• Advertisement

The Price of Oil- Harbinger of Doom

cernunnos5

The Price of Oil- Harbinger of Doom

Postby cernunnos5 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:37 pm

This came out today by the respected nice old guy of prepping, "Goat Hollow". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUFF68Glio4

Each time I drive by a gas station and see the price, while others might be celebrating, I find myself muttering to myself, "This s bad. This is really bad. I predicted this was going to happen and now I am watching it in real time. Am I ready? How are my supplies....". That gas station sign is like a big lit up version of "The end is nigh"
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

cernunnos5

Re: The Price of Oil- Harbinger of Doom

Postby cernunnos5 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:44 am

On the practical side, If you haven't started the discipline of fuel storage yet, this is a good time. Not just storage but rotating it into your car every six months. Im not saying this because its cheap at the moment. That is just a bonus to reduce the sting of coughing up the money for your first round. You are just buying in advance instead of buying it on demand. Replacing it is just what you were going to do anyhow with regular fill ups.

The reason I am bringing this up? Its counter intuitive. Expensive oil leads to Demand Destruction. Oil surpluses lead to shortages and rationing. Sound stupid?
Oil company's will fail and go bankrupt. Less oil gets pumped. Shortages. Its that simple.

Even if it stays low or goes lower...eventually people cant afford to buy it at any price.

So this is the heads up. Cheap oils eventually leads to shortages. Potentially, rationing. That doesn't mean it happens all at once. It will probably come in spirts. Don't ask me for a time frame. That is anyone's guess.

My point is for you to develop the discipline of gas storage so you already have it down before these shortages take place.
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

Return to “Nova Scotia”