• Advertisement

2008...Again...Um...Alert...I guess?...

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Re: 2008...Again...Um...Alert...I guess?...

Postby thecrownsown » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:11 pm

tradesman wrote:
Denob wrote:Hey, I'm not looking for a fight or debate...
just wondering which "elite" you have witnessed doing what.
I have no misconceptions about the economy...it's always been just a matter of time and how long politicians can make it work before it collapses.
But again, it is YOU that mentions the "elite" doing something, so I ask...what have YOU PERSONALLY seen?
And no, I don't accept answers like "do your own research" or "the writing is on the wall".
You claim that someone is doing something so I assume you have proof with your own eyes and not just regurgitating the same old stuff that the alarmists have been trumpeting for decades.
I'm open to the idea, but only if you can provide proof of the elites and their life rafts.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/20 ... 51114.html
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/r ... y_01202015
http://www.silverdoctors.com/bundesbank ... he-ny-fed/
The elites are doing something....
Here is your proof.
If my post was about Nasa saying it's not when a solar flare will hit the earth, but when! Would you be asking proof and eye witness accounts?
If I post that I planted tomatoes in my garden, would you ask proof from eye witnesses too?
Since when are we slandered and ridiculed and asked to bring forth proof and witnesses on a prepper forum.
The elites are heading for their rafts is just an expression on an example taken from a movie...geese!
Get over it.
Again the Message is the key! 'Look for the signs'

Who are the elites?

Are those websites a reliable source of info? That beforeitsnews site also talks about asteroids about to hit earth in September directly on USA..Jade Helm... and they have a prophet.....and that prophet seems to have a real bone to pick with the USA?

I dont think your being slandered or ridiculed...but...just cause its on the net doesnt make it true. I could find a dozen sites saying that Aliens are taking over.... and it would make it no more authentic....the problem with the internet is its still the wild west and anyone who wants to broadcast anything with virtually no chance of reprisal for lying can do so.

No one is questioning prepping...and kudos to you for being prepared.

If you take a look at more mainline media sources including BNN, and yes...even the CBC...whats happening in the economy both in Canada, North America and the World...we are in interesting times for sure. We dont need to go looking for excitement in the dark corners of the net...its playing out in front of us right now in plain view. New international banking system, American economy is now back on top growing faster than China (at least for the short term which Canada should reap a short term reward from), China is pulling back and letting the bubble burst now instead of waiting until its really big....stock markets are taking major hits as the ship tries to right itself....

Interesting times indeed!
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:08 pm

thecrownsown wrote:
tradesman wrote:
Denob wrote:Hey, I'm not looking for a fight or debate...
just wondering which "elite" you have witnessed doing what.
I have no misconceptions about the economy...it's always been just a matter of time and how long politicians can make it work before it collapses.
But again, it is YOU that mentions the "elite" doing something, so I ask...what have YOU PERSONALLY seen?
And no, I don't accept answers like "do your own research" or "the writing is on the wall".
You claim that someone is doing something so I assume you have proof with your own eyes and not just regurgitating the same old stuff that the alarmists have been trumpeting for decades.
I'm open to the idea, but only if you can provide proof of the elites and their life rafts.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/20 ... 51114.html
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/r ... y_01202015
http://www.silverdoctors.com/bundesbank ... he-ny-fed/
The elites are doing something....
Here is your proof.
If my post was about Nasa saying it's not when a solar flare will hit the earth, but when! Would you be asking proof and eye witness accounts?
If I post that I planted tomatoes in my garden, would you ask proof from eye witnesses too?
Since when are we slandered and ridiculed and asked to bring forth proof and witnesses on a prepper forum.
The elites are heading for their rafts is just an expression on an example taken from a movie...geese!
Get over it.
Again the Message is the key! 'Look for the signs'

Who are the elites?

Are those websites a reliable source of info? That beforeitsnews site also talks about asteroids about to hit earth in September directly on USA..Jade Helm... and they have a prophet.....and that prophet seems to have a real bone to pick with the USA?

