Our families progress!

Protector
Canada

Our families progress!

Postby Protector » Sat May 13, 2017 1:25 am

Protector
Re: Where to bug out/ Community

PostFri May 12, 2017 8:16 pm

I have to keep the faith! Eventually somebody great will see what we're doing and want to be part of what we're doing.we got one family on board but distance is a real issue.

We're near Cochrane Ontario trying to live like our great grandfathers did adding anything useful from modern society we can afford.

We have over two weeks of water for six/ well/ water purification filter and tablets

Staples to last many months. Some things I get on sale like rice. Years.

We have two German pointers/ rabbits/ chickens/ quails and ducks. So meat is abundant.

We're building/ buying materials to buy more garden beds/ buildings to get more perrenial food sources.

We have over forty cords of wood and will have sixty by the end of this year. We're heat/ cooking sustainable for 3 years soon. I also have a hundred acres so getting more is a non issue.

I have a trapping cabin on 21sq kms with a few others

I have a strong young family and want my group to never have to worry about the basics.

If your in the abitibi/ Cochrane area or your like me willing to travel to meet/ greet/ maybe change your life.

Let's talk!
Eric houa at hotmail . Com
1 x
Don't let fear control you!

CanMan
Canada

Re: Our families progress!

Postby CanMan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Hello
I have been looking to join a collaborative effort. All I have found is weird communes lol.
PM me if you are still looking for like minded individuals.
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi CanMan, you need to have at least 3 post on the system before the Pm system will open up to you.. so if you want them to Pm you, you will need to make at least two more posts before they will be able to do so
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

CanMan
Canada

Postby CanMan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Ok. Thank You.
0 x

Protector
Canada

Postby Protector » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:31 am

Update: We expanded our garden to over 2000sq ft in raised beds. Planted strawberries, asparagus, blackberries, sea buckthorn and got another gardening year under our belt in zone 2. I'm want to start creating my own wood chips/ 85% green leaves and branches to start back to eden gardening next year. We redid the house and wood shed with metal and combined with the garage have an impressive water collection system envisioned for the near future. I'm getting my buddies cache next we meet and I've already started mine at his place. Nice to know if he comes that he will have some supplies in place to help feed his family
1 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Good for you, that is a great overview and update.. everything posted will go a long way.. good for you on the gardens and all plants put in and for learning to use your chips and leaves etc. If you are planning on adding in any smaller livestock and being in Zone 2 may I recommend that you look into tree hay and see if you have any tree's that you could start cutting this winter to create the working burls on for in the future if you need to do so :) if you don't need it for critters, you can use it in your garden process for increased mass.
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Protector
Canada

Postby Protector » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:15 am

Never heard of tree hay before; I'll look into it thanks. We got a few new additions here or on the way: Big buddy heater with conversion hose for 20lb propane tanks/ lots of small 1lb tanks/ 2 large ones/ plug for fan and filter/ 300 watt pure sine wave inverter for van and 11 ham radios. 3 for my MAG members family/ 6 to put away for shielding and 2 for everyday use on the land/ road. Communication is key to staying safe. Rapidsurvival.ca has good service and prices. His ham radios have 8 watts and 3800 batteries.
0 x

Protector
Canada

Postby Protector » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:07 am

We also upped our life insurance and got 28 decease insurance and life insurance for the kids. Yes this is VERY important prepping. Big salary dies the wife will not be able to make it. She needs at least 50-70% of your salary for ten years. Wife dies and the man will either quit his job in sorrow or need to hire a nanny at $50,000 a year. If a kid gets leukemia somebodies got to take care of this kid 24/7. It would be normal to be so messed up both parents can't work. Also this $ is useful to get treatment in the states. Why life insurance for kids. If one dies your going to be messed up for a long time. Best to have some money live while you learn to live again. Kids are usually very healthy young so it's easy to get insurance. Get insurance that is paid off in 18-20yrs or better yet pay it off in a lump sum if you can and safeguard your families future. If you miss a payment; they can make you redo health checks which is why paying it off in a lump sum is much cheaper/ safer thing to do. 8000-10,000 is nothing to safeguard a kids future. Government gives you enough to pay a loan per kid on the 20th thanks to Trudeau. Do the same for the grandkids and every generation has a good start in life. Somebodies got to give it all so that future generations can do well. Plus it's cool to be that man in his families history. Also upped our payments from 216 to 516 or abouts and our mortgage will be paid off in five years!
1 x

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:47 pm

Don't forget that upon death the Government takes a massive cut on most investments or assets. They call it a tax..I think its a shakedown. Things like RRSP's, homes, etc. will be severely cut into by the government. Its good to consider this as we all age...
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 pm

You two arnt making sense to me....what inheritance tax? Canada doesn't have a inheritance tax that I know of. A Province might as I don't know each provinces policies. I thought I heard Ontario might have a very small one but it would be the exception in Canada if it does. Estates are wrapped up upon death just as if the person was alive and had sold their assets, capital gains are paid on assets, yes but that is not a inheritance tax, just the normal tax on a form of profit. If I am wrong please find something to point to and I will read it.
https://retirehappy.ca/estate-inheritance-tax/

Insurance, really? for medically necessary things? First good on you for being able to afford extra private insurance, I have no problem with that and if your situation allows for that great! that is not the case for everyone, not for most people and should not be needed in any developed society, You hit the nail right on the head when you say that insurance companies can make you redo health checks if you miss a payment, they can dramatically up your rates, they can deny you coverage if they declare a condition pre existing, or even find a error or omission you made, They can cap your benefits, dictate drug coverage, or even at their discretion dictate what doctors or hospital you may use.
The land of Private insurance for medical care is just down south. No other developed nation still operates that way. That nation flat lined in life expectancy a decade ago, while other nations including our own advanced, we live on average 3 years longer than a American. For 2015 and 2016 US life expectancy declined, that's unheard of in the developed world, data is not in for 2017 yet but I bet it will be the same.
I am just saying if you can afford extra coverage great, but a better long term strategy for everyone is to advocate for better health care coverage, and more inclusive coverage at that, like some basic dental.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Return to “Ontario”