• Advertisement

Eastern Ottawa and Area Summer Get Together Aug 12th

peppercorn

Re: Eastern Ottawa and Area Summer Get Together Aug 12th

Postby peppercorn » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:25 am

Your good, but I believe farmgal has to sign in again before your messages leave your out box and go to her in box. think of it as a closed loop system that's "open" right now.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

HopeImReady
Canada

Postby HopeImReady » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:02 am

Ok, makes sense thx
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:07 am

It worked hopeimready, I had just not been back online to pick it up and read it :)
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

PrepHer
Canada

Postby PrepHer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:48 pm

farmgal wrote:ok messages sent in pm to both of you..

Thx. I found my message from you Farmgal in my email Junk Folder! Check there everyone!
1 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Hello Folks.. Everyone who has written on this post or PM, I have confirmed and sent you the event address in the past week and or today depending. Please let me know if you did not get it and you were expecting to..
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:35 pm

For those that own chickens and are coming to the event, at the end of the Protein from Thin Air talk, we will be gifting away one Empty but prepared bucket at the end of the talk.

* it will be our demo bucket :)
1 x

PrepHer
Canada

Postby PrepHer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi Farmgal, I was wondering if any other information about the meet on Saturday has been sent. All I received from you was a link to the location. Is there an agenda? Start time? Other information? Thx.
PrepHer
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Copied from Page one of this thread..

This schedule is subject to change, we will do our best to keep it to this but life happens

Our gathering will run from 9am to 4pm (with visiting in the parking lot afterwards more then welcome), there is a park off the hall for anyone that needs to stretch their legs and get a breath of fresh air. Lots of parking available.

9 to 9:30 - Setup an coffee- meet and greet

9:30 to 10am- BSFL ( Black Solider Fly Larva) Protein from thin air including a hands on look at a bucket (no flies or larva will be at the event)

10am 10:45- Edible Landscaping -Growing food in plain site

11am to 11:45 - Rabbits 101 -No live rabbits will be there but there will be a stuffy to use in a hands on part of it.

12-Potluck or bring your own lunch -your choice.. the normal rules apply, Bring your own meal only, or bring a dish for the potluck that is shared with everyone, please bring your own dishes, plates, cups and so forth, the only difference is that this year, we can put things into the fridge if required.

1pm- kombucha tea -including baby scoobies to take home if you would like one (there will be a limit on how many are brought to the event)

1:30 pm - Rennet -Traditional Animal and Plant based Rennet

2pm to 3:45pm - Basic Cheese Making- Yogurt, soft farmers cheese -Paneer

4pm, draws for door prizes or baskets (you must be there to win, nothing will be shipped or saved)

Clean up and visiting in the parking lot is welcome. There are a couple picnic tables out in the park so you are welcome to head over and have a visit with folks.

The day itself is jam packed and will be moving at a very brisk pace, the main presentation will be taking place in the main hall, if folks have questions and want follow up and its not the same person, there is room for folks to slip away and have a quiet chat towards the front hall. Bring your journal-paper and pens as there will be a ton of information being presented.
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Updated a month ago on Page two of the thread.. with a few changes to note..

So folks the meet is only a month away and we are working tirelessly on getting things ready. We have had to make a few changes to the line-up in order to fit everything in.

The Komboucha presentation is off the agenda to make room for Rabbits 101. However, if participants are interested scoobies (including the recipe for feeding them) they will be available at a minimal price.

Lunch is no longer going to be a potluck. We will have fruits and desserts for the lunch hour available at no cost and coffee and tea will be available throughout the day at no charge. So bring your lunch with you.

This year there is no official barter table. Although bartering can be done off to the side if you’re interested but you may wish to arrange any bartering with folks before the event via pms.

We have received a number of prize donations. The local 4H club has donated 30 pollinating flower packages to be handed out to the first 30 attendees. The presenter of Edible Landscaping -Growing food in plain site has donated one of her books to the cause. She will have others available for purchase at the end of the program. Well worth the $20. A basket of handmade soap, lotions and creams will also be up for grabs and so many more prizes sure to tickle your fancy. We are still accepting prize donations, so if you’re so inclined we would be more than happy to include them on the prize table. Just send farmgal or myself a pm to let us know.

As you know last year it rained like cats and dogs and even though we managed quite well we decided that renting a hall was the way to go. This way rain or shine we are a go without the inconvenience. Up to now all the events were for paid for from out of our own pockets and we decided that this year we would set up a donation envelope to help us along. It is by no means mandatory but it sure would help.

Remember the address is not being posted on line. Only confirmed participants will be provided with the physical address via private message to Farmgal or myself. For those members who have not achieved the 3 post minimum to enable the private message function, I encourage you to post a little something on the board. P.S. Farmgal as been holding off sending out the message regarding the address until we have a few more confirmed participants.

I’m so looking forward to seeing and chatting with everyone.
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Hi Prepher, I hope that the two posts will answer your questions in detail.. if you have any others, please feel to ask them and I will do my best to answer.
0 x

Return to “Ontario”