• Advertisement

Upper Fraser Valley people?

Turnip Volume
Canada

Upper Fraser Valley people?

Postby Turnip Volume » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:03 am

Hello, New to the board but I have been prepping for quite sometime now. I would like to meet up with others that are serious about preparing for a possible uncertain future. I have many years and skills and would like to meet others that take this topic seriously. If you reside in the valley pass along a hello to my mailbox and see if we could get a dialog going. Don't mind conversing back and forth here, or actually meeting up sometime.

Cheers to you all and Happy prepping!
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Re: Upper Fraser Valley people?

Postby farmgal » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:46 am

hello an welcome, you must post three times on the board before the pm system will be available, wo give a read, find a few things to comment on, and after two more posts then folks can send message to your mailbox
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Turnip Volume
Canada

Postby Turnip Volume » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Thank you very much for the heads up.
0 x

Turnip Volume
Canada

Postby Turnip Volume » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Post # 3? :roll:
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Turnip Volume wrote:Post # 3? :roll:

yup!
0 x

Turnip Volume
Canada

Postby Turnip Volume » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:12 am

OK well thank you very much to the Admins here I appreciate all the hard work you do on this network as I have watched a long time and finally decided to get a post up and reply to some others here so Thank you.

With that said I would like to expand on my initial idea with some more info, or should I say thoughts that I have.
I would like to try and start an info sharing group with others in my immediate area. Myself being in the Rosedale area of the Fraser Valley. If there seems to be enough interest I would like to get together and have sort of a Meet N Greet type of thing.
My initial thought process of the general outline,…
As previously mentioned, I would like this to be a general meet up to talk about some of the interests of Preperation, and/or survival interests.
Some of the generalized topics of discussion may revolve around for an example;
What sort of reasons do you Prep, what got you interested in preparing and how long have you had this interest?
What sort of skills would you like to learn either individually or as a group?
Are there any particular skills that you are either willing to share or teach others if possible?
Of course you would be more than welcome to help out with forming some future goals for the future of group as well.

I think this could be a simple and basic start for a group of people that have similar interests, and I always enjoy meeting new people.
The only thing I would ask from this first meeting ( if we have enough interest at all ) is that there is NO talk on politics OR any direct opinions on possible SHTF scenarios. We all know the possibilities of armageddon. I would just like it to stay focused on skills both taught and learned, meeting with other like minded good people whom understand that preparing, and different ways to better ourselves on this topic is a sound idea. I know most survivalists and preppers are very skeptical, and a lot less likely to step out of their comfort zones and interact with other preppers due to security concerns, so I would ask that if you would like to come, that you keep your questions in a generalized form to others as a form of respect, and we have a relaxed atmosphere about the whole thing.

If I get any PM's of interest I will be willing to set a date and place on neutral ground somewhere. As mentioned, Im in the Rosedale area and would like to keep it more or less local, so if you willing to meet say in Chilliwack or something, Id be happy to meet you. Hopefully you share some interest in my thoughts. By using the PM feature here I will stay in contact with you off the main page and set up a date and location that will work for most of us.

Thank you
0 x

bro1957
Canada

Postby bro1957 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:47 pm

I would definitely be interested.
0 x

Return to “British Columbia”