• Advertisement

What have you added to your preps this week?

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Re: What have you added to your preps this week?

Postby helicopilot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:40 am

ShadyMapleTree wrote:I'm just getting started with my preps. This week I've added seven tins of canned food, mainly Campbell's Chunky soups, Stagg chili and beans.

My preps aren't aimed at creating a vast stash of backup supplies, just 14 days of food and water if a disaster or other major event forces me to shelter-in-place, or causes disruptions to the food supply chain.

This weekend I'll head out to buy a few flats of bottled water. Slow and steady wins the race.

That is exactly how it should be (in my opinion!). Too many people become obsessed...
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Re: What have you added to your preps this week?

Postby helicopilot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:39 am

Busy with work and the garden these days. Will likely pickle 20+ pounds of beets over the next couple of days, trying different brine recipes. Ordered a 23L pressure canner from Amazon so can't wait to see how this will work out. Re-stocked my medical supplies after my wife and I's surgeries over the last year and added a few more different kinds of dressings and bandages; I now have a large plastic tote nearly full.

I'm shopping for a 3rd large rain water container (caged ~ 1000L plastic tank) for the acreage. I'm not in a rush, but if I see one coming up in the local area, I'll go get it.

Seabucktorn berries should be ready soon!!
0 x

Return to “Ontario”