• Advertisement

Where to bug out/ Community

blueflash

Re: Where to bug out/ Community

Postby blueflash » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:37 am

I just wanted to mention that owning a dozen firearms, thounds of rounds of ammo, and are capable of shooting a grape at 200 yards, are not "carved
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:56 pm

You seem to be in a good situation Blueflash, enviable by many. Having taken measures to ensure your families prepping needs you are taking the next step. Forming, or joining a group is essential if your plans include SHTF scenarios that last over a few weeks. You have made a generous offer and I am sure it will be fruitful. When you get some takers be sure to take the time to find out as much about them as possible before you reveal your location to them. Not everyone is as they seem and not everyone has benign motives, even on this site. If you have any questions or just want to shoot the breeze PM me or better still email me. Please keep in touch and let me know how this works out. One of my particular interests is to maintain communications with seasoned groups around the country should indeed the SHTF.
0 x

blueflash

Postby blueflash » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:52 am

I agree with ICRCC. There is strength in numbers, which is why I joined this we :? bsite, for a chance of finding other like minded trustworthy preppers. I also seem to be never satisfied with what I have, and what skills I have learned. One of my next prepping projects is a Ham radio, because even if I am with only a small group, it would be a great benefit to communicate with others at different areas to see whats going on.
Last edited by blueflash on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Gg.clrngtn

Postby Gg.clrngtn » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:48 pm

I agree with both of you. Knowing what to do, having family to help is great, but strength in numbers is what its about. That and being able to trade with like
minded people.
Unfortunatly for preppers in Canada. It would be quite difficult to trade because of the distance between groups, before or after a SHTF situation.
0 x

washley

Postby washley » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:20 pm

I think bug outs depend on situations, presented.

None the less I am wiling to network with everyone interested more or less.

my email is reception@williamashley.info

send me an email saying hi and reference prepping and we can move from there.

I am based in Northern Ontario usually during the spring/summer... and maybe fall this year. By northern ontario I mean northern ontario.. that is around 50 degrees north. Just off trans Canada north highway 11... at long lake.

I'll be doing atleast one week long hike this year, maybe two or three. It should be fun.

I'm more than willing to communicate via internet including web chat which is almost as good as in person.
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 pm

Welcome to the forum Washley and greetings from Northern Ontario .you might want to split your email address up so that we can understand it but automated web robots cannot i.e. reception at williamashley dot info. With all the Google bots etc that troll the site you could end up getting a lot of junk mail.
0 x

blueflash

Postby blueflash » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Walshy, you are in a good place up by long lake. I am familiar with the area, because I have been moose hunting at Jellicoe, and the drive up there takes us through long lake. If shtf, you would'nt have to worry about a million hungry desperate people trying to take what you have. I know you would never go hungry up there, because the wild chickens (grouse) are everywere, and are not bothered by humans walking 20 yards away. The further South you are, the grouse are not as easy to get and less abundant.
0 x

henry

Postby henry » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Just few thoughts.I was looking for a preppers to create community than I realized it is impossible in Northern Ont.First it is the distance than most of the people that were interested could offer only "talents,trades, advice and nothing concrete" That is good but now after many many years of hard work and sacrifices I am sufficient for many years with food,defence,security,communications, water,trading goods,tools shortly completely self sufficient for many years to come.Why would I risk my close family to exposure.
To be really ready for long term disaster it takes long time ,lot of money,very very hard work and family that sticks together.
SHOW IT TO ME and You are welcome join me.
To me that is reality.Go ahead and judge me.
Henry
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Henry wrote "Go ahead and judge me." No not at all. I fully understand your concerns for your family and they are well justified. As you say to be really ready for long term disaster it takes long time, a lot of money, and very hard work. However prepper groups in Northern Ontario are a reality. Many of those that you have no doubt encountered are in the low end of the preparedness scale looking for a group to join. Your "show it to me" approach will not only ensure your own survival if things come to the worse but also the survival of anyone who is lucky enough to join you.
0 x

WildernessReturn

Postby WildernessReturn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Henry,
I had the misfortune of meeting some of the low.. enders like you did, your right!

some talk, some do, some talk behind your back, some do worse behind your back so I Judge you .. Good :)
0 x

Return to “Ontario”