• Advertisement

Alternative Cooking Source?

HopeImReady
Canada

Re: Alternative Cooking Source?

Postby HopeImReady » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:50 pm

Goldie, where did you find your fireplace crane? I have been looking at getting one. Did you have it built into the fireplace surround?
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

PaleSun

Postby PaleSun » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 pm

For summer time I'm building an outdoor kitchen. This is a long project.

* An open firepit against a natural flat rock wall. I dug in some granite slabs to make a tandoori oven below the ashes. The swinging pot-crane is just a piece of street-pipe pounded in and cemented near ground level.

I'd like to add a home made rocket stove and eventually a cobb oven for baking.

cheers :)
0 x

Wayne
Canada

Postby Wayne » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:25 pm

WarBoar wrote:Hey guys. Just wondering what you guys use or plan to use when the power goes out?
I have a wood stove but that can be to much when it's warm out or just a waste when I'm cooking something small. A few months ago I purchased a BUSHBOX XL. ...Check it out on YouTube, tons of reviews.

That's a great stove for hiking. It's pricy though. For semi-portability (vehicle) you might want to look at getting a rocket stove. StoveTec has a good one and are basically indestructible. I have six 25 pound bottles of propane for a two burner BBQ, an additional two burner stove, a large solar cooker, a fire pit, white box alcohol stove and have a StoveTec on the way.
0 x

Return to “Ontario”