• Advertisement

Mb preppers meeting

racs333

Re: Mb preppers meeting

Postby racs333 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:59 am

if were going to be laying out equipment and stuff, we need someplace not public. a garage or a park, or a private corner somewhere, walking around with knives and gear might draw some attention that might make some uncomfortable, that and i would need a bit of space to empty mine.
0 x

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Afternoon! racs333,

If we pick the right place and there is enough of us coming. We can just tell the proprietor what we are doing. I don't think it would be a problem as long as everyone purchases something more than a coffee.

Chekmate
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:18 am

Your outside of town too? I'm in Springfield how bout you? I used to live down the street from the Thirsty Duck. I always wanted to go there, but never did.
I wonder though, like what Racs said, about pulling knives from our bags and such in a restaurant.
0 x
There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

To fix that check out www.westshieldoutpost.ca

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:23 am

I'm in Lockport. You're just on the other side of the river. I've never been to the "Thirsty Duck". I just did a google search for restaurants in EK area. Henderson Burger maybe better for us. They have a back area and don't open until 9am. I can't see that many people coming at 9am on a Saturday for a burger. We can give them a call with how many of us are coming and what we would like to do. If we each spend ten bucks or so I think they would have a problem with us being there and showing are BoB's

Chekmate
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:22 am

The Thirsty Duck is a little Chinese restaurant. I don't imagine it would be busy there either. But ya the burger place sounds good. I did just discover that the Winnipeg Library's offer free 'tutorial rooms' and free meeting rooms for ot for profit groups. I don't have a Winnipeg library card, as it would probably cost me money. Bu I do have a Springfield library card which is in Dugald.
Racs, do you have a Winnipeg card? Perhaps we can plan to meet at a library? I should be able to get a church kitchen but it might not be necessary until we're actually doing some cooking type stuff.
0 x
There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:13 am

My wife has a card for the new Selkirk library. If we want to meet there I can check if they have a room we can book.

Chekmate
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:00 am

Selkirk might be a little farther than some may like. For us three, I don't think it's too far. I found my old Wpg library card, but it sure if it's valid. I'm going to library on Henderson on Monday.
0 x

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:32 am

The Henderson Library should work. You may want to check to see if they are open Easter Monday.

Talking about Easter. Happy Easter to you all and your families.

Chekmate
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:35 am

Ya, i'll give them a shout on monday, Being governemnt, your right, thye might not be open.

Thank you very much Chekmate. Happy Easter to you and your family as well.

Also, i've put together a "prepper beginners guide" Something to help someone (or even us who may be along in our preps) to keep track of things with keep a reference booklet of sorts.I'd like to get your guys input and opinions on it. I can email it to you if you send me an email at ryan@westshieldoutpost.ca I'll send it to you.
0 x

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:08 am

Evening! Westshield,

I printed the "Prepper Beginners Guide" you made up. What I've read is good. A few typo's. I'll let you know what I think when I finish.

Chekmate
0 x

Return to “Manitoba”