• Advertisement

***Looking to start a like minded community***

sweetaspie

***Looking to start a like minded community***

Postby sweetaspie » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi everyone!

Thank you for taking the time to read this topic.

We have currently purchased 50 acres of land with over 200 acres of crown land behind it 20 mins north of Huntsville. The purpose of buying this land was to have a place to stay when things in the city start to deteriorate and the economy gets worse, etc. However in order to survive and create an area where we could be self sufficient, we believe that it is better have a community of like-minded individuals working together then a family of 4 doing it alone. We are looking to get some insight and information how to move forward with this idea.
0 x

villager
Canada

Re: ***Looking to start a like minded community***

Postby villager » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Congratulations!...sweet indeed!
We will likely soon be reasonably close neighbors.
When you have made at least 3 postings, you'll be able to "PM" (private message anyone) if you want to share more details than you would here .
I'm very interested in meeting you, if we don't already know each other.
Theres' a ton of info here, and i'm happy to help in various ways, if you like.
0 x

sweetaspie

Postby sweetaspie » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi villager, That's great that there will be a like mind neighbor close by. Where abouts will you be staying? I am glad to have come across such an informative site... to be able to share ideas and concerns.
0 x

0502emkanu

Postby 0502emkanu » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:49 am

I'm in Kingston Ontario and wanting the same thing…
0 x

Ontario.Jon

Postby Ontario.Jon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:42 am

Congratulations, indeed. That's a great area to be in if you're wanting to develop real independent living.

I'm just around Orillia, so probably a little too far away to be part of the same immediate prepper community. But close enough that it's worth staying in touch and seeing what develops. Feel free to keep us posted as things develop :)
0 x

Ttiger27

Postby Ttiger27 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:25 am

Love the idea. I think if we all work together we can survive very comfortably. Nice to meet you. I'm Tony.
0 x
Old prepper with new ideas. Livin the dream. Live, Love, Laugh.
Thank God for everything.

wysard

Postby wysard » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:30 pm

great and good luck. We are looking to do the same in the next year but further up north.
0 x

Protector

Postby Protector » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi, I'm trying to do the same in my neck of the woods but it's hard to find ppl who believe in helping others.

I'm writing you this message because I want to help you in anyway I can within reason and I go from Kitchener to rouyn close to Kirkland lake every two weeks where I have 105 acres. I also have 100 acres by cochrane near crown land like you do as well as a 21sq km trapping camp on a lake with my friend and his dad.

Please call me @

And we can get to know eachother. I'm a modern survivalist of the jack spirko making. I have a wife and 4 kids, two dogs and hope to re get farm animals soon so a lady I know will take care of them in exchange for work,

Hope to hear from you soon,

Eric
0 x

singlefor20

Postby singlefor20 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:10 pm

i am 48 and have many skills

i want true friends and a place to actually live and make a difference

i have animal husbandry skills and am a master gardener and canner

i have run woodstoves cookstoves built additions and done renovations i am a serious honest man

i hurt emotionally for i have no friends or family any more i am willing to help anyone that has the place they need things done at
i can cut wood split wood stack wood and i am really interested in finding people that want and need help from someone like me

i raised my four children without a wife or help and they are gone now i just want to have friends and live
0 x

donproangler

Postby donproangler » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:19 am

Hi, I have 200 acres 40 min north of Huntsville. 75 acres of good farm land, rivers, pond and waterfall. Would love to chat. PM me
0 x

Return to “Ontario”