emergency splint and elastic bandage. Plus a five day supply of my own personal meds. I have been leary to invest in fish antibiotics, I'm still checking them out.
0 x
Be Discreet, Be Friendly, Be Safe.
Most of all "Be Ready"

Return to “British Columbia”