• Advertisement

Hamilton Community

oldschool
Canada

Re: Hamilton Community

Postby oldschool » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:59 am

pbs wrote:Hi folks. I've been offline for awhile and just getting back on. I've missed a lot of meet & greets. Let me know if any are going up and I'll try to make it. Cheers.

not much has been going on since the meet in August :(
0 x

pbs
Canada

Postby pbs » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:47 am

I wasn't around for that. Any new meat & greats happen soon?
0 x
Do you want to make a little prep money? Try here. www.swagbucks.com/refer/pbs413

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:15 am

pbs wrote:I wasn't around for that. Any new meat & greats happen soon?

nope

but then again no one has stepped up to do one
0 x

pbs
Canada

Postby pbs » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:29 pm

I'm living in a room, so it's hard for me to entertain.
0 x
Do you want to make a little prep money? Try here. www.swagbucks.com/refer/pbs413

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:18 am

pbs wrote:I'm living in a room, so it's hard for me to entertain.

Unless it is a large meet, then it is usually held in a coffee shop or restaurant.
0 x

andysurvivor

Postby andysurvivor » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:12 am

Howdy all!

Been quite sometime! how is everyone doing?

-Andysurvivor
0 x
If it's not supposed to move and is moving use duct tape, If it's supposed to move and is not moving using WD-40.

Fenwolf

Postby Fenwolf » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi all, so I stopped by to see what was new. And what I am hearing from people is that finding a location to hold these M&G's is a problem. My wife and I organize events for fundraising. So if we have enough people that are interested in making this a regular event for the community then we will start working on a plan and location to hold these. We have been looking at doing things like canning groups and classes. And if people have no problem with a small charge (like $5 or less per person) to rent a place there is many locations in Hamilton we can use. We can hold discussions, classes, demonstrations. So if this sounds like an idea that the group likes post here. I will check each day and see what kind of turn out we can expect. We will look at weekend times and dates as this is the best for most of us to get off. And we will start planning for say March/April so everyone has time to plan. I would like to see this become something consistent for our community.

Edit- My wife wants to now what kids of classes or activities people would like to have. She holds classes on couponing to increase stock piles and we hold small canning classes at our house(about 3-5 people). We show the tools and the techniques of canning. Also if we wanted to do things like a pot luck dinner does anyone have a house with a back yard it could be held at. Ours is in a complex so not the best for this.
0 x

teejay
Canada

Postby teejay » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:11 pm

I have not checked in here in a long time. We're interested in attending any future Hamilton meet-ups.
0 x

RachelM
Canada

Postby RachelM » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Fenwolf wrote:
Edit- My wife wants to now what kids of classes or activities people would like to have. She holds classes on couponing to increase stock piles and we hold small canning classes at our house(about 3-5 people). We show the tools and the techniques of canning. Also if we wanted to do things like a pot luck dinner does anyone have a house with a back yard it could be held at. Ours is in a complex so not the best for this.

I'm in Niagara Falls, but I'm interested in learning pressure canning if you are teaching. I have a pressure canner that was given to me last Christmas that I'm actually kind of intimidated to use (I imagine it blowing up and destroying the kitchen...). I'm willing to travel up to Hamilton. I do some water bath canning here and there already. I have the Ball home canning book to follow recipes but I always love a good demonstration.
0 x

andysurvivor

Postby andysurvivor » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:42 am

Hi all,

How are things going?

I'm interested in clases/demos as well
0 x
If it's not supposed to move and is moving use duct tape, If it's supposed to move and is not moving using WD-40.

Return to “Ontario”