• Advertisement

Hamilton Community

teejay
Canada

Re: Hamilton Community

Postby teejay » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Make sure you ask if I'm in when you visit, it will be great to finally meet some of you!
Membership is a one time returnable deposit of $100 dollars. The projected estimate is that one person doing moderate shopping would recoup that amount in as little as 2 years, sooner if taking advantage of weekly member sale items or bulk ordering. It's a bit more than some other co-ops I've joined but I haven't been a member of one in over 7 years so it's no surprise it's higher than then.
More info here :).
http://my.mustardseed.coop/
0 x

mamaizzy

Postby mamaizzy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:51 pm

Our plan is the middle to the end of February. (need a car and some $ to go) but, have been checking out the website and telling everyone about it! I just wish I lived closer! :)
I am looking seriously into becoming a member as well :) but, want to check out the store first.
0 x

teejay
Canada

Postby teejay » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:14 am

That's a good plan, especially since you don't live close enough to do your regular shopping there. The selection is pretty good for such a small place. There's parking too :).

Anybody else in Hamilton been by? It's more a "natural is the way to go" place than survival supplies but there seems to be a cross over with those two.
0 x

BlakePS

Postby BlakePS » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:59 am

oldschool wrote:Here's an idea. How about the Hamilton folks just meet for lunch at a restaurant or coffee shop and leave planning a regular meet for Sept?

Good idea. I'll try to get there. Been very busy of late. PM me with a location, time and date.
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 am

sorry back to work and have been crazy busy

are we looking evenings or weekends
0 x

Allegro

Postby Allegro » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:28 am

Hi everyone.

I'm new but like-minded. I've been slowly but steadily prepping with a modest student budget over the last couple years while living in Toronto. Though I haven't belonged to this type of group, I have belonged to several other groups and clubs over the years (photography, hiking, etc).

I've found that a given day each month - like the first Friday or Saturday of a month every time is the best way to organize these types of informal groups. Those who can make it, show. Other who can't can ask a fellow prepper for details or we see them next month.

Just an idea and I'm open to everyone's thoughts.

M - Hamilton
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:35 am

We were doing it with no fixed dates as several of the people that were coming were driving several hours to get here. The idea was to make sure they could attend as well.

It has been 2 years since we had a larger meet:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=949&hilit=june
0 x

Allegro

Postby Allegro » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 pm

I can understand that Oldschool.

Any idea then where the Hamilton-area folks stand on meeting up in July/Aug?

M
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:36 am

Allegro wrote:I can understand that Oldschool.

Any idea then where the Hamilton-area folks stand on meeting up in July/Aug?

M

I haven't been around much the last few months so I don't know. I am going to the Ottawa meet in August. We could do a local meet towards the end of August.
0 x

villager
Canada

Postby villager » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 am

Hi Oldschool,....wondering if you know if another all-ont. meet like last year in huntsville is planned?
cheers,....villager
0 x

Return to “Ontario”