• Advertisement

looking for a diesel mechanic

westshield

looking for a diesel mechanic

Postby westshield » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:55 am

Hey, anyone here happen to be a Deisel mechanic familiar with John deere Deisel tractors? I love to be able to trade work or farm benefits if one can get my 72' deere running before summer.
I drive semi trucks so I can trade for that perhaps too.
But my fuel injector pump busted on me. So I took it apart, fixed it up, and put it together, but still can't get fuel to the injectors. Can anyone help?
0 x
There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

To fix that check out www.westshieldoutpost.ca

peppercorn

Re: looking for a diesel mechanic

Postby peppercorn » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:54 am

Ok...just so I am clear.....you had pump failure, you rebuilt the pump? put it back in, then I assume you cranked it over with the output of the pump open (unconnected) so you could visually confirm it pumping out fuel.....so with that done you know the rebuilt pump is (likely) working.

Now because you have had the fuel delivery system open, it would be reasonable to assume that the lines going to the injectors now have air in them. I don't know that engine, but I would next go up to the individual injectors and crack open the nut (just loosen it) at the injectors, crank over the engine until you see fuel coming out the loose nuts at the individual injectors. This should drive any air in the lines out. Tighten the nuts back up (WHILE STILL BEING CRANKED OVER)and hopefully you will have driven the air out of the lines.

I am not a diesel mechanic, self taught...my advice worth just what you paid for it.

PS: if the above doesn't get you going, find the check valve after the pump ( it could be part of the pump) and make sure it is not leaking, or pressure to the injectors may not be enough to fire them.
0 x
one test is more valuable than 1000 expert opinions

westshield

Postby westshield » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Hey Peppercorn, ya thats almost spot on. I have primed the pump, and cracked one of the injector lines, but I'm not getting anything too the line. I assume that the timing was left intact from when I removed the pump, as there's only one way it can go on b / c of a key way.
I am however actually not sure if it's air in the system or perhaps the pump isn't being driven as there is no fuel coming from the pump still.

I drive semi for a living so I was hoping more to find someone to do the work,, as my time is often limited to being stuck behind the wheel for more hours than I'd like lol.
0 x
There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:07 am

Your to far for me to help, unless you will pay millage :D good luck in finding someone...
0 x
one test is more valuable than 1000 expert opinions

westshield

Postby westshield » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:25 am

Oh haha well that sucks. Well, I may have to bug my semi truck mechanic more then until he gives in ;)
0 x

Return to “Manitoba”