• Advertisement

Grey Bruce Preppers

John rico

Grey Bruce Preppers

Postby John rico » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Hey time is running out. We all tend to be individuals and private about our plans but we may need like minded individuals when TSHTF. All Grey Brucers, let's meet at a Timmies and take it from there.
0 x

Canuck
Canada

Re: Grey Bruce Preppers

Postby Canuck » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 pm

I agree with the fact that a group will fare much better than a "Lonewolf" in a STHF scenario, however I'm am like most other preppers and value my privacy.
However I would be willing to chat here on the forums and see where it may lead !

Let me start by saying that I am 53 yrs old ,and have considered TEOTWAWKI for some time, presently I have a short term supply of foods, water, and survival gear saved and in storage for a short term emergency, including backup generator wired to my electrical panel.

I know I have a lot to do to improve my chances ,but recently lost my job of many years, so my prepping and survival plans are at a temporary standstill .
0 x

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Grey Bruce is a big area...but if your close I'd be happy to meet up. Post the details here or PM me.
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Entropy

Postby Entropy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:42 am

What city?
0 x
adsum. . . aut viam inveniam aut faciam

User3
Canada

Postby User3 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:24 pm

I'd be interested.
0 x

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:44 pm

I propose Mount Forest or Mildmay....any interest?
0 x

Entropy

Postby Entropy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:38 pm

I helped set up a group thru another website. We knew each other a little before we even met. We met weekly for an online chat thru a private message system ( not available to non memebers) we worked on projects together too, made a kit list that we felt was a minimum for group standards. But we really got to see what our common goals were. We had one guy drop out shortly after the project was done. ( his goals changed when the group goals started to become clear). Another guy left and I never found out why. One moved away, one lived very far away and one got booted from the larger group ( the website we met on)

I'm not against meeting, but I'd also like to get to know the people I'm meeting too. I suggest we communicate either in here or thru emails too, to get a feel for a good fit. We have similar ideas if we are here but like any group there will be difference in why we are here, goals, politics, religion, all things that make getting along hard.

Thoughts?
0 x

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:25 pm

Sounds fair.

Can I recommend using BBM. (Blackberry Messenger). Its secure and very user friendly and you can remain completely anonymous or share as much as you want. Basically its like Whatsapp but doesnt get hacked....ever. We already have a BBM Preppers group but we can start another to correspond directly with those in the grey bruce region interested in doing something bigger.

To download the app:
http://www.bbm.com/en/

It can be downloaded to apple or android smart phones also..or to a home computer. My pin to send an invite: 2BEBFC91

PM me if any questions.
0 x

Entropy

Postby Entropy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:19 am

Sent a request. Never used bbm before. I really hope it did not wake you. Sorry working nights
0 x

Protector

Postby Protector » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 am

I'm interested and joined the BBM group
0 x

Return to “Ontario”