• Advertisement

Mb preppers meeting

westshield

Re: Mb preppers meeting

Postby westshield » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:02 pm

A camp out would be awesome. We could head to the forest somewhere, or if we wanna stay close, there's a spot in the bush at Cooks Creek C.C. Near the creek. A couple other dudes (from Borealis Bushcraft, not to be confused with Chekmate's Boreal Bushcrafters, did so one night. A fire is no problem there).
0 x
There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

To fix that check out www.westshieldoutpost.ca

westshield

Postby westshield » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:10 pm

So how about for the next meeting on May 14th (the second Saturday) we head into the bush for the night? I suppose we could either do it Friday night, or Saturday to Sunday. If another day is preferable we can change it. Or to keep and build the consistency keep it on the second sat o the month.
0 x
There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:15 am

Evening! Westshield,

I think May 13 or 14th will work for me. We can either have the meeting Saturday morning at the Henderson Library or plan an overnight for the 13th or 14th. The sooner the better! With the lack of snow in Manitoba this year, they might shut down any camping because of the chance for forest fires. I'll let everyone know in the next few days if I can do the overnight on the 13th or 14th. Also sunset is not until 9pm that weekend in May. Gives us that little extra light for either evening.

Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chekmate
0 x

racs333

Postby racs333 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:19 pm

id prefer the saturday sunday, 14-15, i might have gaming on friday, but ill double check on the time frame.
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:05 am

I think a Friday to Saturday would be a great way to end the wor week ;) and then the Saturday to work around I the bush. I'm good either way though.
0 x

racs333

Postby racs333 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:01 am

i just double checked my schedule, it looks like i will be able to do friday night /saturday
0 x

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:34 am

Friday night May 13th will work for me also.

Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chekmate
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Ohh, I just realized, it will be a Friday the 13th camp out. Hopefully Jason (I can't remember his last name), doesn't come and kill us all
0 x

Chekmate

Postby Chekmate » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:07 am

I think it would be the other way around. Jason would be to scary to come into a prepper/bushcraft camp! With a bunch of guys with knives, axes, saws, machetes and who knows what else. Jason would be worried, we would be chasing him through the woods. :)

Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chekmate
0 x

westshield

Postby westshield » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:42 am

Haha, very true.
So hp about the location? Would the Cooks Creek club suffice? Or do you guys have another spot in mind?
0 x

Return to “Manitoba”