• Advertisement

** NEW to prepping ** Resource Question...

theicon100

** NEW to prepping ** Resource Question...

Postby theicon100 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:46 am

Hi Everyone, I'm brand new to prepping and I've been overloaded with information on the internet on where to buy food and supplies from.

I am based out of southern BC and I'm looking for help on where you people think are the ABSOLUTE BEST places you would suggest me to go to to stock up on food, water, supplies, clothing etc etc....The entire shabang.

Thank you kindly
0 x

peppercorn

Re: ** NEW to prepping ** Resource Question...

Postby peppercorn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:09 am

part of me is wondering if you are punking us, or are you serious? water- your TAP! 2nd best the cheapest bottled water from food for less. cheap like borsht. Clothing-, shoes, jackets, jeans ...valuevillage, goodwill. Food- food for less, never the prepackaged stuff that others are peddleing you will pay 2 to 3 times the price with them. Food for less and bulk barn. Bulk barn has the best prices on the items on in store specials. Costco also has good prices (flour, rice) . Once a week make a pass through each and buy the on sale items. Bulk barn, great prices on Barley, Pearl barley,& dehydrated potatoes. Never order this stuff through the net shipping costs way to much. Also Costco has a vacuum packager, I don't have or use one, but I have friends who do, and it is great for pre packaging your stuff.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Sylvie2674
Canada

Postby Sylvie2674 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:29 pm

If you are a Cisco member they deliver for free, or a small fee depending on how far you are.
0 x
I prep for my daughters, for they are our future.
I prep for the short and long term. Everyday I strive to learn something new.
I prep for community. For in the long run each of us need one another.

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:47 am

Folks, there are no mentions of buying online on the OP's message, just that the information online on where to get stuff has been overwhelming.

I would suggest that you keep an eye on your local grocery store's flyers for great deals then stock up. Costco seems to be an all around safe bet, especially if you have a mean of preserving their enormous size foodstuff.

Camping stuff can be bought reasonably at places like Canadian Tires once the season is over and they want to get rid of their stock. Same with gardening supplies at most stores.
0 x

RapidSurvival
Canada

Postby RapidSurvival » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:44 pm

I'm slightly biased but for prepper gear and supplies I like to think Rapid Survival is the best place. :mrgreen:

Ultimately shop around and keep an eye on local grocery store deals, the key is to not over spend. Way too many people jump into the deep end and go into debt to get their prepping stuff. It can be as simple as adding a case of water to your next grocery trip.
0 x
Eric Pinkerton- Owner of Rapid Survival
72 Hour Survival Kits
Emergency Preparedness Equipment
http://www.rapidsurvival.com

Return to “British Columbia”