• Advertisement

Interior BC as (partly) off-grid retirement/BOL?

Prepperben
Canada

Re: Interior BC as (partly) off-grid retirement/BOL?

Postby Prepperben » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Yeah we could arrange a meeting. Here send me a email at benoit_f_darveau@hotmail.com
0 x

familyfirst
Canada

Postby familyfirst » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:40 am

Prepperben wrote:I'm looking into creating a group in Creston area. The weather is good, you have food growing all over the place. If there is a nuclear conflict chances are they will try to preserve the area has a food source. The biggest treat I think will be Mericans!

Creston is too close to the "Merkins" for confort
0 x

kootenay kid
Canada

Postby kootenay kid » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks. PM me after you have a few more posts and we will chat, ok?
0 x

Prepperben
Canada

Postby Prepperben » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:50 am

Familyfirst! You just have to be ready for them. Cut them off
0 x

kootenay kid
Canada

Postby kootenay kid » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:49 pm

So true, Prepperben. Cutting them off is easy where we are..... Just two bridges to take out of commission, and one piece of road that an excavator would make short work of. That's it! No on can get thru without a lot of time and effort being used.
0 x

glasshouse
Canada

Postby glasshouse » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:34 am

I totally disagree with you guys about Creston's location to America. Northern Idaho is full of fantastic people and I Enjoy spending time there. if anything they could prove to be an asset to the valley as Canada continues to go down the tubes. Geographically there's a stronger connection to Bonners Ferry than Cranbrook or Nelson...
0 x

kootenay kid
Canada

Postby kootenay kid » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:12 pm

I was speaking in generalities there.....on a specific need to basis. I agree that there are many, many good people that would make great assets, that live in the U S. I met a lot of them when visiting my Mother-in law, but since her passing, I have not had reason to return. It is more the Arm Chair Survivalist that I am concerned about! Not just across the line, but the ones up here too.
0 x

Hinterland
Canada

Postby Hinterland » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:19 am

I was watching a youtube prep video from Idaho last week, and they mentioned the good folks up around Creston Way, in Canada, that also have been prepping and were not to be worried about in a SHTF scenario south of Bonners. We're Canadians and have been looking around the Kootenays a bit. We are both 60 and come with a bushcraft, hunting, trapping background and currently live full time in an RV. Still have not found the right spot, but even around Grand Forks looked interesting for a location.
1 x
[b][size=150][color=#4000FF]http://www.youtube.com/c/BushCraftCanadaLearnHow[/color][/size][/b]

glasshouse
Canada

Postby glasshouse » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:00 am

Hinterland, the Kootenays are incredible and offer a wide variety of options for settling down. From forests to fields and towering mountains in between.
Good luck,
0 x

Return to “British Columbia”