• Advertisement

2016 Predictions-More, More of the Same

cernunnos5

2016 Predictions-More, More of the Same

Postby cernunnos5 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:03 am

Last year I wrote the post, "2015- More of the Same- Whatever". I was quoting John Michael Greer. I like this guy. Its like he is channeling my thoughts and writing them down...without me having to do any of the work. Ha. He helps me be a lazier man.

So here he is again- Down the Ratholes of the Future- http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.ca/2 ... uture.html

Second mention goes to James Howard Kunstler.....With reservations. How can someone sooo smart and sarcastic...have become such a classist prick. No shit, I was sitting down with my friend Michael over at ApocaDocs http://www.apocadocs.com/ . He asked me who some of my influences are. I said,"....I also like Howard Kunstler...But he is a classist prick." He laughed. His wife piped in from the kitchen, "What? Is that true honey?" He laughed again and said "Yes dear. He IS a classist prick".

I think he just got old, frightened and is pouting about being white and privileged . The rest of the world moved on without him and the younger tattooed subcultures are just not "Stardust" and just not "Golden" enough for him.
Still, half of what He says, I wholeheartedly agree with...and that's far more than most. - Pretend to the Bitter End- http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/ ... itter-end/

So My predictions- More, More of the same. Im sticking with "The Slow Crash". Not, Falling off a cliff. More, Rolling down a rocky hill.

Unless the US picks up steam in that little civil war they got planned. Rwanda anyone. Oh, That comes latter.... ;)
Last edited by cernunnos5 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

cernunnos5

Re: 2016 Predictions-More, More of the Same

Postby cernunnos5 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:15 pm

I suppose another interesting read is this one by Rob Hopkins. He is on my respected list though alittle too dull for hero worship. Best lines...

" I have to say, if I were on the senior command of the Dark Side, once my beautiful Death Star (the size of the Moon remember) had been blown up by one tiny Rebel fighter dropping a bomb down a chute, thereby wrecking what must have been many decades of bloody hard work, a vast amount of precious resources and an unimaginable amount of money (imagine insuring that thing), that top of my list of instructions to the architect of the new improved one would be "this one does not have one of those chutes". "Definitely no chutes". But in this new film, the new base, the quaintly-named 'Starkiller Base', has another of those chutes. I'd say that architect should be checking his professional liability insurance."

Hey. I had friends on that Death Star...

http://www.resilience.org/stories/2016- ... ce-awakens

Though not predictive...It shows us were our Empire is at as well as the mythos of the Joe six pack citizenry.
There is a profound but intangible Mind Fuck rolling around in my subconscious. This movie is now the single biggest boxoffice money maker of all time...for derivative, unbelievable drivel. And we bought it...because of PREVIOUS INVESTMENT (we just cant let go of and move on) ...and the Empire will sell us this again and we will buy it again. Its enough to make me want to return to the conservative "Good Ol Days" of Jarjar Binks.
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:34 am

I suppose this one goes here as well. Not a prediction...but a prescription

My Prescription for 2016: Collapse Early and Often- http://cluborlov.blogspot.ca/2016/01/my ... .html#more

Best lines-
"1. All things that must collapse eventually do. All empires collapse—no exceptions. All buildings collapse—unless they are demolished first. All Ponzi schemes—such as the current financial system, based on runaway debt—collapse when you least expect them to. Seeing as collapses aren't optional, it makes sense to get used to the idea of them happening, and to learn how make the best of them. Some people consider this and are filled with grief. As I pointed out before, collapse is the worst possible time to suffer a nervous breakdown, so please get your blubbering over with ahead of time."

You may have herd me say this before. Mutate NOW and avoid the post apocalyptic rush
0 x

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:44 pm

ANy positive things for 2016?
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:21 pm

I agree that http://www.apocadocs.com/ site is depressing

mix in something like this http://www.cnet.com/news/new-year-new-e ... r-fridges/
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:18 pm

thecrownsown wrote:ANy positive things for 2016?

What part of "Good News Everybody" is being missed here. LOL. It is a matter of perspective. As Dmitry points out, "Collapse can be good for you".

Unless, of course, your " Master Wish beneath all the wishful thinking in America: Please, God, let us be able to drive to WalMart forever." Then a wake up call is in order.
Good news, everybody. The oil cartels are losing their grip. Good news everybody. The Ponzi schemes are coming to their conclusion. Good news, everybody. We can garden more and go on more bicycle rides and our health is going to increase. Good news everybody. We will get to have strong ties with our neighbours when we are encouraged to work together. Good news, every body. Our foreign entanglements are becoming unprofitable. Good news, everybody. We have a thirty percent chance of not going extinct as a species if this plays out right.

As for the "New fridge" we can continue to drive to walmart for....You have herd me say this before. "It all starts by coming to grips with that refrigeration is a privilege and not a right. If you can wrap your head around that...all else follows." So the optimist will start thinking ....instead of buying the same old wishfull thinking fridge, why don't I just unplug it for half the year when I don't need it and keep stuff in an unheated room. Double energy savings.
Good News everybody! I can keep my fridge running on my solar panels during the hot and sunny part of the year.

Now, I cant do anything about that whole problem of civil war from the Driving to Walmart\ Refrigeration is a God given Right and I will murder any traitorous commie that disagrees with me, types....But hey. As Meatloaf used to sing, Two out'a thee aint bad

And finally, GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY! It probably wont spin into Road Warrior, Apocalyptic Movie disaster levels...in 2016. Just More, More of the same mini disasters and hollowing out.

So you still have TIME to pre position yourself and bring all of your adaptions to all this good news, online.
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:34 am

cernunnos5 wrote:As for the "New fridge" we can continue to drive to walmart for....You have herd me say this before. "It all starts by coming to grips with that refrigeration is a privilege and not a right. If you can wrap your head around that...all else follows.

While that privilege can be enjoyed, you can now do it with models using 10 percent less power than last years models. :D
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:13 am

peppercorn wrote:
cernunnos5 wrote:As for the "New fridge" we can continue to drive to walmart for....You have herd me say this before. "It all starts by coming to grips with that refrigeration is a privilege and not a right. If you can wrap your head around that...all else follows.

While that privilege can be enjoyed, you can now do it with models using 10 percent less power than last years models. :D

Well, That should cover a 10 percent rise is energy costs ;) And a 10 percent devaluation of purchasing power. Now wait a minute. That's a negative saving. Is C5 being NEGATIVE talking about all this Diminishing Returns stuff.
Good news everyone. The scientists will make the "New And Improved" model next year. It will come with racing stripes and be endorsed by NASA. :lol: "this one does not have one of those chutes". "Definitely no chutes".
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:25 am

cernunnos5 wrote:Well, That should cover a 10 percent rise is energy costs ;) And a 10 percent devaluation of purchasing power.

Not so fast...no rise in energy costs for me...and I can to a great measure mitigate purchasing power devaluations.
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:27 pm

"10 percent devaluation of purchasing power"

NAILED IT!.....lol. Total fluke. I hadn't been paying close attention to the falling Canadian dollar.
It looks like we wont be travelling any time soon. Damn. I had still wanted to visit some Asian countries to learn new prepper skills and insights.
0 x

Return to “Nova Scotia”