• Advertisement

Merry Fucking Christmas

cernunnos5

Re: Merry Fucking Christmas

Postby cernunnos5 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:08 am

henry wrote:I do not read postings with heading using language that is offending, but I like to know the reason to use lt with talking about prepping.
Some people offend with guns some with words.
Henry

Well yes, The Taliban factor are always present in our society. Or Pharisees, if you will, that Jesus regularly mocked. The ones that plotted to have him murdered because they were self righteously offended by his words, behavior and associations. Yes some will use violence to oppose speech.

But we are a bit early for Easter.... donchathink. ;)
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

henry

Postby henry » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:09 am

Please do not go into the Muslims or Christianity I am talking about INTELLIGENCE AND RESPECT.
First You have to know bible to talk about it.
Henry
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:43 pm

No one intervine. I will handle this.
I think it is about time to reveil a bit about myself to the members of IPN. No one I know today knows this stuff. Even My wife only knows a little. I chose to shield her from it and carry the weight alone. I won't get back to this for a few days but want to place hold.

I was a Christian Missionary for about 15 years. Not the lightweight kind. I have FORGOTTEN more scriptures, theology, Christian history, apologetics, hermanutics and semantics than most church leaders bothered to learn. Back then, most of the people in my inner circle were theology profs, pastors, people with MDIV. at the front of their names and teachers of university level in comparative religion. The others ran illegal soup kitchens out of their cars or housed street people in their homes.
One of my main studies was comparative religion. That is enough for now.
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:50 am

Speaking of semantics...I may have misread this. `henry`, Please clarify. Is English your first language. If not, I may have misunderstood you. I took `some offend with guns` as a veiled threat. Because I have survived a few attempts on my life before, I don't take comments like that passively.

So, henry. Are we simply having a communication misunderstanding
0 x

henry

Postby henry » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:05 am

No ,English is my fourth language and North America is forth continent of make my living, but not once I ever addressed my fellow citizens in offensive language just because my opinion is different . I do not care how you read my posting OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE IS NOT NECESSARY.
It does not makes you better prepper . Show some class and will get more respect.
OVER AND OUT.
Henty
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:48 am

The point being... Why using the F word in the subject line?
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 am

Gentelman, lighten up....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fny40Ut ... ldAQ6Rh5ZI

and at the risk of giving offence...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3t ... ldAQ6Rh5ZI

Now everyone, go check the bottled water you are drinking. Does it say "Michigans finest" if so you might want to switch brands, and if that doesn't help with irascibleness try less mix....works for me
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:45 am

Glad you asked, helicopilot. Because it is common fucking English language. It is sort of an exclamation point in a sentence. It communicates the social class of both the speaker and the intended audience. Might a soldier use that word? or a hard working tradesman? or Riglen that posted above, a prepping farmer from the Punk scene. Now he feels included...because his social class and subculture are acknowledged as valuable to the prepper discussion.

Editing language is not a sign of moral superiority. It is a cultural anachronism. It can be taken as religious oppression. Usually oppression of the lower classes. I suppose if I wanted to go all theology wanker on this, I could probably trace this trend back to the influence of Greek Gnosticism on the second century church...but that's not relevant. When Jesus described this kind of religion as "Excrement"...I don't think he actually used the word excrement. When he described it as bloody menstrual rags...well, the much more useful douche bag hadn't been invented yet.

Before I forget, I apologise to henry, not for the content of this post but because I missed the very obvious language communication problem in the first read. For future reference, a comment like that reads as a threat.

Peppercorn, I'm surprise you didn't include the George Carlin skit. That is more your flavour. If I remember it correctly, it goes something like, "We send our kids off to kill people in other lands but are offended if they say the word Fuck. Now that is offensive". Maybe you can find it for us.
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:51 pm

For the records, I grew up in QC where the F word (and just about every church-related items) are used indifferently as noun, verb, adjective, adverbs... ;p

I'm cool with all that, but at the same time, could understand why someone could be offended.

Back on topic... Haven't heard much from the Yeeaadists lately. Could it be that it's slowly going the way of the dodo with no one caring anymore?!?!
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:03 am

helicopilot wrote:
Back on topic... Haven't heard much from the Yeeaadists lately. Could it be that it's slowly going the way of the dodo with no one caring anymore?!?!

Yikes, spoke too soon...
0 x

Return to “Nova Scotia”