• Advertisement

Ontario

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Re: Ontario

Postby Denob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:13 pm

It's not exactly the way I would do it, but if it works for them all the power to them. Once set up, I would love a tour, if at all possible!
0 x

Che
Topic Leader

Postby Che » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:07 pm

He's been trying this for years. I've sat down and had a beer with him and will tell you that he is a decent guy. There were, however, a few vegans interested in the property that wanted to forbid dispatching animals. This was irrespective of doing it humanely (obviously) and within your own personal area on the property. I lost interest shortly after that.
0 x
Intelligent Survival Networking for Enhancing Knowledge and Resources
Ontario Preppers Ontario Preparedness

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:21 pm

Che wrote:He's been trying this for years. I've sat down and had a beer with him and will tell you that he is a decent guy. There were, however, a few vegans interested in the property that wanted to forbid dispatching animals. This was irrespective of doing it humanely (obviously) and within your own personal area on the property. I lost interest shortly after that.

This was along the lines of what I was thinking also. It went from a group purchase with each person having an alloted parcel and turned into to by laws on what colour roof you could have, power was iffy, paying into a group purse for public space development, what you could and could not do...it started to sound like a condominium complex with all the rules...and then I started to think it was trading all the rules and by laws of my municipality...for even more rules and regs on a plot of land I wasnt allowed to own. :)

That being said, the allure of a wide open space with people of a common cause still sounds tempting.
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Che
Topic Leader

Postby Che » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:48 pm

thecrownsown wrote:...That being said, the allure of a wide open space with people of a common cause still sounds tempting.

Sure it does but not at the cost of personal freedoms. The irony is that most people wish to pursue such communities are looking for the freedom to live the way they want not under the guise of rules from a committee - a reason why I don't think such communities would work for someone like me.
0 x
Intelligent Survival Networking for Enhancing Knowledge and Resources
Ontario Preppers Ontario Preparedness

Return to “Ontario”