• Advertisement

Recommended Alternate Locations in Ottawa Area

L Wilson
Canada

Recommended Alternate Locations in Ottawa Area

Postby L Wilson » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:38 pm

When SHTF is more or less confirmed, as someone living in Ottawa, can I get some recommendations for realistic places I could drive to with minimal extra gas, to established a more stable residence? My mother is currently the only one who would be able to afford, say, land rental, but she seems pretty hesitant to embrace prepping to that extent. What about renting a cabin or something, the instant things start to show definitive signs of spiralling downward? Are there possible setups that are closer to farm areas?
0 x

HopeImReady

Re: Recommended Alternate Locations in Ottawa Area

Postby HopeImReady » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:13 am

You could look at some of the cabins or places on the Quebec side, if you speak French..
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

Adagio
Canada

Re: Recommended Alternate Locations in Ottawa Area

Postby Adagio » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:17 am

The quebec side is indeed an option. I do speak French but i am always amazed at how much English is spoken here. It's true I live closer to the ontario border but I do travel to Montreal on a regular basis and even though there is a higher proportion of French speaking individuals there is a fair amount of English spoken there as well. Especially within the tourist community. I suspect if you are considering renting a cabin you'll have no problem with the language.
1 x

Return to “Ontario”