• Advertisement

Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Dragonwriter
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:53 am
Location: Searchmont, Ontario
x 15
x 10
Contact:
Canada

Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Postby Dragonwriter » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Does anyone in or near Sault Ste. Marie know where I can buy five gallon food grade buckets?
I thought Home Hardware sold them, but the website says no results found. So do they sell them, and the buckets just aren't listed as food grade or...? I know there are places online I can buy them, but I'd prefer to walk into a store to buy them next time I'm in town.
Thanks in advance.
0 x
“...there's no harm in hoping for the best as long as you're prepared for the worst.”
[i]Stephen King[/i]

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Back in AB, Yeah!!!
x 12
x 51
Canada

Re: Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Postby helicopilot » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:19 pm

I bought some at Home Depot they are food grade. But the lids don't close well. Canadian tire also used to have pails and they were food grade. If you just need a few, you might be willing to pay the fee $. If you need a few, or a regular basis, maybe you want to make friend with a local restaurant or bakery that just want to get rid of them.
1 x

Dragonwriter
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:53 am
Location: Searchmont, Ontario
x 15
x 10
Contact:
Canada

Re: Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Postby Dragonwriter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:06 am

Thanks helicopilot!

helicopilot wrote:I bought some at Home Depot they are food grade. But the lids don't close well. Canadian tire also used to have pails and they were food grade. If you just need a few, you might be willing to pay the fee $. If you need a few, or a regular basis, maybe you want to make friend with a local restaurant or bakery that just want to get rid of them.
0 x
“...there's no harm in hoping for the best as long as you're prepared for the worst.”
[i]Stephen King[/i]

HopeImReady
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:47 pm
x 63
x 21
Canada

Re: Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Postby HopeImReady » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:37 am

I find that Home Hardware sells them - not always listed online but each store usually has 5 or so.
1 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

Dragonwriter
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:53 am
Location: Searchmont, Ontario
x 15
x 10
Contact:
Canada

Re: Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Postby Dragonwriter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:26 pm

I've done a bit more digging and found you're right. Those buckets are on the list for the next time I go to town, with the lids. But I will be replacing the lids with the ones from Briden next month. Then the plan is to start storing dry pasta, rice and beans.

HopeImReady wrote:I find that Home Hardware sells them - not always listed online but each store usually has 5 or so.
1 x
“...there's no harm in hoping for the best as long as you're prepared for the worst.”
[i]Stephen King[/i]

henry
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:20 pm
x 7

Re: Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Postby henry » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:28 pm

If there is store in your area called BULK STORE , they will give you free buckets, they get their food in.In 3 wks they gave us over 20 buckets of different sizes. Supper good seal on cower.
Henry
1 x

morningcoffee
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 pm
Location: Edmonton
x 35
x 14
Canada

Re: Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Postby morningcoffee » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:11 pm

Briden Solutions in Calgary carries food grade buckets which can be fitted with gamma lids. I am sure that other preparedness companies carry buckets as well. I got a couple of buckets from a restaurant but they had contained pickles and the smell was imbedded in the bucket. They could only be used for "like" products as rice or pasta would have been tainted from the pickles.
1 x
"It's better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret"

User avatar
PrepHer
Posts: 802
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:09 am
Location: Eastern Ontario
x 12
x 16
Canada

Re: Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Postby PrepHer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:28 pm

I've bought some real nice food grade buckets (about 3 or 4 gal) from Bulk Barn for $2-3. Look for the ones with the gasket seal that twist on - best.
2 x

Dragonwriter
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:53 am
Location: Searchmont, Ontario
x 15
x 10
Contact:
Canada

Re: Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Postby Dragonwriter » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:27 am

So noted, I'll add those to my BB list! Still wish they carried proper cornmeal...
Dragon

PrepHer wrote:I've bought some real nice food grade buckets (about 3 or 4 gal) from Bulk Barn for $2-3. Look for the ones with the gasket seal that twist on - best.
0 x
“...there's no harm in hoping for the best as long as you're prepared for the worst.”
[i]Stephen King[/i]

Dragonwriter
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:53 am
Location: Searchmont, Ontario
x 15
x 10
Contact:
Canada

Re: Seeking Food Grade Buckets

Postby Dragonwriter » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:30 am

I got a couple of 5 gallon food grade buckets from Home Depot the other day, but I'll absolutely be getting those Briden lids! A few #10 cans of stuff as well.
Dragon

morningcoffee wrote:Briden Solutions in Calgary carries food grade buckets which can be fitted with gamma lids. I am sure that other preparedness companies carry buckets as well. I got a couple of buckets from a restaurant but they had contained pickles and the smell was imbedded in the bucket. They could only be used for "like" products as rice or pasta would have been tainted from the pickles.
0 x
“...there's no harm in hoping for the best as long as you're prepared for the worst.”
[i]Stephen King[/i]


Return to “Ontario”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest