• Advertisement

US elections

threestorms

Re: US elections

Postby threestorms » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:51 pm

Ah i Love Top Gear

did you see what happen when they returned and where told they can only film documentary style?
lol

peppercorn wrote:I shouldn't...I should leave it alone...I really should..

But I stumbled on this gem, and since it has "Hillary for president" in it then its topic related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKcJ-0bAHB4

You see America is getting what it deserves. When as a people your conditioned for only one action, Then why will you ever get a electoral system that works for you? You don't deserve one!! The first and only reaction your conditioned for is to have violence to anything...I know if I can get someone angry, or scared, scared works well too, then I can yank them anyway I want..

This is funny on so many levels....I had to watch it a couple times..Where do you get truck loads of young men apparently in the middle of a working day, to show up on short notice, ready to beat people to death. I couldn't likely get a ride to town in the middle of the day cause my friends are working!! and im pretty sure I couldn't find anyone who would want to go out and beat anyone up, for any reason.
And you would think these Mensa candidates would have realized they were being punked, All three guys have British accents and there are multiple film crews in plain sight., but so well conditioned are they that when the dog whistle blows.......
0 x

threestorms

Postby threestorms » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:54 pm

Another thing I found interesting is that one of Russia's pushes is to show Russians how the democratic voting system does not work and is fixed.
You may have read about Russian hackers poking around the system. I dont think they care who wins as long as they can show the system is a farse
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:19 am

I would have continued comments in this thread, but sometimes others have a better clarity of thought than I, So I have searched and searched but I can not find the clip of Carl Sagan reciting his speech on the "bamboozle". I know it is somewhere in " A candle in the dark" but I cant find it by itself.I have seen it on you tube by itself once, years ago, but not sense, My google foo is poor..........C5 had good google foo maybe he will check in, or if anyone else can find it.... point me to it, it is so appropriate to the thread... I remember he was talking by the sea,the ocean to his back, maybe a 3 minute clip at most, likely less.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

ottawa613
Canada

Postby ottawa613 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:25 am

Everything you need to know
Vdare.com
Theoccidentalobserver.net
Amren.com

Boldly going where the mainstream press won't.
0 x
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fail, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:22 am

Well it will be over tomorrow, and that's good. some friends have been going all squirrely, lately.
I find the number who vote far more interesting than who, or what wins. It gives a rough percentage of the number of "marks". Since I couldn't find the clip from Carl Sagan, I submit this two part from Michael Shermer its not political, its about the con, sure its done for money in these clips, but the principle is the same, just done for votes.The second clip is very telling about human nature and how thoroughly he was Captured by the bamboozle, even at the end after guy has been told its a con...he still thinks he is holding a envelope with 3000 in it..too funny....and that will be America on Wednesday, I just laugh, and laugh. Meet the New boss, same as the old boss, Enjoy..work place friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooSJ7C_ww-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur3nMiP-XV0

Seriously, the system to its core is faulty, and why you have (if your American) too choose between sociopaths is not even being discussed.
I wouldn't let either of these two in my house even with the good silver put away.
By the way, even at the state level 3rd independent candidates are disadvantaged , alternative parties have ballot-access laws, enacted since 1916 by Democratic and Republican legislators in many states.In some states, alternative parties are effectively banned from participation.
The two parties solidified their grip in 1988, when the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) seized control of the debates from the League of Women Voters. Contrary to its “nonpartisan” label, the CPD is run by Democratic and Republican representatives for the benefit of their own candidates.
The CPD adopted its poll-based criteria to determine participation in the debates after the 1998 gubernatorial election in Minnesota. Independent candidate Jesse Ventura was dismissed as “not viable,” with a tiny percentage in the polls until he was allowed to participate in a debate. His poll numbers shot up and he went on to win.
When the CPD witnessed what happened in Minnesota, it raised the requirement to 15 percent in the polls in 2000 to spare Al Gore and George W. Bush from facing Ralph Nader and Pat Buchanan in the debates.
The CPD’s rules aren’t meant to bar “unviable” candidates, they’re designed to keep alternative-party candidates from becoming viable.
Its a two party racket....and they are both bought and and paid for by the same interests.

This two or even three party system(in my country) is a full on joke..one notch above having a King. Reforms like ranked choice voting (RCV) and proportional representation are needed, and how is pretty much giving these socio paths, a 4 year free run in the USA, or 5 like we do here still considered a "thing" to do. People put choker chains on there dogs to keep them behaving...I want one on every elected representative, and I want to be able to yank it.

