• Advertisement

Eastern Ontario Get together - Aug 10th Larose Forest

HopeImReady
Canada

Re: eastern Ontario summer meet

Postby HopeImReady » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:53 pm

I would be up for that. Any day except July 13 would work for me. I don't have much to barter with yet, other than maybe some paracord items :) My skills are pretty generic, nothing most preppers would not already be knowledgeable about, most likely (first aid, frugal cooking). I have broached the topic of emergency preparedness with some friends, and other than their foodie interest in my dehydrating/jerky experiments :) nobody other than me is that into other aspects, so it would be nice to just talk with others of a similar mindset.
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

Adagio
Canada

Postby Adagio » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:02 am

I need paracord items. So you are good. Now I need to think of something you could use. As far as your skills are concerned, no one has it all. We are learning all the time. For me it is more about meeting and sharing with like minded folks.
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:06 am

You can bring whatever you want to the barter table, be it homemade or store got, the only thing we ask is that you don't bring a number of things for sale, there are no venders and no "sale" tables, but on the barter tables, pretty much anything goes but keep it legal folks, no firearms etc
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:42 am

Hey, that's only 2000 km away...(and I'm in Ontario too) :oops: Should I...? :? NAW !! Maybe next time... :lol:
0 x

supermag

Postby supermag » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:45 pm

where in larose forest is it normally held??
supermag
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Its at P1

http://www.prescott-russell.on.ca/image ... rendre.pdf

It has a nice covered area with a number of picnic tables, outdoor washrooms and good parking but its also very private
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Ok, things are starting to come together, how does Aug 10th, which is a sunday look for most folks, those that PM's me dates, this all works with, those that have not been in private contact with me.. does this date also work for you, feel free to answer here or by pm..

Thanks

PS, if anyone wants to bring something prepper related and do a show -tell or presentation, send me a pm.. (would need to be at the event in the afternoon time frame..
0 x

HopeImReady
Canada

Postby HopeImReady » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:51 pm

That date works for me. Thanks for organizing this :)
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:13 pm

I have heard from a number of folks privately as well, so far we have around 15 people confirmed at this time, and I am sure that as the date gets closer we will see more folks, plus every single time before we have had a few members that show up without letting me know ahead of time :)

We have a few folks have expressed a interest in showing off something or doing a demo etc.. So far, we have three offers, I would ideally like to see a total of six, so PM if you might like to do something.

We are confirmed on the swap tables, the book table and the potluck.. Everyone bring enough for yourself and a few others and we will have lots of food, we always do, there is no running water at the event, so pack like you are going on a picnic, you are to bring your own fixin's, we are preppers after all..

If possible, write out what is on the dish, just to be on the safe side but on the flip side if you have issues, ask at the event for who made what and or plan to bring your own meal that is safe for eating :) Please and thanks.
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:08 am

Going to see if my boss will give me the Monday off so that I can go.

I have not forgotten the plow
0 x

Return to “Ontario”