And some you just can't tell
And some they will and some they won't
With some it's just as well"

Especially the last part! ;)
0 x

Bandit86

Re: Where to bug out/ Community

Postby Bandit86 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:26 am

I know I'm new here and haven't proven my worth, but look around on the Internet for bandit86 it's my screen name on a dozen other forums, I'm not a troll

I'm looking to relocate from London to about half hour south of Ottawa, any communities or preppers there I'd love to perhaps meet up one weekend. I have a nice little seedvault in he works and adequately equipped supplies, and a McGuyver when it comes to fixing things. No timetable for when I move but I was already up there scouting around
0 x
Want to see the future, past or the unknown? Learn to be psychic. Ask me how!
A good time to invest in spf3000 if you live on the NK penninsula.
Oh November 17, how I fear thee...

WildernessReturn

Postby WildernessReturn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:37 am

ICRCC,
my life is like a Greek Tragedy
0 x

WildernessReturn

Postby WildernessReturn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:39 am

Bandit,
there is a Prepper meeting in Ottawa area, on the 14th, go look for the thread in new posts or in the Ontario forum section. Good luck to you
0 x

Bandit86

Postby Bandit86 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:37 am

WildernessReturn wrote:Bandit,
there is a Prepper meeting in Ottawa area, on the 14th, go look for the thread in new posts or in the Ontario forum section. Good luck to you

Has the place and time been finalized?
0 x
Want to see the future, past or the unknown? Learn to be psychic. Ask me how!
A good time to invest in spf3000 if you live on the NK penninsula.
Oh November 17, how I fear thee...

teresa911

Postby teresa911 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi I am new today to your site and would like to say thank you so much for letting me join. Me my husband and son are looking for a community that is prepping. We have been planning this for years and have alot to bring to the table. My husband is an industrial pipe fitter and I am an inventor, cook, and a ton of skills more. We are putting our house on the market and want to find a community in Ontario that cares about each other and works together for the good of all. Just trying to find out what is out there so please if you need or want more ppl in your group let me know. We are desparately seeking decency in mankind.
0 x

Jensen

Postby Jensen » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:19 am

I am fairly new to this site as well. Although not new to prepping I am in the early stages of my prepping. Going through this tread I cant help thinking that some of the experienced preppers who have joined in this tread are somewhat misunderstanding the purpose of joining a Group. Apart from the obvious strength in numbers I think the more important reason to join a Group is to get up to speed faster in a Group rather than as an individual. As a Group you can share resources such as a tractor, reloading equipment, building structures together etc. By being part of a Group starting at the same level for prepping you can delegate important prep purchases and ensure that all members are contributing at the same level. Having a seasoned prepper in the Group would be a great asset in terms of prepping experience etc. But it may be better to start a group with people who are at the same level of prepping instead of joining an existing individual/family/Group.
I would not be discouraged by meeting people who talk and discuss prepping more than actions. Its easy to do and we see those people in all aspect of society. Prepping is no different. Personally I would meet a few times and judge the person before sharing levels of my own preps. Sort of try to estimate if we have the same realistic expectations to prepping first. Second judge their current skill set and their ambitions in regards to skills. Get an idea of how the other person will go about achieving his or her prep goals. If we have a mutual match (I would expect the other person to judge and rate me as well) we can move on from there and if not hey ho no harm done we just go our separate ways. So I really like what sbasacco is doing here. Its a great way to meet up and start a friendship and a potential prep together. Good on you sbasacco and too bad I am way North of London. However anyone in Thunder Bay and area are welcome to contact me if there is interest in forming a Group locally.
0 x

Singlecell

Postby Singlecell » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:00 pm

I got a farm in Niagara, but I live in Toronto. It's an empty farm, we inherited it, 25 acres of land that hasn't been touched in 10 years, field, swamp, and forest. That's where I'm gonna be doing my training. That's where I'm gonna test out my bugout bag. I was planning on posting a list of my supplies at some point, but godamn, it's gonna be till November 1st till I'm able to afford the rest. And even then, I mean I'm training with a takedown recurve, 40 to 50 pound(I only got 40 pound now but I'm ordering 50-55 pound on Nov 1) but I wanted to get a dope crossbow eventually, among other things.

I'm personally not comfortable inviting people over there off the internet. The properties been screwed with more than once. But if anybody wants to meet up and hang out so I get a vibe of who you are, and if you're cool... I'd love to have a bug out simulation over a weekend, which I will be doing A LOT. We could put in some good hours training. In fact that's what I'm gonna be doing as soon as I get paid next Friday, I'm dumping a ton of money on a lightweight tent, a dutch oven, several firesteels, 35 arrows and a katadyn hiker pro water filter. I already got a Gerber prodigy, a full tang machete(yeah I'm a machete guy, hatchets are too small and not good for combat.) a MEC backpack and a Ragim bow, so this is my starter kit.

Towards the spring I will be investing in grains and vegetables to grow, plowing a garden from the earth with my bare hands, and minimal tools. I'm also investing in bee keeping and tapping maple trees to make syrup. I will be training all through the winter and into spring(buying a -20 sleeping bag and a dope bivi sack for and even lighter BOB), as a Canadian Prepper should.

No guns aloud. Bows, compound bows, crossbows, sling shots, rock slings, knives, machetes, blow darts and whatever silent weapon you can muster is. The idea is to not be seen or heard. And if you hunt, you hunt squirrel, rabbit, or some kind of bird. No wild turkey or deer... for now.

Personally, I will be spending the majority of my time training with the bow and sling. I live in the city and was not able to join a local archery range in time so I need to get in as much training and familiarity as possible, as it is my chief firearm, if you could call it that.

Anyways anybody in southern Ontario, Toronto/Niagara/Hamilton area is interested in meeting up for a coffee and a discussion, feel free to gimme a shout.
0 x

handy

Postby handy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:03 pm

I know I am new to this but I would train in the area you are. your most likely not going to be at the farm when something and you are going to need to know what to do to know what to do in the area your living. I had the same thoughts in my head up until a little while ago, my plan is to head north to the area i know best but until i can get there i need to know how t take advantage of the area around me so that i can make it there. i like the idea of not having guns strictly because even having one with you wil draw attention. i have a hatchet a large blade knife among other smaller blades and a folding saw in my kit, all serve a certain purpose.
also now i have got my vehicle to support my plans on moving north if anything were to happen. it is fully capable of moving heavy loads as well as pushing things out of the way if need be and it is best suited for off road trails.

i also live in toronto and i know how hard it is to leave at any given time, it gets worse when the weather is bad, it gets terrible if there is a major even in town. you are going to need to plan a route to get to where you are going as well as a plan b if you cant make it there.

just my opinion if there is a flaw please let me know.
0 x

handy

Postby handy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:39 pm

train where you will be spending the most time. you do not want to end up unprepared and not be able to use your surroundings to your advantage. i also live in Toronto and it is a preppers nightmare.
0 x

Return to “Ontario”