On a separate note I have never seen such panic among the governing class, Never have I seen a still sitting president campaning like this for his replacement, Unprecedented, I would be voting trump just to spite the interference.
0 x

jayne
Canada

Postby jayne » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi Peppercorn,

On a separate note I have never seen such panic among the governing class, Never have I seen a still sitting president campaning like this for his replacement, Unprecedented, I would be voting trump just to spite the interference.

I agree.

It is shameful how biased the media has become. They aren't even trying to conceal their favoritism. CNN has become the Clinton News Network, and there is proof that at least one of their reporters was feeding the debate questions to Hillary's people in advance.

The fact that the Bush's (Sr and Jr) have said they will be voting for Hillary and not the Republican nominee is shocking. It goes to show that, in the USA at least, there isn't really any difference between the two parties. They are one "political class" who consider it their RIGHT to rule the people. How dare the people have an opinion they weren't spoon fed by their "betters."

The fact that Obama is campaigning for Hillary is unpresidented in modern politics. The sitting president has always stayed out of the race. Obama has an unfair advantage, being able to jet around the country in a tax payer funded plane is wrong.

The thing a lot of pundits don't get is that there are many people who are tired of the whole system. Their votes are not necessarily going to Trump because they like him. They are using their votes to "burn it all down." They want to break the existing system, which they feel (rightly in my opinion) has betrayed them. Obama claims that things have got better since 2008. However, when you talk to Americans and you look at the number of people on government assistance, who are not counted as unemployed because they have been without a job for more than a year, you quickly realise that things have not got better.

There have been a few occasions where the electronic benefit cards (EBC) have stopped working for a day or two. This has led to riots. People are just days away from starving.

Unfortunately, whomever is chosen...Trump or Clinton...this is not the end of the issue.

- Jayne
0 x
Mal: Jayne, how many weapons you plan on bringing? You only got the two arms.
Jayne: I just get excitable as to choice - like to have my options open.

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:14 pm

I like the fact your referencing skeptics/logicians like Shermer and Sagan...but perhaps for your own political opinions? Its a big jump to go from how they explain gimmicks, and expose charlatans to saying the whole political system is rigged...

There are definitely some criticisms of every voting system...including our own in Canada...But I think the overall pessimism, and cynicism from this election stems from the mudslinging..and just the tone and poor quality of the debates and how both main candidates have conducted themselves. Virtually no discussion on policy, economics, debt and defecit...but instead just slamming each other with negative adds, insults and digging up dirt on each other hoping something will stick (whether true or not) in the realms of social media zealots....

I'm just glad this election cycle is over. Its taken way to much air time in the media in Canada while other stories go unreported...

My opinion...is the same as some guy I heard on TV a few weeks back: "300 million people and these are the best two we could come up with to run the country?" ;)
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:10 am

Either way this goes, the American people come out short.
Neither candidate has made much reference at all to the real problems.
It's been a smear campaign from the beginning on both sides.
IMHO...Trump doesn't have the foggiest idea how international trade works, or why you can't just simply claim bankruptcy and reset everything without consequence.
On the other hand, Clinton has way too much suspicious activity in her history to be trusted with a country, and don't get me started on the dangers of familial leadership!
Neither candidate is suitable, and the outcome is bleak at best.
Is the system rigged? Darned right it is, else Paul Ryan could not have threatened to get Trump ousted as nominee.
Check out John Oliver's explanation of how delegates work for the nominations (just ignore the obvious democratic favoritism)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S2G8jhhUHg[/youtube]
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:31 am

I had seen that clip before, yes just another example of how "gamed" the system is.Oh well this is going to go on like this forever...Americans are thoroughly captured by the "bamboozle" or "con" if you prefer. I wont be staying up late to see how this Season Finale ends, I will wake up to find the answer..but its not looking good for Clinton...so sad, it was her turn too! I may be giggling in my sleep.

Jayne, good to see someone else noticed this unprecedented manipulation by a sitting president.
You may very well have called this right... "They are using their votes to "burn it all down." They want to break the existing system"
But little do they know....that wont happen, a short term (4 year) Paralysis is the best hoped for outcome with Trump.
Too bad cause they real do need to burn it all down, Madam Guillotine Style
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:56 am

Well everyone should be sober by now, Who can say it better than Mel Brooks.
I must say the tailoring is something I look forward to, and with Trump in charge I am sure that will be the style...well for the women.Trump didn't bring fascism to America, its been endemic,now its just out in the open..America has come out of the closet, I cant wait to see what the parades will be like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmYIo7bcUw

and on a lighter note, Monty python.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M
0 x

Return to “Ontario”