• Advertisement

Mb preppers meeting

westshield

Mb preppers meeting

Postby westshield » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:53 pm

Hey all, so we managed out first meet. To be consistent our meetings will be every 2nd Saturday of the month.

Next meeting will be Saturday April 9th.
The time will be dependent on our activity for the day.
0 x
There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

To fix that check out www.westshieldoutpost.ca

Chekmate

Re: Mb preppers meeting

Postby Chekmate » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:17 am

Hey! Westshield,

I'm interested in coming out Saturday the 9th. If possible the morning would be better for me. I have other commitments for the afternoon.

Chekmate
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Hey Chekmate, th morning will work. Should we say start at 9 or 10 until whenever?
0 x
There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:06 am

Evening! Westshield,

9am the morning of April 9th would be perfect for me. That way it gives me a little time to meet everyone. I'll have to headout by 11am . Have you picked out a place to meet?

Chekmate
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:33 am

Well, to be honest no not yet. I'm still thinking of something we can do for that meeting. Any ideas would be welcome ;)
0 x

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:25 am

Hey! Westshield,

What was covered at the last meeting? What does everyone want to cover (bushcraft, prepping,urban survival ect)?

Chekmate
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:54 pm

We briefly discussed our interests. As I kind of figured it touched on all those things you mentioned lol. Some with experience already. A weekend bushcraft (or even a day) would be awesome and something we should plan for maybe once the ground dries up a bit perhaps for June?)
0 x

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:05 am

Evening! Westshield,

In the regards to bushcraft. I'm belong to a small group of people in the Winnipeg area that get together and practice bushcraft skills. We call ourselves the "Boreal Bushcrafters". We've been together for going on two years now. We try to get together once or twice a month either at our permanent primitive camp in the Mars Sand Hills or in the evening's at Kildonan Park. We got together in February to cook breakfast at our site in Mars Sand Hills. We have another outing scheduled for Monday March 28th from 7:30 pm to 10:30pm at Kildonan Park. We are going to practice the one stick and five minute fires. We usually make coffee and hot cocoa over the fire.

If anyone is interested in coming out and participating. Send us an email at: borealbushcrafters@gmail.com

Let me know where the preppers will be meeting on April 9th. I've already marked it on my calendar for 9am that Saturday.

Chekmate
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Is there a couple dudes named Jonathan and Roland in your group? They run a bushcraft business named Borealis Bushcraft. I've done one night of fall camping with them, but unfortunately I haven't had much time to hang out with them. I sure would love too though.
0 x

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:15 pm

Morning! Westshield,

No! I don't know those two gentlemen. We're just a few individuals with the same interests, that got together and do bushcrafting. We're not in it for the money just the fun and comradery.

Chekmate
0 x

Return to “Manitoba”