• Advertisement

Preppers in Norfolk County??

Eggmanvinny
Canada

Preppers in Norfolk County??

Postby Eggmanvinny » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Hey All,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

My wife, myself and 2 grandsons live in the Delhi, Ontario area, old tobacco country. We moved here from the city July 2015 as our first major step in becoming more self sustaining. We bought a 17 acres with a humble abode and a barn. We have built a small inventory of livestock consisting of pigs, goats, chickens and ducks. Needless to say this keeps us pretty busy and we are fortunate enough that my wife can stay home to tend to duties on the homestead. We are in a constant state of trying to maneuver ourselves into a position where we will hopefully stand a better chance of survival with what is approaching.

I have had the privilege of meeting some very good people that have become our friends and nieghbours over the past year and a bit. Unfortunately I have not met any like minded folk, as you well know it can be a difficult subject to break the ice with some people without them thinking you to be a bit off the wall. I am interested in meeting and networking with like minded individuals in our area, to discuss common interests and goals. I would hope that this could lead to a situation that we could benefit and assist each other, through trade, pooling of knowledge and trading of skills.

Look forward to further discussion

Vinny :)
1 x

RachelM
Canada

Re: Preppers in Norfolk County??

Postby RachelM » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:55 pm

Welcome! I'm in Niagara but I've been through Delhi a few times on my way to St. Thomas. The country down there is just gorgeous and a great place to have a homestead! I find it easier to introduce the idea as "emergency preparedness" rather than the term prepping. That and homesteading or self-sufficiency.
0 x

Eggmanvinny
Canada

Postby Eggmanvinny » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Hey Rachel, Yea, we love it. It's a bit of a hidden gem. Much like yourself in Niagara we are in a sort of micro climate. The temp is usually 3-4 degrees C warmer than Toronto, Kitchener corridor. I have started learning about Carolinian forests which prior to moving here didn't even know about. They have some nice forest preserves in this area where one can go trail riding, ATV'ing and hunting. Although I find I don't have time to do much of any of those things with projects and chores on the homestead, not complaining, just the way it is.

Yes, I use the term self-sufficiency in public conversations. It's socially acceptable.

Vinny :)
0 x

HopeImReady
Canada

Postby HopeImReady » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:06 am

Welcome Eggmanvinny :) There are a bunch of us further east as well.
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

Jukey
Canada

Postby Jukey » Mon May 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi Vinny,
I am in the Tillsonburg area, quite close to you. There are a few of us like minded people around in the area. Would love to get in touch with you.
0 x

Grouchyprepper

Postby Grouchyprepper » Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 am

I'm game for a meet up
not available on May 6 or 7 , May 27 or 28
Good to go any weekend in June
0 x

RapidSurvival
Canada

Postby RapidSurvival » Tue May 02, 2017 6:20 pm