I dont think your being slandered or ridiculed...but...just cause its on the net doesnt make it true. I could find a dozen sites saying that Aliens are taking over.... and it would make it no more authentic....the problem with the internet is its still the wild west and anyone who wants to broadcast anything with virtually no chance of reprisal for lying can do so.

If you take a look at more mainline media sources including BNN, and yes...even the CBC...whats happening in the economy both in Canada, North America and the World...we are in interesting times for sure. We dont need to go looking for excitement in the dark corners of the net...its playing out in front of us right now in plain view. New international banking system, American economy is now back on top growing faster than China (at least for the short term which Canada should reap a short term reward from), China is pulling back and letting the bubble burst now instead of waiting until its really big....stock markets are taking major hits as the ship tries to right itself....

Interesting times indeed!

No, there is no slander or ridicule intended, I merely want people to check into their sources.
The article pointed out at Beforeitsnews does in fact have reference to "prophesies" and "biblical signs". How can this article be taken seriously?
The second link from SHTFPlan, was written by Marc Slavo, a rightwing activist who has been sounding the "time has run out" alarm for over 3 years now and references James Cameron's move to New Zealand as his only example of proof.
Now let's take a look at the Silver Doctors...this is from their about page...
"It started with two doctors and one dream, educating the masses on the value of hard assets including gold and especially silver."
It sure isn't completely lost on me that they also own SDBullion dot com which sells...you guessed it, silver and gold.

The problem behind all of this is that the once truth touting alternative media are now clearly pushing their own agenda (sales, sales, sales) as badly, or even worse than the mainstream media the so vehemently denounce.
0 x

tradesman

Postby tradesman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Interesting times indeed![/quote]
No, there is no slander or ridicule intended, I merely want people to check into their sources.
The article pointed out at Beforeitsnews does in fact have reference to "prophesies" and "biblical signs". How can this article be taken seriously?
The second link from SHTFPlan, was written by Marc Slavo, a rightwing activist who has been sounding the "time has run out" alarm for over 3 years now and references James Cameron's move to New Zealand as his only example of proof.
Now let's take a look at the Silver Doctors...this is from their about page...
"It started with two doctors and one dream, educating the masses on the value of hard assets including gold and especially silver."
It sure isn't completely lost on me that they also own SDBullion dot com which sells...you guessed it, silver and gold.

The problem behind all of this is that the once truth touting alternative media are now clearly pushing their own agenda (sales, sales, sales) as badly, or even worse than the mainstream media the so vehemently denounce.[/quote]

There you go again. What is the message? The elite are doing what? There doing something....the tree articles talk about Germany, China and Russia preparing for an eventual financial crisis by repatriating there gold. None of the sources are making this up, it's a fact.
So if you want to play this game, you'll play alone.
Keep your head in the sand and wait for your credible sources to inform you on the news at 6:00
I'm done posting on your forums.
There's no point on sharing info with you, your going to keep picking at the seems just to discredit the posts.
I'm deleting my all my previous technical posts since your a know it all, you will better off without any help or contributions on my part.
Stupid me wanting to open your eyes on various subjects crucial to serious preppers.
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:26 pm

OddDuck wrote:Yes. Just had a visit from someone who lives in China and is moving out. The factories are being shut down and moved out as well. Indonesia, Thailand, and others are taking over. The cost of living in China along with the wage demands have gotten too high. Our friend moved to China because his money would last twice as long. Now he has sold out and is moving back to Taiwan for the same reasons.

An interesting point...I buy product from China for resale (I know, I know, but it's a living!).
Over the past few months I've noticed that my PO's go to China, but product is coming from other countries such as Netherlands, Indonesia, and a couple others.
The only real difference to me is shipping time. China had logistics set up like a fine watch. Now that product is coming from other sources...well delivery times are suffering. Don't get me wrong...this is more than just waiting longer for product. I have to increase my minimum levels in order to keep product in stock, which means more money tied up!
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:24 am

Fore anyone that missed it, Today is being referred to as Black Monday in the stock market with the Dow dropping over a thousand points in early trading and settling at a loss of 588.

The reasons quoted are china slowdown

"When the U.S. markets did open, the Dow plunged 1,089 points during the opening minutes of trading. If the Dow would have stayed at that level, it would have been the worst single day stock market crash in U.S. history by a wide margin.

Instead, by the end of the day it only turned out to be the 8th worst day ever."
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

oldmanprepper
Canada

Postby oldmanprepper » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:46 am

Ya,Im thinking 08 all over again.The difference is we cant lower interest rates this time.Im thinking more money printing is all we got left.Kieser said on RT about a month ago that he would bet anyone a million bucks that QE 4 would happen before interest rates go up ever again.LOL,I believe him.I think unless there are ALOT of haircuts,the next time interest rates go up,we will be using another currency.Just sayin.On the upside,if realestate prices fall,and you can keep your job,there will be the possibility of getting a cottage or small hobby farm in an out of the way spot.(that's what I'm hoping for.I just don't see how you fix a debt problem with more debt.Final thought,I am led to believe that 6,thats rite,6!! companies are responsible for the majority of the growth on the stock board in NY.Thats a mind blower.I understand that they just borrow money at %0 and buy there own stocks,causing them to go up which means bigger bonuses.Does anyone else see this as unsustainable?LOL
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:12 am

Tradesman, chill....being questioned, or having ideas challenged is good, usually fleshes out better info. I always say challenge me, challenge my idea....I don't mind, and it doesn't make me angry...I am suspicious of those who don't want what they say questioned, or cant take a challenge to a thought. Take a break... and relax, be happy.

C5 said, Someone has pointed out that China is really really big, right?

Yes, others are as well, but as a single monolithic block (for the most part) they are the largest. I was reading about how they did their census, this was maybe 10 15 years back, and at the time their margin of error was at least 10 % a population of 1.3 billion....think about this..............populatation of north America...300-330million or so.........let it sink in....... We are a rounding error to them, I am not even going to talk about India or other geographic areas, and this was no issue or problem for our way of life and western consumer society at all for certainly the last 100 years, longer yet in some parts of the world, because enormous population had removed themselves from active competition for resources for religious in some areas, and political reasons in others (think east block fsu). when I started looking at the numbers it was something like 2/3 of the population wasn't really active consuming, and producing as we were ( for the previous 100 + years) mostly for the reasons given. It doesn't take much thinking to understand what will happen to resources when everyone wants to live the good life and starts getting their act together...There is going to be ups and downs (such as now resource price wise) but the trajectory is clear. I remember watching documetories in the 70s in China a Bike and a tv were the pinicial you could hope for, and not a colour tv, don't be silly, and India, well if sometimes you could watch a tv through a window ...well life didn't get better than that.Your children now will be competing harder than you for less, and their children even harder for again less.........This generation (mine) gets to finish its life out living like kings.....

Think about it again.....all of north America is a rounding error to a single country......a country than has woken up...there are others as well...the world is no longer our stomping ground to take from without challenge...
Last edited by peppercorn on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Great minds think...yada yada. I tell people to remember we are just a rounding error.

So, Black Monday is continuing into Tuesday.
I mentioned the well respected Goathollow recently. Here is his recent vid to get people caught up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8YGLG1Gv_Y

Speaking of which, Ive been working on an addition to the shipping container for tractor and hay cutter to winter in. Pics once finished. We have noticed shipping container prices are dropping. I wish I could afford another....but you will notice the connection to the vid. Maybe once the price drops lower....
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:26 am

So while the markets rise and fall....the real worrying data long term is this,
grain-per-capita.png
grain-per-capita.png (37.17 KiB) Viewed 521 times

and this,
620px-Figure_1_long-term_population_growth.jpg
620px-Figure_1_long-term_population_growth.jpg (33.19 KiB) Viewed 521 times

I could have put fish stocks, fresh water supplies, ground water supplies, arable land, instead of wheat, but the graph would be much the same....flat line or falling. It doesn't bode well your children, and theirs.
We are not living off the interest the world produces, we are well into the principal.
This isn't going to end well......
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Peppercorn...

If you go farther than this narrow piece of the pie shown above....say:
-Demographics of today's population and the number of seniors...then compare it to 30 years from now.
-Food Distribution vs. production.

Your conclusion based on the single variable above changes....
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Return to “Nova Scotia”